/tfg/ technology fallacies general

>uses hard wired internet connection for no interference or latency issues
>plays reflex intensive games with wireless xb1 or ps4 controllers running off batteries

Other urls found in this thread:

boxedwine.sourceforge.net/b4/games.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You just reminded me that I need to buy a PS4 controller so I can play nioh on my pc.

XB1 offers a proprietary adapter that's much more advanced than BT.

>uses arch
>installs adobe flash, chrome, hola on chrome and uses non-FOSS software.
this happens IRL

>open steam controller layouts
>apply PS4 configuration to 360 controller
>profit

input lag is a meme
it really depends on the game but most of the time it doesn't matter

I most certainly do not

>installs loonix for "muh freedums"
>uses wine for every other program

this

also as a protip if you're poor or just want a second pad, call the warranty and explain the analog sticks to left or right, they sent a refurbished one without picking the other up (which I repaired by myself) = free controller

My old xbox 360 controller is with my brother in law and he hasn't given it back in the past 6 years.
I think it's time to buy a new one to play emulator shit I ain't seeing that thing again.

On the bright side I got his 500m roll of cat6 cable in my house.

>uses copper cooler with high performance liquid for better heat transfer
>spends months tweaking every setting of his firmware
>heat is on the edge, fans roar like turbojet engines
>5% overall performance gain

Most game consoles aren't played at a desk.
TVs have gotten much bigger since the 1990s when it was normal to huddle in front of your TV to play vidya.
So now you play wirelessly from 10 feet away.

>xbox 360 controller
Don't, the d-pad is shit. Just get the new XB1 controller, it actually has proper switches directly underneath the d-pad rather than 2 miles underneath it and requiring some retarded tilting table thing.

i have a wired xbox 360 controller, had wireless before that but got annoyed by constant battery replacements. Imo there is no lag difference, both seem a little delayed compared to mouse/keyboard. I still use it hovewer, because its comfy for some games.

>what are USB extensions

>playing fighting games on pc
>playing fighting games without an arcade stick
>playing shitty 2D side scroller platformers that are a dime a dozen on steam

Well since I'm buying a new one it will probably be the current models so it's either ps4 or xbone stuff.

But considering I hated the ergonomics of the microsoft controller I will probably go with the ps4 one for the sake of nostalgia from ps1 era.

I have one but it disconnects all the time so I just use the micro usb cord usually

>uses hard wired internet connection for no interference or latency issues
how is this a fallacy? have you ever used wireless in a suboptimal environment?
>plays reflex intensive games with wireless xb1 or ps4 controllers running off batteries
and how is this a fallacy?

>buying a controller that is bound to windows 10
why would you do that?
just get the elite or whatever the rereleased 360 controller was called it has a proper dpad too

>device designed for high-response input to a single other device has better response time than a general-purpose wide-range communication network servicing multiple devices and constantly looking for new devices to connect with
Gee, go figure that.

>he thinks he's "discusses technology" by bringing the console wars retardation here, but now with GPUs, CPUs and other consumer garbage instead of games

>not running wine in your web browser
boxedwine.sourceforge.net/b4/games.html

It’s literally an encoded WiFi signal.

The 2016 revision of the PS4 gamepad is useable via USB. The old version only charged but still had to be connected via bluetooth. That was bullshit desu but at least they fixed it.

Wireless controller lag is imperceptible on Windows. Linux though...lmao.

??
I'm using an Xbone controller on win 7 perfectly fine

Does the ps4 controller just werk? When I used my ps3 controller on PC I had to use that x input wrapper from some some playstation forum.

bought this for peanuts.
it's worse than playstation but it's cheap.

>micro usb
>loses connection randomly because the port is shit

back when i tried it out there were no official sources for the driver besides windows update, and the driver in there didn't actually work for me on two different systems. so i would actually be grateful to find out how you got it to work

ps4 controller is the better one.
Unless the xb1 is cheap as fuck go with the ps4 but buy the newest models. There was a bug with the bluetooth or something before so it wouldn't connect straight to the pc.
Newer models are pretty much plug and play, you can even play shit like FFXIV natively with them.