/spg/ Smartphone General

Reminder to US annons. You may be living next to a new $75 Moto G5+. Check your zip code an the SKU 468426732

brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Other urls found in this thread:

androidheadlines.com/2017/05/meizu-will-start-rolling-global-flyme-6-update-july.html
technave.com/gadget/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-coming-soon-Retail-page-spotted-on-JD-com-11191.html
alza.co.uk/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-lte-32gb-gray?dq=4789282&
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11
androidpolice.com/2017/11/14/oneplus-left-backdoor-devices-capable-root-access/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How about that LG V30?

i love back buttons

this, but unironically.

do you also like fingerprints on your camera lens?

i never take pictures
i had an lg g4 that bootlooped but i loved it senpai

Did I do alright?

Value wise it's insane, about half the price of the s8 or almost a third the price of the V30 here

>tfw my lg g3 blue screened yesterday
I squeezed my phone together and it managed to turn on, but the moment I relaxed my grip, it turned off. I plugged it it and it magically started charging, so my phone is a a state of working but broken :(

ZTE Axon 8 when?

>mediakek processor.
I don't want to say you fucked up, but..

>mediatek

enjoy

What phone has the absolute cleanest snappiest performance that will hold up over time? iOS or android.

also good battery life is a plus

This will be my first mediatek phone. What's wrong with mediatek?

Android.

IOS doesn't feel snappy at all because of the stupid long animations and the battery life is abysmal.

Just bought an iPhone 7 Plus, but not so sure I wanna keep it. It’s larger and heavier than I thought.

>cleanest snappiest performance that will hold up over time
I don't think any of the newer phones with a SD835 will become slow anytime soon, especially with the SD820 still being blazing fast. With Iphones, the 6s is still a very fast phone.

Just tried out my Nexus 5 a few days ago and it felt really snappy and fast.

Granted it's stock Android but still, it's aged incredibly well.

>Mi5s keeps shutting down and red LED for 15m before being able to boot again
Anyone knows what's up with that and how to fix it?
Google didn't do shit.

They rarely release their source code, so there is little to no custom roms for mediatek phones, this means you are reliant on Meizu putting out updates for your phone (which they will likely only provide fro 2 years).
Also their GPU's aren't anywhere near as good as Qualcomms.

Any review on Nokia 7? How was it?

delete this
have you used it yet? what is the return policy? wait a few more days before you decide. I personally would not want a phone without a heaphone jack.

Meizu seem to be pretty good with updates.

androidheadlines.com/2017/05/meizu-will-start-rolling-global-flyme-6-update-july.html

Thanks, solid advice. Don’t have to return it until January 15th.

technave.com/gadget/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-coming-soon-Retail-page-spotted-on-JD-com-11191.html

But will it be good, though?

LG V30 in EU when?

If they remove a 3.5mm port from even the Redmi phones I'm going to start looking for a new brand...

I'd buy a mediatek phone if it meant keeping an audio port free, mostly because I also know Mediatek has gotten much better lately.

Today or tomorrow for Italy. I'm already in a waiting list for the V30+: a carrier sells it for 600€.

This, just realized that the 7 had almost all the stuff I wanted, except not being kinda ugly.
If the Redmeme Note 5 Pro/X doesn't beat the 3in performance (with a 660) then I'll probably get the axon when is one year old.

I guess it's a consolation for not entering the World Cup.

Lg V20.

>300$, 16MP camera, removable battery, great sound.

>Poor battery, second screen that succs even moar battery, little to no updates.

Worth it?

>mfw I can't care less about football
>mfw I'm actually happy about Italy not entering the World Cup so the media and average people won't keep talking about it even more obsessively for months
>mfw the V30 is the closest thing to my endgame in the current market and I'll have it for an actually reasonable price

Nah, get the g5 cause it's got lineage support and should be cheaper. They're almost the same phone except for the slightly better camera and the screen gimmick.

Yes. You can replace the battery so the poor battery life is forgiven

S8.

if I drop the cash will I regret?

My nexus 5 has just hit 4 years old. Looking at getting a oneplus 5t when they come out next week, any reason not to? Looking for at least similar performance to n5 with a better battery and 3.5mm. Any other recommendations?

Since my LG G3 is on the fritz I'm back to using my Samsung Galaxy Mini (2011)
It's pretty funny that this phone is still snappy after all this time. The youtube app (version 1.2, so no ads lol) still works and is funnily faster than that on my G3, but it always displays in the search results a video saying my youtube app is too old and i need to upgrade.

does anyone have the new blackberry im thinking of getting one how is the battery life/ screen on time with constant 4g

Had my redmi note 5a prime for a few weeks now and I still can't believe this thing was £150 from a local seller, not even from China.

Its perfect for me, I can't see a single thing wrong with it, aside from the tedious miui debloating that's needed when you get it.

yes that you didn't get the s8+

>5.5 inch 720p screen
>Snapdragon 430
I mean, if you're happy with it then good for you, but you could have done better for that price...

Bootloops

Congratulations, you know a meme.
All your bootloops are belong to us.
It's time to bootloop.
Come with me if you want to bootloop.

It happened to meSo that's a thing you have to keep in the back of your mind while buying a LG phone.

Thanks, I’ll just get the g5 because it’s $250 on Walmart’s website and I have a $200 in Walmart cash.

All I want is to be able to root and custom ROM my phone. I bought a ZTE Blade Z Max a while back, it's actually been just fine, but no root anytime soon. Is the ol' Note still the best option for powerusers?

>£150
you could have got a Redmi Note 4 for that, with SD625 and 1080p

alza.co.uk/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-lte-32gb-gray?dq=4789282&

The 7 Plus has pretty good battery

I've been a slave to shit oem skins for so long. Not buying anything without stock android anymore

>inb4 touchjizz is great lmao

Okay guys, I am looking for a new phone.
Currently I have an Umi super. It's alright and I would like to upgrade from that.
I am looking for:
>a phone with snapdragon processor,
>4 GB of ram(I could settle with 3 but whatever),
>headphone jack,
>usb C,
>sd cards support.
That are the most important things.
Less important but nice to have:
>dual camera
>fingerprint sensor
>being bezelles or resemblin an iphone like mi a1/mi 5x (i'm nit a fag, I just like thr looks, don't bully me),
>around 4000mAh battery, could be less
Oh, amd I would like to pay no more than 200usd, or a bit higher. Any recommendations?
I'm considering
> Xiaomeme mi a1/mi 5x since I had a redmi note 2 and i loved it,
> Vernee Mix 2

I want a phone with the SD 636, what are the odds Redmi note 5 will have it?

Mi A1 has a 3,000 mah battery, but I would still take it over the Note because stock Android.

Consider Mi Max 2. A1 is known for its hissing issue.

Please, please Sup Forumsods smile upon me and give me a good phone recommendation!

I had Xperia but it got wet and died

Looking to buy a new phone mostly for business and surfing and taking notes (never games; rarely camera), should be:

--- Well built/sturdy AND waterproof
--- as close as Stock Android as possible
--- I prefer larger screens
--- I don't care about bezels or bezelless
--- will never play gaymes, but no lag is nice
--- should have NO bloatware or chinkware

I'm also partially open to the idea of an iPhone but I have a kind of anti-Apple antipathy however I'm not dogmatic about it

What would you recommend??

A few I am considering:

- HTC U11 Life (Android One version)
- HTC U11+ (I like this but when can I buy it? When does it come?)
- Google Pixel 2 XL (worried about the screen issues and the price is a bit much)
- Sony Xperia XZ1 (love its design, I like square shape, but it has some bloat which I don't like)

I considered Xiaomi A1 but dropped because of no waterproof. And dropped Moto X cause I really dislike its design.

Thoughts? How does my list look, would you add or subtract anything from it?

I'm basically looking for the same things, but with less budget limitation, and Verizon only. Far as I understand it, this basically limits my choices to Samsung or LG.

Or I could suck it up and get the Pixel 2 and lose expandable storage. Seeking opinions.

I don't want a huge screen. 5.5 is sufficient for me since i am not a manlet but i don't need anything bigger, cuz I don't watch movies on my phone.
Is there a difference between mi 5x and a1? Can't I just buy cheaper 5x and flash Andros one present on mi a1 since they've got similar specs?
What about other producers like dogee, blueboo or whatever?

Literally Xperia XZ1 compact

The smoothest performance ever on an shitdroud

>Xperia XZ1 compact
Because of the 835 coupled with a 720p display?

>
>The 7 Plus has pretty good battery

You realize that based on the actual question, how vague your answer is? Did you mean Apple shit? Meizu? Think about how the absence of just a letter of word makes.

You could be referring to a 2900mAh battery from the land of aids, of a 3,500mAh one partially filled with gutter oil. Was your 7 Plus reference to one of these?

Hi guys. I need your help for choosing a very specific smartphone.

I want to buy a smartphone that is dedicated exclusively to being my emulation hub for my favourite GBC, GBA and DS games.

I was told that almost any modern day smartphone can emulate GBC and GBA games with ease, but that for emulating DS games I would need a certain spec requirement.

The thing is I could only spend up to 240 euros maximum.

So what smartphone in that price range would emulate DS games the best? As smoothly as a real NDS? Please recommend me the best smartphone people!
What processor should I look for? What GPU? What specs?

Thank you. (also please remember I will only use said smartphone for DS games, so I dont care for stuff like camera and other specs non related to gaming).

Basically. Otherwise phones like the S8/Pixel 2/HTC U11 have more finely tuned processors or have done better on benchmarks slightly.

I need a phone better than my nexus 4. Im in Canada looking for decent battery and camera under $250 or so

I got a Galaxy S6 which is almost 3 years old and it plays DS games on DraStic just fine. So aim for mid range phones made within the last 2 years or a old flagship

Besides the size and weight, how're you liking it? Thinking about picking up a 7+ since the price dropped.

Wait for Redmi Note 5

DS emulation isn't that demanding, something like a SD625 will be more than enough. I'd recommend Mi Max 2, the big screen is great for DS

The XZ1 Compact is currently $500 usd at Best Buy. Think it'll go even lower for Black Friday?

Taking a gamble on the razer phone.

I love that sony-esque design

You guys think it will be shit? Gf gave me a 500$ amazon card so essentially getting it for 200

But what processor should be the best option?

625 or 630 or 660?

Or an older SD 820?

Which would overheat the least? Which would be the most battery friendly?

Ok I will see if I can get it.

And what do you think of the Redmi Note 5 that will release soon?

Also, I have no experience with Chinese smartphones. Are they easy to configurate? Would they have Google Play pre install so I can download the DS emulator easily?

>Nexus 5x bootloops
>Buy Pixel 2 to avoid Pixel XL screen issues
>This is what I get

Should Google go back to HTC for the Pixel 3? And include a head phone jack?

why everyone ignores me :(

Literally not an issue
Even major manufacturers like Samsung don't provide more than two years of updates
Plus after two years you'd be buying a new phone anyway

they're not putting the headphone jack back. it's gone

Because youre a faggot

I'm about getting used to the size.
Display is bright and good. I prefer this display over the over-saturated display of S7 Edge.
Good stereo loudspeakers. Music sounds nice.
Great battery life. And it's beautiful.

SD 820 for high power + high heat, SD 625 for mid power + low heat/very battery-efficient, the others are somewhere in between.

If you get a Global ROM from xiaomi, then it comes with Google Play pre-installed.

You should check out Xiaomi in your country, I heard they just opened their first store there.

Can't help you with the other questions since I don't play games on my phone, sorry

S8/S8+ coz why not if you can live with Touchwizz.

LG V30 is also quite nice but heavily skinned.

is the Leeco s3 626 a good bargain for 110?

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11

how long does your guys phones last for a day? also what battery size (mAh) do you have?

Ok thank you. So if a SD 625 is already powerful enough for the purpose (DS emulating) I am better off with a SD 625 rather than 630, 660 or 820, because the latter 3 would heat up quicker?

Also, sorry for my ignorance but idk what is a Global ROM?

Living the neetlife so on the phone all the time and get a whole day usually if I'm not downloading shit

ZTE Blade V8 Pro w/SD625

Are you retarded? Reduce motion is a thing.

I'm just here to say that Samsung A3 2017 is the best budget phone Samsung created in years

I've been on the line between Huawei P10lite and MotoG5+ and in the end I bought the Samsung A3. It was 200 euros (though I bought the illegal imported one since my country is a shithole) and so far this is the best smartphone I've held in my hands

It's waterproof IP68, the build quality is supreme for budget phones, metal and gorilla glass . The specs are ok I guess and the camera is fine for my needs, nothing special. The screen is slightly curved, but not like S7/S8, it's just there to give the feel of S-experience. If you want a bigger one (since A3 is 4.7inch) you can get A%, but I've always liked phones that can snugly fit in my hand. All that for 200$ brand new with 2 year guarantee . And you won't get Super AMOLED for that price with any other brand
I've been especially surprised with the OS, since on my last Samsung I booted Cyanogen because their OS was shit. But the Samsung version of Android 7.0 is a huge improvement on what was before. All the settings and shit I had to root to get are there
I didn't like the speaker placement since it's on the side and my big fingers always cover it, the battery life could have been bigger (~2500-3000mA) or they could have made battery replaceable, but I guess you have to sacrifice something to get waterproofing

Trust me on this one guys, for 200 euros you won't get a better phone than A3 in terms of build quality

iOS nigga, it's not even a competition. NOBODY on this board is using a 2013 Android, whilst tons are still on an iPhone 5S.

What do you think of the LeEco Pro3 Elite?
It's $40-$50 more for a SD820.

No, the reason why people are still on 5S is because they're broke nogs who can't afford a new one or they have shit credit and can't get one through a post paid service

how long do you think galaxy S8 will be a decent and usable phone?
I've just bought it and I'm wondering if getting two mid range phones during the period of time I'm planning to use the S8 wouldn't be a better option

Probably about a year or a year and a half
For the price of an S8 you could have 3 Xiaomi A1's

>Galaxy S6
But what if he wants to unplug the charger sometimes? Like to go to the shitter

>trade in my Nexus 5x to Google for pixel 2
> expect a maximum of $110 on trade in value because they said so
> my phone is in perfect condition so I know I'll get it
> finally get the trade in results
> they marked it as "incorrectly reported phone model" and changed it to " pixel XL"
> receive $400 credit instead of $110

Lmfao I'll take it

Reposting from last thread since no replies

Would going from a Nexus 6 to an iPhone SE be an upgrade? I'm not exactly familiar with smartphone specs. I'm considering the SE because I'm starting to dislike the bulkiness and size of the 6.

>going from Android to iOS
>upgrade
(You) got no replies because it's shit b8, try better next time

The Elite version is shit

One more questions about emulating DS games on DraStic:

Would a smartphone or a tablet be better for the purpose? Which would last more years before I need a replacement?

(again, in the 200 - 250 euros)

I liked the sound of the 16mp front camera for Skype(and it is pretty good) , but i suppose the 4x would have been a better deal overall.

Still, I needed a phone in a hurry and just picked the first one i saw that looked decent with next day delivery.

Global ROM is like the ROM intended for the rest of the world. Since Xiaomi is a Chinese company, they also have phones with Chinese ROMs, those have pre-installed apps intended for the Chinese users.

Moto E4
Blackberry Key 1
HTC U11
Samsung J3
Samsung J7
LG G5
LG Tribute HD
LG Stylo 3
LG V20
LG X Charge
ZTE Max XL
Essential Phone

What does Sup Forums think of these? Trying to decide on a new phone

Best phone with a non meme 16:9 over 6 inch screen?

androidpolice.com/2017/11/14/oneplus-left-backdoor-devices-capable-root-access/

Oneplus fags on suicide watch

Note 8