High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Git Portable: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
Git Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/

Why not ask the kodi people? The fuck are we supposed to know whether they're interested in libplacebo at all?

FWIW, as far as OpenGL support is concerned, I'm currently deciding whether to target GLSL 120 or GLSL 130 as the minimum GLSL version; and if they're interested in using it, their opinion could surely help sway this decision.

We love you haasn.

Post haasn face

Is it possible to use mpv with d3d11 renderer and the vulkan libplacebo renderer? Is mpv going to adopt libplacebo or not?

>Is mpv going to adopt libplacebo or not?
Hopefully no.

Why? You don't like haasn?

Why do we want libplacebo? What does it do?

Not him but libplacebo would mean ripping out most of mpv and then haasn basically dictating mpv with this faggot anime redender shit that literally nobody but lincuck autists and pedos care about.

wm4 is not stupid enough to fall for this, haasn is welcome to start up his mpv-hq fork again if he wishes!

You watched too many documentaries, dude.

It's actually trivial to find. There are local news articles about him online.

>There are local news articles about him online.
Soo... which episode of to catch a predator did he appear on?

Why the fuck do we need an mpv shill thread every single day?

Hello mpc-hc/vlc shill.

I'm fine with mpv shill threads.

I'm not fine with haasn and wm4 spamming. It's literally 2-3 retarded neckbeards doing it.

What's wrong with neckbeards?

>github.com/haasn/libplacebo
It needs pictures and schemas for normies.

they spam gay shit

Would it be possible to make a script that temporarily generates a thumbnail for every x minute in the timeframe, then have that thumbnail displayed over the seekbar?

I imagine ffmpeg can handle the thumbnail generation. the only thing im not sure of is if there's a function in mpv that allows you to load an image as a texture and manipulate its coordinates

New mpv-android update when and don't tell me to build myself

Can it it play an album in the background when the screen is locked? Does it save your progress in videos too? I'm dying to get rid of MX player the amount of adverts is fucking ridiculous.

twitter.com/nandykins
>6 followers

>mpv devs have AB accounts
Good shit

whats with the stalking lately? Should mpv devs be worried?

I wonder if they argue with rukia on site too

Yes and no. Kinda, sorta.
mpv doesn't offer any low-level things like that, so you'll have to work with ASS. Which, kinda, sorta works but is so not meant for this.
gist.github.com/TheAMM/4c106cf07f9eced4d5e817d1ef11b097
That's 128x72 with 187 total colors. The ASS part could be more efficient (merging nearby pixels or using vector layers) but don't expect it to get much better.

>rendered at 24Hz
fucking kek

>he is a gaymer
Shocked.

lets follow him guise

>this thread
>discovered haasn is working on something else
>discovered haasn has a patreon
>discovered haasn has a twitter
>discovered haasn is a gamer
He is just like all those normies! I thought he was a god!

there's nothing inherently normie about any of those things

repost
6 months ago: cpu usage playing 720p youtube content was at 7-8%
1 month ago (prior to the ffmpeg debacle) - 20%
today - 60-90% cpu usage
settings have not changed other than moving from profile-hq to gpu-hq on linux/nvidia

someone mentioned youtube does vp9 now for "hq" (720p and higher) vids
i run with ytdl-format=bestvideo[vcodec!=vp9] tho

how to fix?
i booted with linux-ck and linux-lts, lts is bringing cpu usage down to 20-30%, ck is keeping it high

How do I configure mpv to continue from where it stopped?

Press Q (not q).
There's probably a script to automatically save the watch-later config - afaik mpv doesn't have an option for it.

Thanks. I mpv does have a config for it but I stupidly forgot

What's FSRCNNX? Is it better than HQ?

Isn't Vulkan already implemented in the latest shinchiro build?
Bump.

What's wrong with the gays?

what makes mpv better than mpc-hc

I have problem. on gentoo mpv crashes with memory leak. I think it may be problem with opengl. Is there easy way to debug it? --debug isnt usefull

Bump

Read the description nigga.

Thanks.
I don't know what that guy is doing to encode the images into .ass, but it seems someone already made a nice image to .ass embedder which allows full color.

github.com/SAPikachu/siriai

What is he studying? I thought he was some kind of neet dedicated to (F)OSS

Also, you'll need to modify the script a bit. Default parameters will create a huge .ass file. (35kb png to 780kb .ass file). Can probably play around with the colors and other optimization techniques.

Probably math or computer sciences, but you should send him an email to be sure.

mpv is better than media player classic?

Oh yes, much much better but it's only visible for advanced users.

No.

Haasn doesn't care about mpv vulkan anymore.

MPC > MPV > VLC

mpv isn't for brainlets.

It seems there is no more concurrence for madvr now! :(
Next madvr release will probably destroy ravu/fsrcnnx again. But now madshi has the time to do weird things like creating a totally new d3d11 renderer, that's good but I need more algorithms. I hope he will not become lazy like shiandow.

Okay mpv dudes, how do I fix my subs.

They're embedded in mkv files and look like shit, how do I force style on them.

Normal non-embedded files look good, bottom picture is what I'm trying to achieve.

Embedded files are vobsub apparently

Oh please, don't ask it every single week, dude.
Read the manual, it's fucking simple.

It's the first time I'm asking.

And I did, it works for non-embedded subs, just not the embedded ones.

Use the CTRL+F shortcut to find things faster.

>I don't know shit, so I'll just post some generic nonsense that makes me seem intelligent

the post.

Have you tried rebooting it ?

madshi usually doesn't create new algorythms very often. He may create a new one every couple of months, and in between just finetunes them. The latest algorythms were just added recently, so it will probably be a while before any new algorythms come.

Is haasn still using vim for c development?
I tried and it's so a nightmare compare to clion or qtcreator.

He used to but it slowed him down, now he uses Visual Studio Code and libplacebo is progressing at light-speed.

I wrote the ASS generator in a few minutes in Python, cutting down on the colors just in case. Because as you note in , shit expands. Siriai seems to optimize into horizontal continuous sections (blocks) - but also wastes space by repeating the parameters. This is good news, because stuff can be improved - the current performance is not the best we can get.
I noted that the first ASS load will stutter, but after that it should be smoother. Proper optimization on the ASS generation and sufficiently small images, it is kind of possible. So why hasn't anyone done it?

I'd set up a python script to call on ffmpeg to fetch frames, process into an ASS template and dump them into a specified directory. The Lua script also needs to process the generated ASS to position the overlays, which hopefully won't take much time.
If I find myself with some extra time, I'll create a repo at some point so keep an eye open.

I still see no benefits from it to mpv.

Dude. You can't force a style on vobsub, they're literally pictures. Not text. OCR the subtitles or something and then you can apply a style on them.

>>he is a gaymer
He has good taste.
gist.github.com/haasn/d653506537c2f647d74074a9fb910be9

>Will probably never play unless something convinces me
>The Witcher 3
>good taste

>Proper optimization on the ASS generation and sufficiently small images, it is kind of possible. So why hasn't anyone done it?
I guess there just wasn't an interest. I found it odd how many streaming sites had thumbnail preview seeking yet no desktop player does. I mean it's almost 2018.

>I'd set up a python script to call on ffmpeg to fetch frames, process into an ASS template and dump them into a specified directory
I had the same idea, but if you're using a global thumbnail directory, then how will you differentiate loading thumbs? I'm guessing you could grab the sha256 of the file and use that as a sub-folder name to avoid collisions. There's a hash module for python which turns that into a one-liner.

>If I find myself with some extra time, I'll create a repo at some point so keep an eye open.
Awesome, I'll be on the look out.

>how will you differentiate loading thumbs?
Lots of ways with filenames. Or could just blockingly call on the script to thumbnail everything (the scripts run in their own threads so mpv itself won't stall) and read stdout, etc.
Don't hold your breath though, I think the guy who wanted mpv to be able to save last N minutes of a stream suffocated already. (I did finish a proto of it but it was not user-proof)

What makes this better then other players?

>What makes this better then other players?
>then
Nothing your lilliputian intellect could possibly grasp.

scripting

What would I need scripting for?

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

hello. how to be sure that my gpu decodes videos in mpv?

shift+i
press 2

i see frame timings, fresh and redraw and some spectrograms

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec
I think this is what you want?

do you see hwdec on either page?
if not put hwdec=auto in mpv.conf
I wouldnt recommend hwdec unless your cpu is shit though

>I found it odd how many streaming sites had thumbnail preview seeking yet no desktop player does.
streaming sites can generate thumbnails beforehand, and its biggest benefit is that it makes seeking on slow connections much more manageable. but seeking in offline files is way faster and evidently seekbar thumbnails are more complicated to implement (in mpv, at least) as well.
i don't see much of a use for it myself. i watch things from start to finish and if i have to stop in the middle, i use quit-watch-later or just leave mpv open. if i found myself needing to skip around more often, i'd probably use the revert-seek command.
also i wouldn't want to be spoiled by hovering over the wrong end of the seekbar. that would be so incredibly dumb.

i only want to be sure that gpu decodes videos in mpv because when i open windows task manager it shows in gpu tab that 3d is working, not "encode" graph. i have:
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

in mpv.conf.

what exactly i need to see? words ''hwdec"?

please sorry for stupidity

>also i wouldn't want to be spoiled by hovering over the wrong end of the seekbar. that would be so incredibly dumb.
Well I mean, this is mpv we're talking about, if it was implemented it would be an option
I agree with you though, most users wouldn't get any use out of it. I personally think it's a good suggestion, often I'll skim through movies I've seen in the past to view specific scenes - thumbnails would just make things that little bit easier

>tfw CPU to shit to play 80 gig 4K blurays

Yes the word "hwdec"
putting hwdec=auto enables hwdec
hwdec is off by default

i don't see it despite having "hwdec=auto" in my mpv.conf file. do you know why is this happening bu any chance?
my config:

# Defaults for all profiles
vo=gpu
hwdec=auto
interpolation
tscale=oversample

[high-quality]
profile=gpu-hq
hwdec=auto
interpolation
tscale=oversample

maybe stats changed? idk i cant test right now.
run mpv from the terminal or make a log file. Another indivator is the cpu usage should be down and gpu up.

Cool, this would be perfect if it could be integrated with the OSC

Nice,
if you're this user, you should probably use a blank placeholder thumbnail incase the user seeks too far ahead while ffmpeg is still generating them.

Better yet,it might be better to just make a standalone tool to do the thumb/.ass generation, then simply have a lua script load the thumbnails and do overlay positioning.

It was not me (). (I'm also not-so-user but don't bother tripping constantly)
Depending on the thumbnailing speed, my idea was to just let the user enable the previews (you don't want every file you watch start thumbnailing, do you?) and from my experiences, it's reeaasonably fast fetching frames here and there, but it may turn out not to be fast enough to tell the user to wait.

>encode images to .ass
just use fucking overlay-add you mongoloid spastics

That's what is using

Didn't know that was a thing. looks like .ass generation might not be needed. Perfect

Huh. I had no idea.
Now the question is, if you can just patch in raw pixels like that, why the hell hasn't anyone done this before?

Because maybe nobody gives a shit about thumbnails?