Hand held PC thread

Greetings Sup Forumsentoomen. I'm looking for a hand held to play PC games, but I don't see many options out there, any suggestions? I'm thinking of buying this incredible Japanese hand held, what does Sup Forums think?

youtube.com/watch?v=nudBNhvKFTE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-ynkgaR3ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=0ECmCChjnK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are none. We're all currently waiting for raven ridge 5W tdp mobile chips. The line starts at the back.

Really, really goofy trailer, but I do dig the design.

Failed scam device. Get the GPD Win or its upcoming successor instead.

Dragonbox Pyra

Doesn't that thing have a phone SoC from 2012 phones?

Also looks decent if you're mostly into emulation w/ FOSS. I remember wanting a Pandora back in the day and this looks like a good followup.

wait for the Nintendo switch to get hacked and then for Nintendo to stop giving it software update. Then you have god tier portable emulation device.

>nintendo genderswitch

Yeah, it's an older Cortex A15 as that thing's probably been in development for a while. However the Pyra's about longevity, not power. The Pandora still gets updates, and they're rolling with that model of continuing support. They'll also be selling parts for DIY repairs which is nice to know if something breaks.

Still good enough for basic computing and compiling small programs. I wouldn't say it replaces a full fledged laptop, let alone a desktop, but from what I remember of the OpenPandora, it will be good enough.

>A15
Dam, what is that like half as good as A53s right?
Can it even play 480p youtube videos?

Yeah, it's not THAT bad, I'm sure it'd handle 1080p video just fine too. Also they're touting that Pyra will have socketed chips, so you can upgrade later when better chips are made available.

Doubt it. How much does it cost anyway?

C
P
U P G R A D E A B L E

to what, a slightly faster A15 dual-core?

I can't speak autoritatively as to the technical limitations but it's designed with the CPU on it's own separate board so even isn't out of the question.

It's like $500 base model - $800 if you want cell phone and moar ram

>It's like $500 base model - $800 if you want cell phone and moar ram
wtf

Tiger R-zone is the close match

That thing is a scam, there has been not a single physical prototype and if you have at least a triple digit IQ you‘d realize that they don’t even have a working hinge on the renders. They didn’t even come up with an idea how to do the render for their scam. That’s how lazy this scam is.

Wait for the GPD Win 2

yes it's complete and utter garbage

GPD WIN 2 will be released next year. I wouldn't buy the first one since it's CPU is trash, so just wait for Win2.

That Japanese shit is a scam and overall a worse product than GPD.

desu a raven ridge GPD WIN 2 sounds awesome

A lot of you guys are posting scans and chinkshit. Why dont we talk about something that is actually good.
>8 hour battery
>ARM that is (mostly) FOSS
>cheap ($60)
>Good screen
>good community support
>can run IRC, cartoons, games, whatever
>cute af
Why don't you own a pocketCHIP user?

It's actually 350€ standard 4gb and 400€ with a baseband chip (4gb)

Also, there are no games outside some basic ones, so you dont have to be a retarded manchild.

330€ sorry

I agree but apparently it’s already in the prototype stage and they’re using an Intel m3 chip.

Not true. If you read rhe description, that's the pre-sale price, essentially a deposit. If you want the device you have to fork over another $300.

I know, I mostly posted it because the video is so funny.

That is just the downpayment.
The whole price is in the description that the page says you should read

I was wrong then should have read the entire thing.

LOL fuck that

this, I've been using "hd" graphics for the last century and it's always been dogshit. Fuck that, we need raven ridge stat.

not only that, the intelHD for the coreM series is fucking horrendous. Like we're talking going back to haswell tier IGPU power.
look at any hd 4400/4600 benchmarks on youtube and that's the performance we'll get

Still decent for one of the extremely small number of handheld Windows gaming PCs out there, and still certainly an upgrade from the first one.

the problem is that still performs similarly to a fucking tegra 4 on the GPU front. Inexcusable IMO

that's fucking hilarious.
better get a used galaxy s5 and install a custom firmware and get a controller with a dock

Intel graphics constantly overheat and thermal throttle. They're the apple of GPUs.

This
It's optimized OS also deliver the best visuals on the handheld market right now

But I do user
>extremely slow even for emulation
>garbage tier screen
>even worse keyboard, literally worse than a touchscreen
>no speaker
>adhd developers that are garbage at focusing one thing
>have I mentioned that the hardware is absolute garbage?
The keyboard gives you hand cramps if you use it longer than 10 minutes
The screen, 480x272 is too small for everything but the terminal.
the cpu is too slow for anything but terminal applications

Buy a N900 instead
Literally more useful

kek this shit is a scam
russian money laundry

youtube.com/watch?v=v-ynkgaR3ZY

It's literally weaker than the wii u from 2010 and constantly dips below 30 fps...

the pyra uses a soc daughterboard. ram cpu and all functions connect to a main board that houses the controllers, keyboard,screen,usb etc. So a new soc could be made from anything as long as they could make it work with the controllers on the main board.

*blocks your unoptimized port with 1080p/60FPS*

Anything. Newer ARM processors, MIPS, PowerPC, x86, they're all possibilities.

>get proven wrong
"oh no i cant move the goal post any further, better burn it right away"

-only 449€ for a tegra 2 upgrade!

i see it already.

The snail w3d is a great phone and game handheld. Having lte speeds and gamestreaming is pretty sweet.

The 3d screen and retarded lot up buttons didnt do anything for me, but the 4,000mAh battery and ips 1080p display is nothing to shake at.

Too bad you cant buy them anymore.

not him, go back to Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=0ECmCChjnK0

>hand held to play PC games
Don't. theres no PC that size that can play games properly. It's too small, doesnt cool well enough. Look into streaming instead, it's at least possible.

>GPD Win
Stop shilling. It's overpriced and cant even play actual PC games like OP wanted. It can only play stuff like rocket league at 30fps minimum settings.

Those horric specs makes $60 seem like a lot. The CPU, screen, keyboard, everything is awful. the CHIP was obsolete the day pi0 came out.

>PC games have only existed for the last few years

>Not him
user you STILL missed the point and got burned
Not OP btw

What point? That toxic Sup Forumsermin are spilling over to Sup Forums? Yeah I got that?

kill yourself

Thanks for the replies. GBD Win 2 looks like it could be pretty good depending on the price. I'll mostly use it for playing old games and the terminal .

>being this upset about having purchased a kids toy that turned out to be shit

I'd buy you a vanilla soy macchiato to cheer you up if I could.

kill yourself for posting tech illiterate misinformation on Sup Forums in the form of Sup Forums console wars and following it up with the lowest of low tier shitposting

If that were true then people would just buy CPU/GPU upgrades for their phones instead of an whole new device every two years. It's a phone, not a computer.