Spent over a 1000$ for a new build

Spent over a 1000$ for a new build
>8700k
>3200 16gb DDR4 ram
>1070 GTX
>Browsing feels the same, watching videos feels the same, everything feels the same as my 2600k only in games i get more FPS

Sort of regret i built a new PC

When you enter your late 20s videogames will stop feeling interesting or rewarding.

I'm 23, OP here by the way. Originally built this for the latest games. But it was just a sudden urge to build a new pc and get the latest, but now i don't give a fuck after a day.

you made a grave mistake OP. there is virtually no difference between the 2600k and any newer intel CPUs( as long as you OC the 2600k)

sorry for your loss

true, though.
i mine with what i built originally for gayming machine

Did you buy RAM just recently? I feel sorry for you.

You should feel sorry for yourself, who most likely makes 8$ an hour, i'm on a 29$ an hour rate here in Australia.

Popped 300$ on my ram.

>Only in games I get more FPS
What the fuck did you upgrade for if you didn't care about that? My phone is powerful enough to do web browsing and videos instantaneously,

This.

What made me enjoy gaming again was doing nofap.

>Not OCing your 2600k and watching it run circles around "modern" CPUs

Invest in a liquid cooling setup or a NH-D14 / NH-D15

On a serious note, i wanted it to play the latest games at ease, which it does now. But now i don't find it interesting after building my new "gaming" machine.

Could have spend the 1300 on a new rifle like a SMLE.

you cant go wrong with nu-doom / witcher 3

>i wanted it to play the latest games at ease
which games? Not many good games have come out recently imo to justify laying down a grand for rig upgrades.

You need to get a VR system to get back on the chase for more power.
90fps supersampled on 2 screens is still a struggle for most high end PCs. Every upgrade = gains and the ability to play higher fidelity games.

VR is kinda crap otherwise but you'll at least feel like the new gear is doing work.

I bought 3200 32GB kit for 120 bucks before the surge. Stay jelly.

I just paid AUD$349 for 16GB 3200 CL14

that's completely not true at all.

what happens is the braindead FPS game is completely uninteresting or rewarding, but i have been going back to old strategy games like HoMM3 and MoM2 and they are still interesting as shit.

Unsurprisingly all the videos of those games on youtube are played by oldies.

You should’ve just bought a GTX 1080 ti, OP. You’d probably get better performance than you are right now.
On the bright side, you have a future proofed nice build, though.

Same, I turned 22 last month, and I bought an all new computer, spend way more than I should have for "muh gaymes". But I barely play them anymore.
What's it matter that I get 60fps or 150fps anyway.

>own a G3258
>overclock the shit out of it
>GTX670
>"fuck man it's great what a 30 burger chip can do"
>feel happy to play games and overall happy about the general performance
>building the pc was a blast

>buy later on a 4790k
>and a gtx1070
>don't even do anything useful anymore
>lose all interest in the pc

what the fuck is this and how can i revert this feeling

Yeah op, I'm 25 now. Spent 700 on 1070ti. I sort of regret it for not going for 1060 at 350. Both can sort most games out at 1080p high to ultra. Then again I only pay pubg with my friends and I see the difference between 660 and 1070ti

Meh. Depends on the game. FPS definitely don’t do it for me anymore. But I still enjoy racing games, even rock band drums on pro expert, but the hardware definitely costs more.

Wow. Don’t break your neck kissing your own ass.

Don't fall over a crack in the floorboards, poorfag.

The only circumstance you should buy the 8700k is when buying the 1080 Ti, or maybe if you want autist tier ultra high frame rates on average graphic and resolution settings on mid-high end graphics cards.

Might as well have buy a 1600 and spend the extra money saved on getting a 1080 or 1080Ti.

pic related

at least you got those trips

>bought 1060 to upgrade 750ti
>still have shitty i3 6100
>get bottlenecked + losing interest in gayming
>go back to linux on t420

gg

Wrong, I still get the same amounts of joy I had back in 00's when playing AoE2
This game literally never grows old, brainlet games whose main focus is graphics more than gameplay is why gayymers get depressed
But thats just natural selection

really? im 42 and its hasnt.

I’m not that other guy, and I don’t know how many hours you work, but 40/hrs a week and you’re only 44k usd annually, so I make three times that. What don’t you suck my nuts.

this. except for when you have too much estrogen and not enough test. (scientific term: soyboy)
then videogames are still fun well into your late 30s

calling people poorfag whilst having a potato

I'm an estrogen overdosed soyboy and I don't like games anymore.
What now?

True, holy shit, i had so much hate for even mentioning that in Reddit/gaming

means the teenager who posted it knows jack shit.

Sell it before the drop this 2019

I agree. The only exception are deeper or more strategic games, after a long productive week of work.

For instance, I have a routine on Sunday morning when all the plebs are watching football. I get all my housework / laundry done first thing, and then play some Civ VI / Total Warhammer for a few hours knowing my shit is all together for the week.

DESU its the best video game experience there is. Going back to COD / Halo / Quake twitch fests with bratty 13 yo's is for the birds. Never going back man, ever.

16gb DDR4 ram
Fuck that ram must've been a big chunk of the price, fuck ram prices right now

Amen brother. I've never tried HoMM3 but I probably should. Civlization is still the gold standard for me, but recently I thought Total Warhammer II was the cats ass. Stellaris is pretty good, although I hate the AI cheating and the war aims mechanics.

Lel, what made me grow out of gaymes is nofap

>He fell for the meme

I almost fell for the gaymin meme but got a latitude and a switch (to ease the itch) instead.
Don't regret a single minute of my choice because the switch has great titles for short-term gaming sessions and the only things that interes me in PC gaming are indie titles that can basically run on anything (besides I never liked anything multiplayer and the last decade or so it's been nothing but cancer) ...

Earlier for me. I only get enjoyment if my "friends" (discord) are playing too.

It's better to spend your money on hookers and blow, user

I still play RTS/simulation games from late 90's to early 2000s, good times.

At least for me it's not how it went:
>Play games all the time during high-school, Never really know what i wanted in life
>"Stop wasting you time, you should be studying"
>Still get high grades, always was a bit of a nerd
>"Well, without games you would do even better, stop being lazy"
>Go to college, still play games all the time
>"Now you will see what we meant! College is much harder, you will have to drop your games"
>It's harder indeed, still player a lot though
>By the end of college
>"See?! You wasted all that time and now you don't know what to do after you are graduated!"
>Do a few internship interview on the last year fora job in the college, shit isn't easy
>last interview: Audio Production for games
>talk for hours about old-school games, tell my favorite ones, argue over Snes vs Genesis, "SOTN has some badass music" etc.
>Hired on spot
>Professor: "user, you have tons of good game refferences, do you want to help me writing a scientific article?"
>Undergraduated and getting published along with two doctors, feels_good.FLAC
>Gradute with highest grade, everyone loved my paper on game audio
>Professor: "user, you have what it takes, you should pursue an academic degree and keep writing and researching on game audio"
>I'm finally finding my path
>Today, master's degree, people see me playing all night and can't tell if i'm studying or just having fun

It's both.

should have got ryzen lol

Turn down foliage you fool

Honestly happy for you man, it just makes me happy to hear people who are happy with their lives

How much do you get paid if you don't mind me asking?

should have gotten a PS4

PC gaymen is a shitty meme

idk man im 28 and i enjoyed playing witcher 3.

Happened to me around 25/26. Rocket League pulled me back in

>I'm 29 now

Witcher 3 came out like three years ago

I felt that at 19.

I'm 26 now and I still play games because I have nothing else to do besides work and work out.

>im 22 and this is deep
You just start enjoying different games, m8.

t. 33 year old

>thinking specs effect windows performance

I bet you believe a MacBook can browse Facebook faster

I still come up with ideas, strategies, and various facts thanks to all the games I played. Plus my prediction accuracy is higher than most people my age.

I'll keep playing till I die. Shit does good stuff for the mind, I tell ya hwat.

Gotta play games that challenge you with new stuff. I found new fun in JRPGs tuned for high difficulty.