If there are no free meals, how come GNU/Linux is free?

If there are no free meals, how come GNU/Linux is free?

>If there are no free meals, how come USA is land of the free?

Free as in free speech, not as in free beer.

check your chair to see if it has a giant metal plate under your ass to protect you from this

most westernized chairs do, but africanized killer chairs don't

>If there are no free meals
>tfw have a farm house
>tfw get fruits and fishes LITERALLY for free
Stay cucked, burger cucks

fish don't grow on trees retard

Caveat is that you have to give up your social life and free time to learn how to fix shit and all it's gotchas.

>for free
>implying the property was free
>implying the water you pay for to water your crops is free
>implying paying for a fishing license is free

Most nodern societies don't require people to work more than 40h/week.
This means you can chose to do something else the rest of the time.
Some times, making free software is part of your job.
If your job requires you to use free software, you might be paid to maintain or improve those projects.

Well, protip, it isn't.

linux is like that chair

>implying the property was free
For me, yeah
>implying the water you pay for to water your crops is free
Doesn't cost a fortune, but technically you are right
>implying paying for a fishing license is free
>license
>for fucking catching fishes
lmao C U C K

>no free meals
Dirt and grass are free OP, if vegans consider that food then it's free OP

did he die?

air is free too, maybe is time to start paying for it user

but it IS free as in beer

>2017
>still thinking "free software" is a matter of price

Best advice on the whole board today

It's not free.

yes

>GNU/Linux
eating turd is not ok.

When people prefer the paid product you see there is something wrong with the free option.

lets get real for a moment. so yeah linux is "free" but you install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

GNU/Linux is not a meal.

What's with the pic.. are you fucking psychopathic? Like Wtf is wrong with you. Also I had more free meals I my life than I could count with all my fingers

Android is better than Windows phone. It has apps you fucking faggot. It's the other way around on phone land. Linux desktop has no fucking apps or games. Android is also easy to use. You always need a terminal in linux

did this really happen to a chink or was fake news?

Fuck I can feel his pain from miles away...

Beer Ain't free. The forks of libre software and freedoms gotta be litterd with the time of it's Users. Steve THIEVE jobs aka "S. J" is not my saviour. he is capitalist piggu and probably a jew as well :DD. GNU plus linux not gnu slash LINUX ok. Praise the GPL.

What the fuck happened on that chair

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

>Implying I'm not on a farm in the middle of Oklahoma right now

I think you mean Linux, user

Chink shopping.

linux is only free if your time is worthless. also never trust a chair

>phone
>it has apps
the state of millennials and gen-z. they need apps on a phone. lol

that bolt ... that one that's ontop of the presurized tube ... that one that you use to adjust the sitting height ... well ... it wasn't made too well and the pressure inside the tube won. so it shot upwards into the poor russki who was fapping violently. it's like getting shot right into the asshole. bye bye

english language is so stupid that they mix the word "free" with two different concepts. One from freedom and the other for "take as you want"

is that blood or shit on the ground?

t. colorblind user

I've paid hundreds of Dollars for free software and my company millions to Red Hat and other companies.

Yes

>t. faggot with no responsibilities or relationships

>itt: Linux is only free if your time is worthless meme
>Implying you can't buy machines with it pre-installed
>Implying you can't use it without being a ricer
>Implying Windows doesn't waste more time with updates than Linux

I've been a Linux user since 1994, I'm a normie divorced homeowner that doesn't work in any computer related field. I spend less time on maintaining my OS than any of the Windows or Mac users I know. I turn on my computer, login, and it just works. Because I don't use a rolling release distro (I run kubuntu) I only have to deal with software updates about once every two weeks, and they don't interfere with my usage or require me to drop everything to restart my computer.

Linux can be 100% gratis even if you do care about your free time and put a value on it. My computer never gets in the way of how I choose to spend my downtime when I'm not at work or out with friends, and not once did it hinder me in med school, where brutal deadlines made time management a vital survival skill. This myth of the "timesink OS" is thanks to autistic ricers that are a waste of space and a big part of what's holding Linux back from more mainstream adoption. You can easily purchase a machine with Ubuntu installed on it, spend about as much time as you would on Windows or MacOS doing the initial setup, and then just USE the damn thing. The incessant tinkering is not a necessity of the OS, but a facet... A facet that autists keep spinning to the fore so that the uninitiated will always consider it a "hobbyist OS". It doesn't HAVE to be a hobby. It can "just work".

The plural of fish is fish you fucking moron. Would it have killed you to go to school?

let's be honest
the free as in freedom practice is vastly inferior
see how closed source software has some professionals working to improve it, meanwhile free software is just updated by random people with too much free time and they don't even try their best because there's no incentive besides upvotes and since it's random people instead of a company everyone tries to make their own branch which leads to fragmentation so the few people supporting it get divided

/thread

>linuxes

>Implying the plural noun of fish isn't 'fishes'
He sounds like English isn't even his mother tongue and even then, he was right. What's your excuse?

>

I've been sitting in the same chair for ten years, thanks for making me paranoid as fuck about it now.

Further proof that Chinese stuff fucking blows.

others have paid the bill in your stead, either through their free time or own shekels

>When you get so anally rekt you die

I wonder what he was doing online the moment of impact...

Because English is a retarded normie-friendly language where one word has multiple and totally different meanings. People should learn Latin and start using it again for international communication, because it's simply much clearer and it requires at least half brain to be spoken and used correclty.
Examples of latin words in this case:
"Liber" = free as it comes from freedom
"Gratuitus" = free as it means that you don't have to pay for it

German and French both have dedicated words for the two concepts

>People should learn latin for international communication
I can smell how much you reek from here

Yes but they're much less complex, which means that their ability to convey different ideas or feelings is still limited compared to latin. Italian is the only modern language that comes close to Latin for what concerns the complexity of syntax and vocabulary. I can agree that also German vocabulary is well articulated.

Credo in quo dices, latina lingua loquenda est.

Same reason you can go read books at the library for free. It's just information, and it's best that everyone gets to absorb it.

I appreciate your effort, but there are some mistakes there. Your sentence is still comprehensible though.

Stallman is primarily an English speaker and uses the terms "libre" and "gratis" to differentiate. One, if not both, are considered loan words.

Yes, both of them are loanwords infact. "Libre" is a french loanword which means "free" from freedom, whereas "gratis" comes from latin "gratiis" (see the different spelling), which is a plural ablative noun that means "thanks to someone's favors" .

Sum hispani, latina cognoscibat sed illa fuit obliviscitur per me cum tempo transit

Free meals gives you calories
Software and computers don't
And this fpbp

Hola amigo!!

When people say free beer they mean like free at a party.