LibreOffice mascot round 2

Vote here: imageboard.documentfoundation.org/posts

Other urls found in this thread:

imageboard.documentfoundation.org/posts
nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/bumbling-bomb-hoaxer-faxes-threats-blow-businesses-nyc-article-1.3218930
lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=rockhopper penguin
canstockphoto.com/happy-cartoon-penguin-rockhopper-30574817.html
drive.google.com/file/d/1ujZbCMk29HP6iPSirbI22Ao-a67qIuq_/view?usp=sharing
streamable.com/t2rmn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss the suicidal toucan.

neither of those are cute anime girls

I can't believe that fucking recolor is going to win, something is fishy here...

I think it's 4channers that are voting for it.

If you login, you can see very funny comments from G tards.

> This great piece is the opus magnum of a Indian. Trully genious, see: The yellow represents curry, the orange represents curry, the blue is from the Gange’s water, which also goes into the curry. The gray is from the ashes of their ancestors, which are disposed in the ganges, so end up in the curry too. This Indian polar mammal is not only a mascot, but a work of art. Accepting it will be another step to LO demonstrating they embrace diversity.

>Best regards, Emerson Eduardo Rodrigues >Setim.
>Engineer - Curitiba, Brazil.

What a joke!!

>imageboard.documentfoundation.org/posts
is this the actual libreoffice website? their favicon is an anime girl. wtf

toxic waste radiating penguin will win

Still making the rule34 office pic of Libbie, decided to go with the gnu mascot doing it to her instead.

It was me. This Emerson guy is a meme in brazilian Imageboards. It's a story of pedophilia, scams and one assassination. You americans must probably know him by this prank that was made to frame him: nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/bumbling-bomb-hoaxer-faxes-threats-blow-businesses-nyc-article-1.3218930

nice

Nice. Do the radioactive penguim shoving the pen up his ass.

I'm still mad

CUTE ANIME GIRLS OR RIOT!

why this wasn't allowed I'll never know why it's fucking perfect

there was one, and she was rejected

RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Good work

Why isn't this the mascot already?

Clean, thoughtfully designed, and forgettable, just as office program icons should be.

Oh god, stop the furries
They already have Krita

A disgustingly ugly plagiarization vs an sjw drawing.

Fucking hell.

you have to register to vote? fuck that

10/10 review

>an sjw drawing.

Explain.

lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=rockhopper penguin

人在做 天在看
君子報仇 十年未晚

and press clipart

Does this mean they will actually get sued if it wins?

8meme is really pissed that the contest got rigged against Libbie, so they're voting for the clipart penguin to crash the plane with no survivors.

They can be sued.

They didnt wanted libbie, they will get lawyers on ass. Literally

Tyson seems to be taking it pretty hard. I'm actually kinda pissed now.

Let's fork it and make our own Sup Forums-approved version with anime girls

>uhh
>it was too complex!
>durr
>not enough votes!

>my furry pedo art didn't make it into a professional office application

Well imagine this situation.
>Be kid with nice artistic talent and great knowledge about drawing programs
>Teacher says about computer drawing competition and the best art will be shown on schools "hall of fame".
>You go to home and spend time with krita and some gimp to create good art from scratch. Every day, all free time you spend it.
> Then after days maybe weeks there it is, your masterpiece.
> You go give it for competition.
>You see other works, most of them are computer kid quality doddles .
>You think you gonna win with actually good drawing.
>After some time teacher says your work hasnt passed 1 stage for some unknown reason.
>And you see to school "hall of fame" to see the winner and maybe learn from it to improve.
>But you see the winner is some bunch of stolen cliparts and stock imagest badly pasted together.
Thats what tyson tan probably feels.

yea, while i'm not sure about the extremely angular look, and the fact that libbie always has an eye closed, it's easily the highest quality entry, and he even made variations for all kinds of purposes

Well he needed to draw that face first. And are you sure he didnt tried to draw diffrent concept are before he drew what we see now?

This is literally everything an office program mascot should be

If I were in charge I'd have just flat out canceled the vote (instead of rigging it and pretending the votes matter like they're actually doing) and just used this cool fuckin birb here

it got disqualified on trumped up technicality bullshit which is how you know there's some dumbfuck autist retard in charge.

there's a bunch of concept images in his post on tumblr, which all follow the same appearance (besides the 'male form' one, which is basically the same except for the male attire)
there's no other results if i do a search for 'libreoffice' there, though he might have posted something elsewhere, i don't follow tyson, so i'm not aware of any other places he might post things

It's just too busy honestly

I like it but it needs to be simplified so the brain can make some sense of what the character looks like

It's like trying to spot a guy in camo standing in front of whatever's good for that camo. Yeah you can see him, but your brain's automatic built-in shape detection gets fucked and it doesn't feel right when you stare at the image.

Well you dont understand. He could before draw any concept arts but he threw to trash without putting on internet because he considered as "Its not good enought"

and then he poststed arts what started to satisfy him enought.

THIS
Either this, or the hummingbird ones, there's a couple of them and it fits in more than stolen clip arts or furry diaper freaks.

right, probably, but how would that be relevant?

c-can we just fork libreoffice to give it this mascot?

How about 2 forks of libre office?
Libbie-office with libbie
and
Parrot-office with this parrot

i know what you mean, hence why i say it looks too angular

It's not even about the damn goat anymore. The LO Design team lied, and their lies hurt people. There was a time when we didn't stand for that kind of shit.

Twitter.

that site's only for posting text, isn't it?

inb4 apache picks up libbie for openoffice

Are you new to the Internet?

no, i'm just socially retarded

>the virgin Tyson tan was so confident he would steamroll the competition he went ALL OUT and carefully made all these designs of his mascot for every app and purpose, pulled many all nighters and set aside paid commercial projects to finish his entry on time
>gets cucked by the Chad Pajeet that spent 5 seconds in paint recoloring a penguin clipart he found on google images and submitted just for kicks

JUST!

is this your first time meming? you’re trying too hard

Fuck off facebookfuck

And thats not funny because
1. Its LO fault not tyson tan fault.
2.Chad achieves chadscension by hard work not luck

That parrot sucks big nigger dicks, even the hummingbirds look more professional.

freetards can't into design

>Szurubooru is an image board engine inspired by services such as Danbooru, Gelbooru and Moebooru. Its name has its roots in Polish language and has onomatopeic meaning of scraping or scrubbing. It is pronounced as shoorubooru.

They probably realized their mascots were NSFW-tier...or more likely, they could not even be bothered to create a decent webpage themselves.

你等个十年想等出来嘛呀?你看看ReactOS,到现在还哪儿也不是哪儿。

Fuck them. Spam this to everyone you can think of.

>They probably realized their mascots were NSFW-tier...or more likely, they could not even be bothered to create a decent webpage themselves.
There's been an off-site discussion where some other designer suggested that it's wrong to have an "it fits/it doesn't" vote, and instead people should be able to give more detailed evaluation and leave feedback. Booru is just a half-assed replacement for an old survey, which was even worse.

>so end up in the curry too

freetards cannot into sensible voting solutions

What in the absolute fuck are these mascots?

I don't really give a fuck anymore, I'll just modify my copy to use Tyson's shit. Fuck those niggers for not using the proper winner.

ecks dee

>professional

First libbie is not pedobait because its not loli.
Second problem is fact other "mascots" are alot less quality

hahahahahahahhaha
drive.google.com/file/d/1ujZbCMk29HP6iPSirbI22Ao-a67qIuq_/view?usp=sharing

I'd vote for the spazztic penguin on the left

It's not too bad but it looks like an icon for a generic late 90s mozilla product

Oh, but the comment is really funny though

I really don't get why people don't want a mascot to be cute. A lot of software mascots are some cute animal, or just a cute-ish looking thingy in case of Java.

streamable.com/t2rmn

i'm not even a furry, but she is pretty

am i a furry?

You need fap this before become a furry.

i'll rub one out if somebody has some material regarding this mascot

i haven't fapped in three months

>I'll never know why
because it violates licensing on the original logo.
that restrictive license is why they're replacing the logo in the first place, and why new proposals all had to be CC0

the one-eye-closed makes it seem like she's handicapped

Dats ableist

You're a mentally defective degenerate

So they accepted stolen and recollored clipart penguin

They vetted very thoroughly and checked every submission pls understand

I admit I'm upset over Libbie losing this contest, but it's not the fact that they didn't win. It's just how non-transparent and poorly organized the contest was, this gives an impression that it was unfair or fake even, shitting on those very few people who took this contest seriously. It just enforces the harmful "FLOSS or Linux is for autists only" stereotype, not to mention that we might get stuck with only laughable pajeet recolors representing libre software in the near future.

How do you vote on this thing?

honestly better than most of the shit that was in the contest. He should get over it though, what a sperg

He wants that laptop tho

>Google image search "Rockhopper penguin", click on "clip art" and pic related is a first result.
>They vetted very thoroughly and checked every submission pls understand

Not a single acceptable mascot is left.
I want to hurt them as much as they hurt me with their disgusting incompitence.

pls understand

also wait until the stupid penguin wins and they actually push a release with it before you chimp out with the clipart, nerd

LO designer, is that you?

He clearly wanted the cute octopus.
We will give him the penguin.

fuck off with this pajeet trash,,,, i want LIBBIE

same

Add four and you have the culprit.

They will obviously call the whole thing off now since the votes are too skewed and comments are filled with reviews from people like Adolf Hitler and Bigga Nigga.

Then they'll just choose whatever they wanted to in the first place and claim victimhood at the same time.

Obviously, but chimping out will only give further legitimacy to the victimhood.

>4ga/g/ fighting for octo
I don't get it. I'm pretty sure we're not cohesively fighting for any one mascot to win. We're just laughing at this shitshow.