My smartphone was in my pants pocket when I washed it in the Washing Machine. Is it a lost cause?

My smartphone was in my pants pocket when I washed it in the Washing Machine. Is it a lost cause?

Put it in a bowl of rice and some chinks will come in your sleep to fix the phone and eat the rice.

Absolutely do not try to use it before letting it dry in the rice though.

>Put it in a bowl of rice and some chinks will come in your sleep to fix the phone and eat the rice.

lol i have to remember that joke

did u try to turn it on?
if yes, its a lost cause
if no, just let it dry before trying like

but seriously put it in a bowl of rice

but i'm not OP. though it would be interesting to be visited by chinks

how often does Drunkard monk capstone flurry trigger? Is there a situation where you can hit 5 targets?

>but seriously put it in a bowl of rice
But seriously, that never works. It never did.
It was a movie trope. Rice doesn't absorb water.
Silica Gel does.

>Rice doesn't absorb water.

What do you think happens to all the water in a rice cooking pot? The rice absorbs it.

It werked for me twice. Once on literally drown phone. Rice absorbs moisture.
If you have like 1kg of silica gel "just in case" then ok, that's better. In real life rice will save your ass.

Meizues are made out of invincible
Put it in a bowl of rice for two days and it will ne fine

No it evaporated

Dude, the rice is in a pressure cooker with limited venting and has expanded twice its size. The fucking rice absorbed it.

No the water turns into a gas and slips through the small gaps in the pressure cooker

Its not airtight

yup, i don't think it has some remedy or
something to do with that. You'd put it into a jar of rice and wait one day or two. Then, try to power on it.

Pls don't try to power on it either you're secure about that

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Do you know how water and heat work?

reported.

Probably, most "water resistant" phones won't survive a run through a washing machine.

Has any one actually tested the effectiveness of drying with rice vs just letting a device air dry? I have a suspicion that if there is a difference, it's negligible. Rice is most likely a plecebo. Regardless, either method will do nothing to help the inevitable corrosion and debris left by soapy water.

a) it doesn't otherwise there would be a huge patch of water on the shelf above the cooker
b) doesn't explain the expanding rice grains

a) Its a gas and spreads so thin you wouldn't notice it
b) Thermal expansion

Been a lost cause when you got it. Chinkphone

>rice
>thermal expansion
>rice

Great bait, I'm actually fucking triggered so I guess you get +1 internet