Don't bother buying the ThinkPad W520

Just buy a T420 for around ~200 bucks and upgrade the CPU to a quad.

Runs only a bit hotter than normal T420 and W520 but is quieter than W520.

A good trade off in my book

Cooling isn't

Is the t440p good?
I wanna get it cause it has an m.2 port

Or you coud get a e7450 dell, have better battery life, better screen, touch screen if you want, and its not as thick.

>uhohherewego

>not as thick
I like it thick and hard.

yes it is

>what is a gpu

what about high gamut FHD panel?
what about 32GB RAM?

well you se-

well...

Hm...I guess if you REALLY need a FHD?

This is terrible advice. I got my w520 for $250 on ebay. Took several lost auctions and two and a half weeks to find but it came with a 1080 IPS, 250gb ssd, 12gb of ram, a quadro, and a 2860QM cpu. It's good enough that I only feel the slightest regret giving my desktop away to family. Shitposting on Sup Forums has never been easier with a thinkpad!

The T420 also has an M.2 slot ;)
> The Wi-Fi card isn't there, is in another place.

>what is a dGPU?

Keep in mind that it's M.2 2242, so you'll run into compatibility problems with most SSDs.

I got a W510 years ago, I do sometimes wish I found a W520 instead. W510 comes with a very hungry i7, battery life even with a brand new 9 cell is only barely 3 hours. It's a complete dinosaur but it has a 4c/8t CPU, space for 32GB of RAM (Using 20GB currently). SSD+HDD. I really like mine, just got a free dock for it from work today in fact.

is 45$ for a used t60 good? the seller says the cpu is brand new and everything else is clean and in good condition.

You don't buy a W520 for the cooling design.

You buy a W520/30 for the dGPU or the 1080p screen without having to rely on a chinkmod that doesn't even work right.

Also, some people buy them for the RAM slots if they run a lot of SQL or VM stuff.

Is it worth getting a refurbished T430 off eBay? Anyone has this that thinks I can get a better model for the same price?

tfw dream laptop is X220t with FHD panel and quadcore chip
tfw this will never happen
Anyone recommend anything close to this?

>what?

t420 has terrible screen
w520 is avalible with 1080 screen
thread closed

I would love the X220 with a high end panel and some upgraded hardware too.

Does anyone have pricelist + specs of this?
not the libreboot overpriced stuff.
I was thinking of upgrading my C2D toshiba laptop with SSD and caddy but I thought getting a new thinkpad wouldn't hurt.

>
>The T420 also has an M.2 slot ;)
It doesn't. It only has a msata slot which is limited to sata 2 speed

>
>I would love the X220 with a high end panel and some upgraded hardware too.
Someone installed a quadcore in a x220 with 35tdw the cpu was a i7 3612qm. About the display. You can buy a ips fhd kit