What's the deal here? Why do right angles disrupt the flow of electricity so much?

Been reading reviews and it seems every right angle coax reduces internet connectivity by up to 50%

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-domain_reflectometer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't drive full speed when making a turn, right? You slow down first. Same thing here.

I don't drive full speed when going through loop-de-loops either but yet it doesn't do a thing to the connectivity.

That's not true at all with the proper impedance and insulation. Buying cheap RF components for DOCSIS is not a good idea. Wireless is not as simple as you think.. Who would have fucking thought?

Hey Sup Forums, my throughput has been a little lagging lately, could this be the culprit? I had it installed by a professional, but he finished the work in a quarter the time and only charged half of the original estimate

Not an electrical engineer, but it's probably just the signal interfering with itself. Coaxials are pretty simple, just a single wire with no ways of boosting integrity. It wouldn't matter if all you cared about was the amount of electrons flowing, but if you care about the order in which they get to the end point, there might be some minor variance.

over bending the cables can mess them up afaik

Then where can I get a proper right angle coax adapter?

That Ethernet? Doubt it. Especially not if it's a recent problem.

why is your house made out of pallets?

Buy one that clearly supports the frequencies used by your ISP. It's not universal. Holy shit.

>Especially not if it's a recent problem
Thermal expansion of the stressed wire could cause an eventual fault.

It's probably because they're cheap China crap. Proper RF connectors will greatly reduce that problem, but you're not going to pay $25 for a brass 3.5mm part, are you?

Right angles do cause an impedance discontinuity, but your circuit boards also have 90 degree bends in vias that also change reference ground planes

Not saying it's impossible, but I have a little trouble believing that's what happened in an insulated, sterile area using only the Ethernet's flow's own heat. In any event, messing with it would be a last resort as that would definitely stress out the wires.

Let's say I did want to pay it, where can I get one. Because all I can find are these shitty ones that sell in packs of 5 for pennies and ones that sell in larger packs for a little more per unit.

You can check mouser or digikey for name brand parts. Amphenol makes good quality RF connectors.

Still, each connector you use in your RF signal degrades the signal quality due to reflections caused by impedance discontinuities inherent in connectors. Why can't you just bend your cable?

why do right angle roads disrupt the flow of traffic so much?
Do you think your car is any different from an electron?

>Code mon-kys try to describe engineering

Sage if you must respond to this bait.

sharp creases are terrible for any wire, especially ones carrying high speed signals. They cause the metal and the plastic to weaken, and will introduce EMI, and in the case of coax will severely weaken the signal as bends cause the center lead to come closer to the neutral shielding.
That's one reason conduit always has VERY gradual turns.

yes
america duh

>wrap the Ethernet cable in a coil
>internet speed decreased 10 times

that's only true under very limited circumstances that have nothing to do with coax

You see, electricity flow is more like the piccolo's beam than anything else.
The ray in the middle is the electric current in the wire, and the spiral is the magnetism generated by the electric current.
And as the electricity is able to interact with the magnetic field, the magnetic field can interact back with the electricity.
And when you wrap around wires and shit, the spirals get all tangled up and influence each other etc..

gj mr picollo

Because the market is flooded with utter shit right angle adapters. If you buy one that's actually adequate they make no difference.

I dont think it does

Coax cable is designed to have a specific inductance, the core is a specific distance from the outer conductor. When you bend it past a certain angle like that, in pinches the insulator and changes the distance between conductors, changing the impedance and fucking your shit all up. Fix it yourself then sue the contractor in small claims court to get your money back.

user that picture is ancient.

10/10 explanation

The stupid it hurts. It has nothing to do with signal. The only reason conduit has gradual angle is to help PULL the cables through it when installing / replacing wires.

Try pulling a single cat45 cable through a 1" PVC sprinkler line with hard 90 degree connectors. Bet you can't.

ReflectionsnoitcelfeR

electrons dont move fast tho

fuck odd cunt the analogy was shit

So should I just put a magnet in my router??

Yes

A REAL big one. Try searching for an MRI machine on Ebay and see if you can salvage anything.

Higher impedance and signal reflections which causes cancellation depending on the angle.

If the source and load impedances were matched before the right angle connector was added they probably aren't now. You need to add impedace somewhere along the line to match them which will minimize reflections. A vector network analyzer or time domain reflectometer will be helpful for this.

Works for me senpai

>Bet you can't.

Fuck I wish there was some way to actually get a bet on this because I definitely can but I'm not going out to buy a sprinkler liner just to show how.

imagine it being like that one fag on voice chat using a desk mike and loudspeakers, and every time he keys up it's blasting you with broken snippets of shit people already said a couple seconds ago.

interesting reading: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-domain_reflectometer

>I don't drive full speed when going through loop-de-loops either
nigga you should, otherwise you might not make it

this is hilarious

>Burgers STILL have fucking coax in their houses

When are you fat fucks going to ditch this ancient shithouse wiring and get fibre to your modem?

nice shitpost

Pic related, my first world internet connection.

this was my internet speed using one of those.
was paying for 60/10

It's not our fault, it's up to the ISP. Most ISPs don't bother laying fiber down across the country because people have watched TV over a coax infrastructure for years as it is, so the home connections and outlets are already there still (even if the person has switched to satellite), and most people in the US don't upload anything more than photos and small, compressed instagram videos or something, so they are perfectly happy with 60 down/10 up or 25down/5up, etc.

They just don't see the need, which sucks ass. I would love for my home server to finally be able to utilize the upload bandwidth of a fiber connection.