This kills the OLED shill

This kills the OLED shill
youtube.com/watch?v=ld1RqqFMZWo
avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2804065-master-oled-image-retention-burn-thread-photos-47.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGMvO3ZdPX4
rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are there so many blatant, legit paid-advertisement shills on Sup Forums? Do the mods just not care?

Burn in is only an issue for regards who leave their screen at 100% brightness for extended periods of time.

>meanwhile Linus Tech Tips threads daily
>b-but muh korean advertising

nice try gooksung
I played Persona 5 on my OLED TV for pretty much 20 hours straight last weekend and experienced no burn in or image retention.

If mods cared they would ban Mozilla pajeets

In less than 3 years you'll be buying another TV because it's short lifespan
Good goy

oled is a fucking joke of a technology and I hope the meme ends faster than curved TVs. BASED QLED and Bright as fuck top end LCDs

Not really sure why Samsung would make this ad when their phones and tablets use OLED technology

youtube.com/watch?v=tGMvO3ZdPX4
rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled

Because the market for phones is people with even lower IQ than those who buy TVs

because a 5 inch phone screen is the same as a 65 inch tv...

The navigation bar, connection bar and time are always displayed on the screen when its fired on, and most people are on their phones for hours and hours a day. And with the screen being smaller and it being something you look at far more often, burn in is more noticeable.

Fuck, look at the Pixel 2 XL's problems.

because the underlying technology is the same. Especially true for phones where you often have static items permanently visible under normal use (navigation buttons, notification bar).

>muh brightness
Enjoy burning your eyes out. TV viewing should be done in a dark room at 100 nits. All this meme about muh 2000 nit HDR meme is retarded.

why can't IPS panels have more uniform back lighting? It's ridiculous that even on $600+ monitors they have unacceptable black uniformity

t. poor NEET watching cartoons on his 2004 thrift shop Dell monitors

>why can't IPS panels have more uniform back lighting
if what I read is correct it's due to the nature of how crystals form the image when they receive current
They are aligned in a way which they can't show true black
There are $20.000 professional IPS monitors that don't have this issue though

I have a IPS monitor from LG I bought back in late 2013
sometimes I travel during the weekend and I forgot to turn it off (and I don't have any sleep/dim feature on my PC) and 2 days later the image is still clear, no burn-in, no problems.

IPS and VA are the only acceptable panels. Maybe in 10 years we will have other good technology

brightness is indeed a meme. but hdr is not.

Reason I went with VA right there

old VA panels have horrible response time even if you are simply typing an email you can see ghosting
Some VA panels are really good though you just have to test or read reviews before

Mods are paid off by Soros

>Some VA panels are really good
one of those is iyama prolite xb2483hsu

>buying any type of memescreen with a prefix of any kind.
led or nothin, ips 4 lyfe (tn if you have cuck glare or battery issues)

Go to any phone stores and look how many phones have burn in from the onscreen buttons.

inb4 you get banned for calling them out for their bullshit

This looks too much like pamperchu for my comfort levels

delet this

LG OLED owner here. Never experienced burn in/image retention. A simple overnight cycle clears anything that might get stuck. Anyone playing one game for 12 hours straight with a solid hud is a moron.

Know the limitations of the technology. Don't abuse your kit. I use my OLED for a variety of things including gaming. Image retention is nothing and can be fixed with a power cycle.

That's all well and fine if you don't use your display for more than a few minutes. If you are gaming for several hours and your game just so happens to have a solid HUD you are screwed. Game developers really need to start giving the option to have semi-transparent HUD's.

>windows 7

>get dildo'd
>it's ok i don't mind it

No. I knew the risks going in since I also have a plasma TV. I am not a hardcore gamer or movie watcher. I use my TV for a variety of things. If on a news channel I am careful to not stay there for too long or leave it unnattended. I baby my TV sure and most people should not expect to do so. But I am a technology lover as well as a perfectionist so PQ matters more to me. Staying informed is the best way to make sure you don't get 'burned'.

Different parts of the company

ah you're talking about tv
so wouldn't oled pc be bad even for browsing Sup Forums?

LCD works by letting light bleed through, you'll never have true blacks short of just turning the backlight off

isn't that every normie?

not even gaming, you have a taskbar, your browser has a title bar and menus and shit.
even if you hide your taskbar, which will often leve a few pixels exposed, and only browse full screen, you still have a scroll bar on the side that will burn in. there is no way to avoid this wtih these pleb shit screens.'
captcha is literally farmville, same pleb monitors for the same pleb facebook audience.

huh, well couldnt they have a second black only screen behind the real color ips screen that is used only for black colors and when it sactivated only those pixels will be blocked from the backlight?
doesnt even have to be fancy, any liquid eink will do if it blocks the light

>using oled as pc monitor
You have to be retarded to do it

Huh, I guess thie would increasethe cost near to the double, right? It would be another lcd and anothe control for it, and also less bright.

QLED isn't even LED. Fuck off Samsung you're not tricking anyone

va is godly, all other display technologies should just be deprecated already

enjoy wearing glasses at 35 :^)

>cadmium laced tv

Oled still has the best picture available

>va sony with direct backlight master race

>LG
>Displays
>Ever
No thanks.

i kind of like burn-in to a certain extent, meaning: it's the best technology possible, but you gotta take care of it

can't wait until all the normie faggots start getting burn-in on their iphones and start whining

fpbp

LG should have added a notch.

i loved the picture quality of the lg oled while I owned it, only problem was every single panel had a few dead red pixels, and one had some severe grey banding.

I got tired of unpacking and packing a 55" tv and costco put a lock on my account for too many returns on a high ticket item.

But if that tv didn't have any dead pixels I would have kept it and fucking loved it, even with ABL dimming and potential burn in. Once you go oled black, you never go back.

I'll be trying the oled lotto again when they make them in the 40-49" range.

why would it be double? I said use a shit eink display. it would be like $10 more in parts, how the fuck do you, get double you think cunt
these people are making new types of a fucking display, do you think its above them to create a chip that can handle rgbb with the second b being a black level for the second shit black only display while rgb is controlling the only quality panel

>eink
Enjoy your 10fps.