Guys i have been thinking about this for a long time. Is it possible to do daily browsing without JS?...

Guys i have been thinking about this for a long time. Is it possible to do daily browsing without JS?? Does anyone have JS completely disabled on their browser?

The only sites on go on is 4chin, youtube, omegle and some other petty sites.

I don't have any social media or accounts

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qqueue/ANSICHAN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>omegle
nigga u gay

Just text, don't even have a webcam. Also flash player is disgusting and bloat

I know you can browse youtube using a terminal browser like elinks and opening videos in VLC or MPV, and there is also SMPlayer as a desktop youtube browser. For Sup Forums is different, you need to buy a pass and then yes you don't need JS. I don't know about omegle.

derek bananas has some good tutorials on his channel

I really don't care about omelge. I can browse Sup Forums without javascript but the catalog feature would be gone.

I don't know about youtube tho.

The web would be so much better if we got rid of JavaScript. In fact all dynamic content, besides embedded videos.

most sites won't even work without third party js

JS is the only way to make a cross-platform, cross-browser, multi-purpose web site in a single attempt.

Yeah but i don't use many. Youtube is the one that is hitting me hard.

Its game over dude.

Im accepting that ill have to run like 5 VMs all connected to VPNs in order to avoid botnet

BLOAT
and your hardware is a botnet

Outside of livestreams, videos can totally be javascript free.

If you are asking that specific question the specific answer for you is: No, it is impossible for you.

The modern web has become a monster that eats your privacy for breakfast. It needs JS to observe you and to serve you your shopping ads. It needs JS to give you your fucking hamburger menu.

It needs JS because the web has become a giant mess of a hack that would not look, feel or work in anyway related to its state right now.

That being said: I hate JS and I block as much as possible.

That is wrong. If you are not a jew who includes JS to track your users and give them features they don't need: It is actually fairly simple to make web sites. Not in a single attempt, but that is another matter that is not solved by JS.

Leave them or hate them. I do both.

Sad but true

Somebody has to bring back this github.com/qqueue/ANSICHAN

I just fucking need youtube to work without js
I don't give a fucking shit about anything else

>Guys i have been thinking about this for a long time. Is it possible to do daily browsing without JS?
>thinking about this
>long time
>browsing without JS

m8, you need to find something else to think about. also take your autism medicine

or you could just stop downloading cp

Why not just use a video player that has network capabilities?

>That is wrong.

Does HTML/CSS have a way to submit forms asynchronously and pop in a div with the response? Or better: multiple at different positions. No it doesn't. inb4 iframe

no stfu, you fucking globalist shill.

Why can't people just accept that trying to make a document browser play video and animations isn't going to work and use dedicate programs and clients?

For youtube see and Long story shot is possible to watch youtub videos WITHOUT JavaScript and that's what i've used as my daily driver for 3 years now.

I'm quite sure that it is impossible. IMO the link to the video gets generated on the fly and is only valid if at least your ip matches. It will be served to you via JS.

>asynchronously
>pop a div
Never said that HTML was capable of this type of things. But you can do it the old school way: Send a fucking complete http compatible response with a changed page via CGI.

Yes it is a reload. This is the way it was designed. But it is the same functionality.

you can use any text browser(just html partially css)
omegle and youtube you need js or some way of streaming the content

see

Yeah tell me about it
That stuff is pure filth.

The main issue is how browser/os fingerprinting is now rampant. IPs are being tied to identities and we are being characterized for advertizers and political outlets.

yeah bro disable js and css all the way and filter out most html tags as well. it's the TRUE™ redpilled Sup Forumsanon experience.

>you can do it the old school way
Truly , the web is too bloated , we need to go back to netscape times, on windows 95 with a dial-up connection , evolution was a mistake.

>globalist shill
i tip my fedora to you fellow kekistani
shadilay brother
praise kek

>Blaming the tool for being used unethically
Yeah user , that's our problem , good thing you spotted it .

No. I never said that.

You are talking about OSs and connection speed. The problem with JS is about CPU time wasted, memory wasted and being tracked. Ever realized that almost every browser feels fucking slow? It is not the connection that is the problem, it is also not your CPU, which probably is fast enough. It is the inherit shit of JS that is wasting CPU time. Literally wasting because it is so inefficient to have a dynamic, interpreted language in a browser serving dynamic content.

Yes, I am blaming the tool. I will blame rifles, guns and tanks for war, too. Of course they don't work without men, but men will do less shit without them.

>wasting

On the contrary. It saves CPU time on the server, meaning you can serve more people at the same time for lower cost. That, plus client devices need more CPU power, leading to increased sales. Plus, dev is easier.

Javascript is win-win for everyone.

WTF I hate js now

That is wrong, again. It does not serve CPU time on the server. Remember: You always have to check user input on the server side because a user can manipulate his client.
This also invalidates your argument that "dev is easier". It is not as you are adding additional components.

The sales argument is total bullshit.

~1,7GB for ~20 tabs? That is insanity even with 8 or 16GB memory being standard.

> IMO impossible
I stand corrected. I installed HTML5 Video Everywhere and now JewTube works without JS enabled.

BUT

The extension is basically a big fat JS insertion tool. When you install it you get a notice that it accesses your tabs on specific domains.

Now WebExtensions work by inserting JS in the tab. This JS gets executed EVEN IF you shut JS down in your config.

The extension does the same stuff that happened before in the background.

Let call it cheating...

You are still having all negative side effects from JS that way. You are not secure because you must put your trust in the extension. Your privacy still suffers because of your extensions JS.

Sorry, but I have to correct myself yet again:
It does not work anymore.

I activated JS again, reloaded, deactivated, reloaded. And now I have a blank screen and no video.