Is Linux mint a good distro?

I've had problems with RPM for a long time now and I don't want to deal with "power user" distros and all their shit, is mint a good escape?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/search/text/mint/type/op/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you like rootkits built right into the OS, sure

>is mint a good escape
No.

Many years ago it was excellent. Now it is terrible. If you insist on using it then at the very least do your own research (so you know what you are in for). There are many good distro out there and all anyone on Sup Forums can do is give an opinion of what they like. But the mint devs (dev) doesn't care about security. If you do your own research you'll be able to confirm that fact. Ubuntu is usually the go to for beginners, but again, there are many good simple distros out there.

Mint is a great option. I use it on my work computer. Only downside is old packages, it's like debian in that way. Only "bleeding edge" updates you get are security updates if there is some security patch.

There are no rootkits in the OS, the code is open source and available for everyone.

Linux Mint is as secure as any other popular distro like Debian, Ubuntu or Fedora.

I've tried Arch and it's as easy to use as other distros but I find Pacman to be a bit annoying at times. Also, I REALLY don't want a distro with systemd.

Although PCLinuxOS has RPM as it's package manager it's systemd free, is that a good choice?

>Another Linux Mint Thread
rbt.asia/g/search/text/mint/type/op/

Make up your own mind. I don't think I can stomach yet another mint love/hate thread. Instead of creating a thread like this you should spend your time with a VM. Try various distros and see which one you like best. This thread is a waste of time IMO, OP.

Good luck.

>There are no rootkits in the OS
>the code is open source and available for everyone.

Open sourcing doesn't automatically remove all vulnerabilities in software. Also, open source doesn't mean no malicious intent. systemd is a big bag of obfuscated exploits. Go ahead and examine its source. Its source grows faster then you can read.

I'm trying to find myself a new distro, you're not helping

manjaro

>systemd

I'd really prefer a systemd free distro, I want security.

>you're not helping
And I'm trying to tell you that:
1) Your question gets asked all the time with threads that devolve into shitposting
2) You would be better off forming your own opinion instead of asking an anime imageboard

Stop asking to be told what is good. Install (VM/liveCD) distros you are interested in and make up your own mind sweetie.

If you're worried about mint, just stick with Ubuntu.

>even considering Mint if you want a systemd-less system
You've got to be joking...

>Ubuntu
>Fedora
>Cent OS
Everything else is a meme

Install Slackware.

Void

>Posting provable falsehoods
Why can't people get banned for this shit?

>>is mint a good escape
>If you do your own research you'll be able to confirm that fact
The burden of proof lies with the accusor.

i said i'd PREFER a systemd free distro

learn to read cunt

Alright, I decided to further check Linux Mint about all of it's "security flaws" and I found out it has none.

It just has some default settings which prevent certain (in my opinion) needed updates.

>mfw people bash a linux distribution for a default setting that can be changed with 2 clicks