So Sup Forums, given everyone here clearly loves Firefox, I'm curious as to who actually compiles their own Firefox?

So Sup Forums, given everyone here clearly loves Firefox, I'm curious as to who actually compiles their own Firefox?

Is anyone here compiling their own? What flags/optimizations are you running?

BUMP!

Rebump!

Final sad bump :(

Sure thing that it's the best way. But FF is fine without compiling too.
Also, most of the Sup Forumseys here can't even install gentoo. So don't expect them complex stuff.

Figured it was worth a try. Thanks for the reply.

>compiling firefox

but why?

For me, it was the only way for me to enable CSD on Arch, as that patch has not been upstreamed yet.

Performance as well. You can enable certain compiler flags to take advantage of newer hardware.

You can also remove whatever shit you want off, like pocket etc etc.

How much RAM is required to compile it?

8 recommend but the more the merrier.

4 required, 8 with PGO.

I do compile it to patch privacy stuff and make mousegestures work on linux. It literally takes 15 minutes to compile it.

Any info on what you change and any performance differences?

not autistic enough for that yet. though palemoon has fucking terrible extension support to might have to do something else soon.

is there any way to get the classic firefox look in the latest version?

Becaus Intel Atom and 1GB of RAM

Did you use a PKGBUILD? couldn't find one for compiling Firefox from source. Ended up installing FirefoxNightlyCSD through Flatpak.

Regarding your original question, I like my software installed with a package manager.

But I love Chromium

I'd love to compile Firefox, but it takes more than one night on my x220, so I gave up on that :/

I compile nightly and use Fedora's default.

If using portage to compile it counts, yeah. My useflags are bindist custom-cflags custom-optimization eme-free jemalloc pgo system-harfbuzz system-icu system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite.
There ain't much in my cflags besides -march=native.