/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega if you have a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/467Cjc
pcpartpicker.com/list/VkTZtJ
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/star-wars-battlefront-ii-test-gpu-cpu
ebay.com/itm/322462493363?afepn=5337259887
pcpartpicker.com/list/fK6nYr
amazon.com/dp/B01IOO4SGK
pcpartpicker.com/list/F3RwNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/c4ZXxY
youtu.be/a5kTWLnSaAc?t=2260
pcpartpicker.com/list/XHfYM8
pcpartpicker.com/list/RFyHwV
pcpartpicker.com/list/LmKsqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A ATX CUBE CASE?

pcpartpicker.com/list/467Cjc
is this an optimal build for less than 1500, main uses will be some gaming, photoshop and shitposting

Air 540 or for a bit smaller I have personally considered the Core v21

>shitposting

use a comfy bendium 4 for maximum shitposting during winter

G4620 with 1050Ti for small llite gayming and a bit photoshop? Will it handle anything?

>cube case
>not aesthetic compact atx mid tower

Is there any reason to get a 144Hz+ monitor if it doesn't have G-Sync and I have mid range hardware?

With my hardware, I can hardly get a stable 40+ FPS maxing out most modern games... I can't afford the G-Sync premium...

My current 27" 60Hz IPS from like 4+ years ago is dying and I need a replacement...

The only stuff in my price range is another 27" 60Hz IPS or 24" 144Hz TN. Neither with G-Sync.

Which do you think would be the better buy for me?

different strokes for different blokes

Are there any good matx motherboards for ryzen? I plan on getting ryzen 7 1700, but can't decide on my mb. Leaning towards GB AB350M gaming 3 right now.

>photoshop on a dual core
just no, get a ryzen 1200
many games do not support dual cores any more
also consider getting a rx 580 or 570 instead, the gpu market needs more competition

For gaming, the most you'd want is am R5 1600.
For photoshop, you want strong single core performance for some reason
You'd be better off with an i5 8400 between the two

You haven't even posted the resolution you're thinking about. If you're getting a new 1080p monitor, get the one in the OP pcpartpicker. 144Hz, 1ms response, VA panel (similar to IPS in color and viewing angles)

>many games do not support dual cores any more
Bullshit, every game supports the dual core G4560 and of course the dual core i3s that are in countless gaming builds because those processors have four threads. Shut up, retard.

>gaming
>ryzen 7
what do you mean fampai?

don't get 570 at any cost, the 1060 3gb costs less and outperforms it, even though it's a shit card

pro4 is best ab350 board, comes in atx & matx

isn't *sync in case you go both over and under the refresh rate of your monitor?

if you go over, you have tearing without vsync
if you go under, with vsync it causes large delays

what about farcry 4?

Okay how is this bud?
pcpartpicker.com/list/VkTZtJ

>don't get 570 at any cost, the 1060 3gb costs less and outperforms it
A retarded statement. "At any cost".. so if the RX 570 was $100 and the 3GB 1060 was $200, you still wouldn't buy it and you'd turn your friends away from it? Completely moronic.

The 570 slightly outperforms the 3GB 1060 and has more VRAM. Right now prices are fucked up, so it costs more, but soon it will be competitive again
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/star-wars-battlefront-ii-test-gpu-cpu

FC4 what? It runs on the G4560 if that's what you're asking.

CPU is overkill for the 1050Ti. Either drop down to R3 1200 or get a 1060

>You haven't even posted the resolution you're thinking about. If you're getting a new 1080p monitor, get the one in the OP pcpartpicker. 144Hz, 1ms response, VA panel (similar to IPS in color and viewing angles)

Yes 1080p.

Does the 144Hz matter if I can hardly reach those refresh rates?

Like would it offer any advantage over something like this:
ebay.com/itm/322462493363?afepn=5337259887

IPS, 75Hz, $70 cheaper.

>A retarded statement. "At any cost".. so if the RX 570 was $100 and the 3GB 1060 was $200, you still wouldn't buy it and you'd turn your friends away from it? Completely moronic.

no, by "at any cost" I mean, if someone threatened to chop off your dick if you didn't buy a 570 instead of a different card, you should still not buy it

27" is too big for 1080p at monitor viewing distances. You want 23-25" at 1080p. 27" is 1440p territory.

I don't know anything about the stats of that monitor like "virtual" response time. I assume that's to limit the ghosting reported on the early Freesync 4ms IPS monitors.

>chop off your dick
>or buy a 570
Just gonna drop you a hint that you should buy the 570. You'll keep your dick AND get a good card ta boot.

what part of "at any cost" don't you get user
it's not worth keeping your dick if you have to get a 570 for it

I have a i5-4440 processor right now and a GX780 6gb strix video card.

I'm thinking of getting the new i5-8600k processor and wait until next gen to upgrade my video card as hopefully the price on 1440p monitors will have become more reasonable by then. (I can't afford to upgrade both at once and my 780 seems to be holding up okay.)

How retarded am I? Is the processor upgrade gonna be noticeable? Mostly for multi tasking video/streaming while gaming.

What if you have to insert the 1060 3GB into your rectum?

>get a va panel
Isn't a va panel very slow?
I play a lot iRacing and Assetto Corsa.
So i don't want a high Input lag

Is there a single good WQHD-144hz Monitor out there who has not backlight-bleeding or other problems but is also fast and has good colors?

>i'm going to put a 1070ti on a 1080p build
This is going to be like killing a mice with a shotgun

silly question from someone who knows nothing about water cooling - if I buy a liquid version of vega for example, is it a self contained unit that runs out of the box or do you still need the pump, reservoir etc set up already in your case for it to connect to?

Look at the benchmarks.
You will soon need a 1080 to play with 60fps+ in 1080p
>inb4 you don't have to play in ultra
yeah.... of course i play on medium

>Isn't a va panel very slow?
Not the new ones. 144Hz 1ms response

Yes Vega is set up for you

at
any
cost

if you had to fully insert it into your anus and use a pcie riser it'd still be better

stop STOP

>not the new ones
ok so mean this monitor from the op?
Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN
But it has a lot of bad customer feedbacks

pcpartpicker.com/list/fK6nYr
Going to pair this with a
amazon.com/dp/B01IOO4SGK
Will it run the monitor specs nicely or do I need a 1080ti? The ram and gpu brand are interchangeable depending on what goes on sale around black friday.

did you already order a DELID THIS kit?

>a VTX
my first ""real"" video card was a vtx
it got fried 2 months after i got it
never again

I'm going to first try to go for 5.0 stable (80c under load) before I think about delidding. Kinda why I'm getting the beefy cooler and mesh case.

I've read that the ASRock Ab350s mobos have some problems with ram speeds above 2400. is this just for overclocking or general performance? im not much of an overclocker but if high ram speeds are going to flat out hurt performance I'd rather just go with something else.

get a 1070ti or a 1080ti, don't bother with 1080 while 1070ti sells for MSRP

>puts rams in different channels
TRIGGERED

outdated info
all the ram compatibility issues have been solved with bios updates
if you're lucky, your motherboard will come with a decent firmware, if not you'll have to flash it yourself, which is easy as shit and pretty safe as long as your power isn't spotty and you do it in bios and not using some program

awesome
thanks

>Uh wow, it's time to build a new PC
>Let's check the recommendation list
>R5 1600 / i5 8400
>Well I'm a gamer so I'll obviously pick the Intel CPU as they have better performance
>Wai-

pcpartpicker.com/list/F3RwNN
Assuming I managed to get all the deals I am thinking about on black friday, I could pull this off for the price listed.

Should I change anything?

why not the i7 8700k?
Way better and for the future

Nice shitpost.

>Should I change anything?
Nah

try checking for a 8350k
4 cores 4 thread instead of 6 & 6, but faster clock speeds, so better for DEM GAMES

>lmao just buy the one that's literally 2x the price bro

I could only afford to buy an R5/1500X and I'm going to primarily use it for office work and some 1080p 60fps gaming. Will I be fine for like the next 3 years or so? I'll be OC'ing it and I have 2400mhz ram.

>i5 not available
>g-sync monitors disgustingly overpriced in Aus
strongly considering my first red build

>that motherboard
user NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING
switch to the AB350M Pro4

if you REALLY decide to go with that board, you should switch to a single 8/16 gig stick

>I have 2400mhz ram.
rip u user
why would you buy ddr4 2400

get 1600 instead of 1500x or if you really can't afford that extra 30, drop to 1200

Oh boy
Just start working

Is the lack of spots for ram the biggest problem?
Is it true you can't overclock with some cheaper boards? I heard some people saying that chaper boards don't have some of the features for overclocking or something like that.

Hi /pcbg/, what's a good build for less than €800?
I've never built a desktop, I just want to play some ksp and host virtual machines, nothing fancy like video rendering or heavy computation (except compiling gentoo)
linux support is important, it would be nice using only open source drivers but I have not problem running nvidia proprietary driver if necessary considering it would basically be a glorified steam machine
I already have a dell 24" 1080p and a 750GB ssd, but I don't know what to look next
should I choose a cpu? i5 or ryzen?
what about the motherboard and the socket?
how to calculate cooling and power supply?
pls help

I have the money, I just don't have any need for that much power. I could buy a 1080 ti too but that doesn't mean I can justify the cost for my own needs

Is there any better option for a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor than the mg279q? I would buy the new px277 but unfortunately i live in yurop and import tax is killing me.

>I heard some people saying that chaper boards don't have some of the features for overclocking or something like that.
your board LITERALLY can't overclock

retard. why not suggest an 1800x to every user buying a 1600? Its better after all

Need a good mATX case. Post Cases.

Is the Silencio 352 any good? I ehar it has some cable management and airflow issues but I can't tell if that's a meme.

f

Why not get the Fractal Define Mini instead of this clone?

I don't like the power supply shroud, I have autism and I like to see 3.5" drives

Air flow in that case is fuck-awful. Get the N200 if you like that layout. It's not even loud with decent fans.

Is it possible to fit 2 56's in a 400C?

>nobody will restock coffee lake until January
It's like they want me to buy AyyyMD. Fucking hell.

pcpartpicker.com/list/c4ZXxY
Is this good enough to play Assassins Creed Origin in 4k @60fps?

Honest opinion on parts for my new build, where did I waste, any advice on where I could improve? To power Ultra wide gaming, mainly Arma 3 & preparing for Star Citizen.

>8700k with a80 cooler
>2 x asus strix 1080 sli (second hand £500 for both!)
>Intel optane 900p 280gb
>Seagate Barracuda pro 4tb
>Asus hero X WiFi edition
>4000mhz ram
>Acer Predator x34a (second hand £650)

>preparing for Star Citizen

They have a 4/5 star average

Probably i5 8400 + AMD graphics card from the rumors I've heard

Like the other user said, get an AB350 or B350 board

the real question is why would you want to play a meh game that you can play on consoles when PC has better games with better graphics

I think you may actually have gone overboard but yeah, assuming you are delidding your i7 it would be hard to build a faster pc than that.

Phanteks Enthoo maybe?

Samsung has the worst freesync, just fyi

Is it yet possible to run heavily modded skyrim with a moderate ENB at 1440p and 120fps? If so, what would it take? I don't want to ask /tesg/ because it's all waifufags.

So basically all high-end monitors are shit
Those with ips are glowing, Those with TN have no good colours, VA is to slow

I just only want WQHD with 144hz.
Is there nothing good out there?

there are quite a few high end TN screens with decent colours, you usually just have to do some adjustment when setting them up

Using an AIO should I use the radiator to suck air into the case or blow it out? Thinking sucking it in with the AIO radiator on the front then two fans on the top and one on the back to exhaust would be best? Or the AIO on the top blowing air out and the two fans in the front sucking air in?

why even bother with a build recommendation thread then? If it's "Just start working" and buy a i9 1080ti sli, btw you can't even afford a build like this with your walmart job.

What is the difference between AB and B boards?

The question of the century.

Which do you prefer, Ryzen or Intel?

Will this set up be benefical for FPS Gaming at 144hz? (Maybe with mild Overclocks)

> Intel i7-8700k.
> Noctua DH-15
> AsRock Taichi/Extreme4
> Asus GTX 1080Ti OC (Already had it)
> XB270HU 1440p 144hz IPS (Already had it)

Will this help me?

Ryzen because it physically exists here

>Assassins Creed Origin
bad!

no system will be able to keep it solid 60fps even 1080p
youtu.be/a5kTWLnSaAc?t=2260

1920x1200 medium settings drops below 60 with a 5960x and sli 1080
sometimes even below 30FPS

Ryzen because it performs better in all workloads that matter, has a more future-proof platform, is available, and costs far less.

What do you think about that monitor?
144hz, wqhd but TN-panel
ASUS PG27VQ
900€ to wait for the next generation qled-10bit-hdr-144hz-wqhd/4k-monitors....

just some naming miscommunication
exactly the same thing

Where are you getting the a80? I can't find that shit anywhere.

pcpartpicker.com/list/XHfYM8

I have had my list checked many times. I changed the CPU and I want my list to be rated /10.

I mostly play at 1080p 60fps and I wanna upgrade from my 970. I feel like I should just get a 1060 but I kinda wanna be able to blast through games on ultra for the next 3+ years

Is a 1070 worth it when a 1080 is only 100 dollars more and comes with 2 games?

Get faster ram for Ryzen/10.

maybe not relevant but dont wanna make my own thread.
my ram is 1600mhz 7-8-7-20, base frequency 133 In bios it says ram run at 1333. If I set base frequency to 160 x10multiplier will only ram and cpu be overclocked(no effect on gpu/motherboard)? will this be good for my ram(without changing 7-8-7-20 also)?

eBay

So, if I up the ram speed, what would you rate the list (I know you said Ryzen/10, but I want a number).

would my PC hit the bricks on me if I had two different GPUs SLI'd

>A320/10

aren't you still fine with 970?
you should be able to hit 60fps comfortably with that

1060 is barely an upgrade, just get a 1070ti if you really want a GPU upgrade

pcpartpicker.com/list/RFyHwV

Okay. This is a solid list.
Now what can I do to get it back into the $700 area?

>no effect on gpu/motherboard
>no effect on motherboard

>motherboard overclocking

also that should just change your ram speed

Radiator as exhaust always. Otherwise the air running through the radiator will heat up the inside of your case. Better to sacrifice a few degrees cpu temps than much higher temps in the case overall.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LmKsqk

>Now what can I do to get it back into the $700 area?
heh, good luck with that
atleast I made it a lot better for 38 cents

Oh, thank you.