/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Is Swappa legit?

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/latitude-10-tablet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0
arewewebextensionsyet.com/
mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the best way to process a shitload of calculations as fast as possible in C#? Using threads?

Should I a new Buget phone or used Flagship?

I'm designing an alarm watch as part of a course, and I'm having some trouble with the alarm input.
Can someone familiar with VHDL tell me why this code still allows a 29 output instead of limiting it at 23 as it should?

bin_hrs1 should only be able to take the values of 0-9 if bin_hours is less than 2, and only go to 3 if bin_hours is 2.

Does that pick have a Fucking 9gag Watermark

seems like if hrs1 is >9, it's assigned 9 and everything else is skipped since it's in the else block of the first if. So hrs10 is only checked if hrs1

new buget

Any reason? It seems like if I'm willing to accept short battery life I can get some pretty sweet perks

New flagship

How can I simplify this so I can calculate it quickly? I want to input k = 2^128 - 1.

Wolframalpha managed to resolve k = 2^32 - 1 just fine, but says it can't calculate it for this one.

That was indeed the problem, I went about it another way and came up with pic related. Rookie mistake.
Thanks.

i was joking because you said buget instead of budget, but idfk my galaxy s7 is old and still works so i think you can pick up a used lg g5 or some shit like that from a yearly upgrader and itll be pretty fine. i say lg because i assume anyone who knows what lg is or cares about what lg does would know how to take care of their phone better than samsung tards. in my school i hear people asking for samsung chargers, theyre the type of people who dont put cases on their devices and drop it on concrete and try to sell it at walmart.

Can someone please help me with pic related? I want to "import" my summing.cs file so I can do it on my core calculations, I just started learning so please don't laugh at me :C

n over k

hi, you might have gotten lost, please click the following link(put your mouse on it and press the left mouse button(the mouse is the thing you hold in your hand and move around))

how can i test a react form with jest and enzyme? i have problems when simulating submit because the function it calls has a lot of dependencies (i just want to know if the function is called)

Yeah I've thought about LG, it just seems like their devices have a higher than average rate of spontaneous fuckups. So your S7 is still snappy? Is there anything you would change about it?

Yeah awesome thanks, I don't even watch anime I was just meming you dip

GPU computations if possible, if not make a C++ program(with threads) to calculate, if that's not possible too then C# with threads.

at least stand up for your beliefs instead of immediately backing down and saying you were just pretending, pathetic

Why not expand out the factorials, user?
i=k
Π i
k-(52+1)
1 - -------- ((52+1) < k)
k**52

Or using suggestion
k P 52
1 - ------
k**52

I'm really sorry, I'm always such a disappointment

How do I add search engines in Firefox 57 now when the search bar isn't displayed?

Display search bar, add engines, hide search bar.

about:preferences#search is all I know, or about:addons if you decide to implement something else

I must be a brainlet because I'm not sure what those symbols mean, the second one seems nearly understandable but I don't know what P is, the top one I can't tell what's going at all

So there is no " new, officially streamlined" way to do it now?

My router keeps making static sounds, it's fucking annoying as shit. Why's it doin that?

its broken

Π is the capital pi symbol.
It multiplies all the numbers in the range.
i=10
Π i === 1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*10

In britfag land nCr is a function that tells you the number of ways of choosing r items from n items where the order of the items doesn't matter. C stands for combinations.

nPr is a function that tells you the number of ways of choosing r items from n items where order of items does matter. P stands for permutations.

a**b is the python synta for raising a to the power of b.

Presumably you know what ! means . . .

Don't think so yet. A lot of their documentation is going to need to get updated for the new GUI.

>((52+1) < k)
Means the formula only works when the k >= 53.

What's the best practice when zipping files? Should i wrap everything in a single folder then zip or zip subfolders directly?

>>>>>python

using fedora (mate) how what command restarts MATE or my visual interface?

Sometimes I get my mouse stuck on drag and drop mode on Ubuntu 16.04, and the keyboard becomes pretty much unusable, since spacebar doesn't work and enter only works if capslock is on for some reason.
And of course the mouse doesn't click around, so I end up having to reboot the system everytime.

Halp?

I never worked with mobile devices.
Is Java the true way to go? I know it's possible to program for Android with other languages like Python, but it doesn't seem to be the standard.

Is there a browser that allows you to set the background color and colorscheme in general the way console ones do? Maybe something like zathura's recolor option?

Also, is there a good vimb alternative, while it's in alpha?

> sudo systemctl restart lightdm

Is there any way to fix the travesty mozilla just released? I used to rely on Classic Theme Restorer but the dev says on mozillas extension page he's not going to port it.
I heard an unsourced rumor claiming the dev had said he might have an update ready around summer next year.

inb4
>change to k-meleon or some other obscure hipsterbrowser

how about you make an effort not to be an autist and embrace change? you do know that insisting on everything to always be the same is a trait of the autistic personality disorder, right?

ta lad

Port it yourself

Kotlin seems to be the new hot shit for android.
You can use C/C++ but Kotlin might be easier

Qutebrowser is decent as a vimb alt, but for me it had a moderate memory leak (probably fixed by now).

Cannot wait for new vimb

I've just started and I can hardly do 10kg dumbbell curls. Is this normal? Any tips for a noon on what to focus? I'm also doing chest press around 30kg which is more doable.

i would change the fact that samsung removed the good lock ui after they released android 7. loved that ui, even if it was a little buggy. also, since im on the murica verizon version, its got a qualcomm chip in it. nothing wrong with qualcomm chips, except that samsung either botched it in their software or their international exynos processors are just that much better with common android tasks than qualcomm chips are. idk what's the issue, but scrolling down my spotify playlist of 1300 songs is jumpy and laggy looking on my phone while scrolling through the same playlist on me mum's lgv30 is buttery smooth. so, ui update fucked up my preference and its performance is spotty. otherwise, without facebook installed, the battery lasts all day and the phone does what i ask of it. i use nova launcher, btw. ymmv with touchjizz, its awful dont use it pls

Ok, so the formula I'd be inputting numbers to is

k = (2^128 - 1)

1 - ((product [k -53 .. k]) / (k^52))

I'm not sure if I've done that right, cause when I get the result, it's apparently -1.15e77, when I was expecting it to be a very small number close to 0, or at least between 1 and 0.

Yes, I've used it before
Sellers have to post pics of the phone in its current state with a ID stamp or they can't sell
Swappa takes shit seriously so if any seller fucks about they'll suspend their account quickly

Oh fuck me. Wrong place. Sorry.

np

>hurr change can't be bad
The majority of the changes they made are pants on head retarded. I don't mind the visual changes and it's noticably faster, but why the fuck am I suddenly no longer allowed to pin shit directly on the NewTab tiles just to make one example.

you can pin, click the edit button

Sounds like all the input is locked into being sent to some particular X11 application.
ssh into your computer and kill the application.
Or if that doesn't work then kill the X11 server.

Could investigate if there's a magic X11 key combination that allows you to kill a process, or to switch out of a process.

Could investigate the magic kernel-level key combinations that allow you to sync your disks, unmount your disks, power-off or reboot your machine.

You missed the keyword "directly". Used to be able to just drag a bookmark to the tile, but that's gone now for some retarded reason and I'm not going to spend days grooming my History just to have the thing I want to pin finally show up on a tile. And I have FF set to delete everything but cookies when I close it.

I guess you have to find a way to go to text console with Ctrl Alt F1, end your mouse, and back to X console.

little more context: had this s7 since april 2016 so its been a year n a half. my phone's super clean, greenify installed and working and all that. mom's lgv30 is covered in bloat, she's clueless, had it for half a year now and i tested the spotify playlist just a couple weeks ago while also playing with the phone's dac. shes never had any stability issues with the v30, but her g3 started spazzing and booting to a blank blue screen since she dropped it. so i guess yeah thats bizarre for a drop, probably some surface mount shit popping off from the fall because i baked it and it worked again for a day. lg's spontaneous failure is probably caused by bad internal build quality, maybe they underpay their factory workers lmao. if you have the know-how, you might be able to solve your own issues with an lg phone if it ever happens to croak on you. might be as simple as a little wire unplugging. if youre not up for the slightest risk with the lg and willing to deal with a pinch of sluggishness in return for infinite reliability, go for a used s7. otherwise, id say lg

???????

How to find such application though?
For example this time I was dragging an image from chrome to my desktop. Well then the thing got stuck, I killed chrome, no success
So I don't have another guess at which application or background process is doing that to my mouse

Kill your X console.

Did you edit an already in use tile or did you click an empty one? My empty tiles doesn't have any way to edit them.

Just click the edit button on the top right and the add button should be there, I'm on latest stable

>k^52
Out of curiousity, what is the value calculated for k^52 ?

What the actual fuck, 57.0?
My edit button only has checkboxes for displaying Search, Most Visited, Featured and another irrelevant thing.
Did you fiddle with Settings/Preferences at all? I did, and me fucking up something there is the only plausible explanation I can think of, even though I doubt it's that.

i don't know, try installing the beta

Where would be the best place online to try and sell older computer parts? I have a GTX 480 with a waterblock
attached (stock cooler gone) that I want to see if I can get a few bucks out of. I'm done with watercooling and looking to finally upgrade to a 1060 or 1070.

I want to measure just the power input into a cpu, how do I do that?

That is... concerning. I might just roll with the HTC 10 instead. Supposed to be slightly inferior to the S7 hardware wise, but rock solid and much closer to vanilla android. I'm tempted to think samsung takes a leaf out of apple's book and weaves a little bit of planned obsolescence into their "updates".

Thanks

Could you check Help -> About and see if your version is 57.0?

This is the result of a disk benchmark on my tablet's SSD. How fucked am I? Think it's going to die soon.

Early android tablets had low performance storage...
But those zeros are concerning.

Can openmediavault run an IRC bouncer or is it locked down?

It doesn't matter if I use a different cable type to connect a second monitor right?

I switched over to Firefox and installed 4chanX and violentmonkey but I'm not getting the same features as I used to on chrome. I don't see the option to show the unread count on tabs and changing the refresh timer on autoupdates. I can't even save the settings that I'm changing and it's continuously being reset back to default. I'm using ccd0's fork

I have an i5-8400, Gtx 1060, 16 ram CL16 and a evo ssd.
Is is it worth to get an M.2 Optane?
Or it is just Intel jew shilling?

No, unless you've got some $30 gpu that doesn't let you connect certain combinations at the same time.

Cool. Didn't think so. Thanks

Update any other part of your rig first. Extra-sata speed drives have minimal impact outside of heavy professional editing.

>m.2 optane
Not worth.

The byte writable version of optane is interesting to server people that need to persist a counter that's freequently updated.

The ssd version of optane buys you very little compared to an ordinary ssd.

thanks. I hadn't considered using the GPU.

It's a Dell Latitude 10. Guess it's time for a replacement. dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/latitude-10-tablet

How do I get Windows Photo Gallery now that Windows Essentials is unavailable?

mediatek bad??

current clamp meter onto the 12v CPU wire

Check the math, that's all you get.

Is there a decent extension for hiding the scroll bar in Firefox 57 yet? I don't wanna write one because I'm a piece of shit

Use redux saga if you want a testable React codebase.

It doesn't matter. Files are inconsistent enough this should be determined by the decompressor.

Is there a 1:1 list of firefox extensions that work with latest firefox?

I want a windows vm, what do you guys use to get past the license check?
Also considering the developer 90 day trial but iso but I would like to not redownload a 4GB iso for this one purpose if I could use the one I have.

When installing windows I just click skip when it asks for a product key and use kmspico to activate

Is there an easy way to set up custom resolutions on linux?

Why activate? You afraid of the big scary watermark?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0

arewewebextensionsyet.com/

mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/

In Windows the ipconfig command tells me that the default gateway is 192.168.1.1
On linux the route command says 192.168.1.0

Why is there a difference?

what is wrong with systemd?

how hard is it to move on to C++ if I'm moderately competent in C#?

Why is the text so weird on most sites I visit? Pic related.
No zoom, running on a 1080p 24 inch monitor.

best cost-effective hardware RAID controller?

Is there a special OS available on the Intel nuc?
The one at work was configured by an ex employee and it boots straight into the remote desktop app really quickly (like 7 seconds) fullscreen so that users can control their pc's from the intel nuc.
Looks like windows 8.1 or 10 based on the app.