>Seagate
DOA
O
A

>Seagate
Either DOA or dead after 1TB.

>seagate
HAHAHA

>mfw some faggot's shilling a 12tb hdd instead of buying ssds like every sane person does.

Just kys poorfags.

what would I fill it with?
I'd rather spread the risk of the thing dying and not buy a single drive

I'll fill this with unimportant files because I know for a damn fact it will die after 3tb.

The human brain can only comprehend about 2 TB a year
Anything past is bonus

>seagate

Ordinary house bricks are far cheaper, and even more useful.

I only use laptop drives now. Very versatile as I can run them off 5V.

>seagate trash

kill yourself

>12TB

Too many platters, failure rate increases quickly.

>Seagate

>implying we dont
there are people here with dozens or hundreds of terabytes of storage.
Also this so fucking much. putting anything on a seagate that you wouldnt store in a ram disk without a ups is absolute madness.

Why is this shit company still existing?

12 rupees have been transferred to your account, Pajeet.

>seagate public relations officer #6969

I don't even have 1TB of storage anymore.
120GB ssd for my laptop
240GB ssd for my desktop(wish I haven't bought it)
300GB old notebook hdd put in external case for music(plug in when I copy music to my mp3 player or download some)

I need this so it pushes the prices of smaller drives down.

Fun fact, after 15 years of being into computers and probably 30 or more different total hard drives, Seagates are the ONLY ones which have ever died on me. Fuck that shitty company

Show bob pleas

data-let

> seagate

>Barracuda fail-rates are high meme
That's only true if you buy the white label or blue label (consumer-grade) Seagate drives. Those are trash and should be rejected at retail frankly. You can see pic related here to see how pathetic consumer-grade Seagates are.

Their Baracuda line are enterprise class They are actually built well and comparable with the other chinese-made HDD like Western Digital.

>implying i would keep 12tb on one drive.

>tfw running the same 1tb Seagate drive for nearly 6 years now
No fear.

>12TB Seagate
Would the write speed on that drive even be fast enough to fill it before the drive fails?

If the helium leaks out, the turbulence will destroy the platters and you will lose everything. Seagate doesn't quite deserve it's reputation on Sup Forums, but helium drives are a relatively unproven technology that I'm not willing to try out just yet.

I bought a 1TB Barracuda with a July 2017 manufacture date. Am I fucked or is this drive manufactured past the point where Seagate drives had 200% failure rate?

Seagate is shit but you have to remember this drive should ONLY be used as a dirty archival solution.

You transfer your 12TB of data to it and then never touch it again unless it's needed.

I wouldn't dare use this garbage as my primary storage.

You would hit a URE before you even had the chance to read all the data you put on the drive
This is sensible but I'd only use it for torrented video and games. Nothing I'd hate to lose

Cloud.

I have no idea what to do with 12TB. My 5 year old 1.5TB and 10 year old 320GB Seagates are still all the space I require.

>You would hit a URE before you even had the chance to read all the data you put on the drive

One of the reasons why RAID 5 is useless for larger drives.