This thread is about the appreciation of horology...

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtube.com/watch?v=508-rmdY4jQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTG08C1NDts
forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pcteam-pam-luminor-44mm-case-sets-noob-vs-kw-vs-h-maker-ale-klockis-review.150417/
forum.replica-watch.info/threads/swan-neck-part-iii-statistical-analysis-of-faults-and-reliability-in-replicas.90559/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the glory of Daini Seikosha

Today I've seen some things.
>a horrible fake Casio Edifice
>a guys Daini Seikosha Type-II he bought in 1983, had the same movement as mine
>an old-timer brought in his Orient VX retirement watch for a battery change. For Lieutenant-Colonel Something-Something, Ministry of Defence, 1986. I actually remembered the watch from last year.
>an old handwinding Roamer from the 60's. It has never been serviced, but the timegrapher only showed it being dry, it didn't eat itself despite being an early 21600bph. Fucking Roamer.

So apparently my watch is guaranteed to double in value.

> Fake Casio edifice
:(

I prefer this new release to your old release

(pic related)

It should be noted that these threads have been hijacked by seikosans, my friend's a Mod and he'll be monitoring these threads closely. We want a fair representation of all watches. Take note canadian !

Is Tissot Everytime any good?
Like the choises, but what's inside? An unservicable movement that won't last?

>Is Tissot any good?
No.

My dad works for Sup Forums and he said I could post as many seikos as I want

I'm talking about the automatics here.

Both seem a little repetitive with the hour (left)/minute(right) markers on the dial and bezel

Would you like to see Nagasaki fire him? then shut your whore mouth and post something different than Seiko.

I'd post some more about late pre-quartz Girard Perregaux but I can't fucking find any info about them or the amazing watches they were making in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I'm still digging but holy fuck the sources are slim. This is much harder than digging up info on late pre-quartz Omega, Rolex or Seiko.

who fakes an edifice??? theyre dirt cheap. The pooinloo specials are evolving.

roamer is amazing

This image is much funnier in the context of everyone else on /wt/ having subsequently realized that there really has been one dude perma-trolling /wt/ for months now.

Why does that Orient Bambino have Seiko written on the dial?

My dad says he has tenure and just bought me a new seiko SKX after he paid my vasectomy bill!

>mfw idiot seiko haters will never realize my dad is mister Fourchan himself.

Post seiko or ill have him track your ip and kill you.

specially because the same guy is now that one omega dude.

Im worried this would just look like denim: the watch in real life

you realize the bezels rotate right?
The bezel provides dual time zone (right & left) or timing function (right).

I really likee the design of the presage but i dont want another 40mm watch
Anything like this but smaller for sub $500?

Beautiful.

What should I buy for my bf. He's a bit older than me, he's turning 42. I want to spend €100-€200 max.

How much would you pay for this? The jewelr was telling me the Crystal is new and it went through some weird case refinishing process I’ve never heard of

A nice dinner I'd say at that price range.

yep. still looks like shit.

The fact that they don't put 4sxx on midrange watches anymore is a testament to how they're just as bad as the Swiss

>weird case refinishing process

probably shoved the entire case in jeweler;s rouge and polished every surface on the case

Does vostok europe use the same water resist design as the regular vostoks?

anyone buy a getat marina militare?
I really love the radiomir styles but fuck if I give panerai like 8k for a shitty unitas clone

Not really. They stopped using the 4sxx because they believed that mid-range watch buys are much more interested in the level of exterior finishing than in the technical merits of the movements in the $250 - $750 price range. The cost saved on movements has been invested into upgrading the exterior finishing instead.

The mid-level Swiss outsourced and cheapened everything they could in the production process to increase margins and spend more on marketing as their primary revenue driver.

I'm looking for an automatic Poljot De Luxe, but I'm struggling to find trustworthy buyers. Lot's of Ukies and cheap ebay shit.

Thoughts on this collection? youtube.com/watch?v=eTG08C1NDts

there are a bunch of really nice solar powered seikos in that proce range. Check out citizen eco drives and solar seikos on amazon.

that is if you want to buy a watch.

Who makes the best solar quartz diver?

no

ssc017, sne441,bn0150

cop or not?

its a timex expedition scout a good option for a budget field watch? anyone has experiences with them?

TICK TICK TICK

I'm tempted by the cheap Chinese tourbillon watches, if I bought one how long before they broke?

C O P

Fuck off poser.

What is your job specifically? Do you own your own shop?

What are the alarms on Citizen Eco Drive watches like? I'm assuming it just vibrates or something?

Also overall cop or not

Any Dutch fags here? Where do you service your watches? Interested in servicing Japanese shit. Or should I just service them while I'm in Japan? Any good places to turn them in in Kyushuu?

there are youtube vids of it. Its decent.

Recommend me a watch to go with my new boots.

There is more than one anti-swatch male poster.

Vintage dress watch with matching brown suede band.

the omega guy is that loser who always spams BTFO! and shit like that about swatch group because he got triggered when someone insulted his precious watch

it *pops* in the sun. the blue's almost like diamonds in a dim light, catching different lights, but it's just subdued enough.

sadly no, Seiko's on a huge watch kick. the japs want dinner plates right now.

$300 at most

Ref? Pleeease

>Hands massively too short
Not.

I would probably start by trying to figure out if that Zenith model ever came with that dial...

Thought on modern Luch watches?

I have one. Loud , but sturdy and oh so reliable. Indiglo light is lovely.

Cheap shit. If you want a Russian watch or one-hander, fine, but anything else would be better otherwise.

He was asking 1500

This whole thread belongs on /fa/ if that's your answer

no one else enjoys chink watches?

That's kinda looking looking if it's a reasonable size honestly
Not every watch needs to be a calatrava

Definitely no

Can someone explain to me why a forum about fucking fake watches is somehow the best watch resource on the internet?
Look at this:
>forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pcteam-pam-luminor-44mm-case-sets-noob-vs-kw-vs-h-maker-ale-klockis-review.150417/
This fucking put more effort into comparing some wristwatches than I did for my fucking PhD thesis.
Insane, WUS and you fucks are inferior to a fucking FAKE WATCH FORUM

I discovered the same. The rep fans are real watch nerds who just can't afford the real stuff but they can tell you everything about the real version.

>The rep fans are real watch nerds who just can't afford the real stuff but they can tell you everything about the real version.
Honestly this is autism I can get behind.
And there's increasingly more brands that I wouldn't care wearing a rep of because of how shitty they are, panerai being a prime example

feels like collecting to buy shit rather than collecting. nothing remotely interesting about the completely obvious selection.

there isn't really much of a price variation (unless you count the plastic casio thing, which i don't).

i like the hamilton for what it is. the snk is just a shittier version that serves the same purpose and should be liquidated.
>skx
ok. fine. whatever.
>imitation vintage dress watch
why? a real one isn't even expensive.

fucking trash all in all. about as interesting as ford focus

it's not a reasonable size though, is it? just looking at the thing you can tell

i agree about panerai, but my self respect prevents me from doing so

THEY DID A FUCKING FULL STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF WHY THEIR FAKE WATCHES FAIL
>forum.replica-watch.info/threads/swan-neck-part-iii-statistical-analysis-of-faults-and-reliability-in-replicas.90559/
and you fuckers are over here arguing about seikos

lol I've seen people ask $400 on WUS, but $1500? Tell him to fuck himself.

there are some genuinely great posts on RWI every now and then.
There was one about steel types and why rolex uses theirs. I usually check out that forum a few times a month to look at top posts and keep on top of what fakes look like so i wont get scammed when buying.

yeah but some of their reps are easy to call out, like the rep of the PAM318 because the rep has a completly unfished movement.

:^)

You guys fucked up this thread, start another please.

blocked.
blocked
blocked

if you guys are going to talk about replicas or promote them, i'll block you. don't bother responding, I have Sup Forums plus. Also Panerai's a fashion brand, I'll likely block most of you if you promote Panerai at all.

This is a good watch-buying chart to go by. Panerai and Seiko belong at the bottom, along with any fucking replica.

why discuss something that no one here would ever wear?

I'm talking about the quality of posts here
I was planning on buying a real pam and I learned more about on a fucking fake watch forum then on WUS.

BLOCKED YOU TOO. My cousin is Fourchan himself and will ban you from the site if you dont stop

>blocked despite essentially agreeing

as long as its used i guess. this is an autist echo chamber of swatch, seiko and autistic meltdowns . what did you expect from Sup Forums?

Is Hamilton even worth it anymore?

what's your stoyle?

No, it's not for wristlets.

t. wristlet

Rep fans are garbage who should commit suicide. If I met a rep owner irl I'd literally
just do a Chris Evans chuckle and walk away.

Have fun trying to make money on watch purchases KEK

Only for the basic khaki fields or the intra-matic.