Assemble a part list

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
[YouTube] how to build a pc. (embed)
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed) (embed)

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega if you have a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous: (Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ChDf3F
pcpartpicker.com/list/wGthVY
pcpartpicker.com/list/cz6LtJ
pcpartpicker.com/product/VKdFf7/team-dark-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tdged416g3000hc16cdc01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bought a fresh PC, Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB RAM, Gtx 1060, Asus B350M-A Prime

I have no display despite having correctly plugged the DVI cable to the GPU and verifying everything works

I looked it up and it seems to be a BIOS issue, but how the fuck do I update it without a display? I already wasted all my budget on this rig, I can't afford to take it to a tech shop to get it flashed nor do I have a different CPU to try it

help me please

Buy Intel

>tfw it was just me being retarded and not setting the monitor to digital instead of analog

let say i will SLI a 1080ti.
would that be a problem using i5 8400 in my future 4k 144hz display?

Possibly but probably not

Anyone else have an 8700k?
I'm cooling it using an h100i v2 and it keeps fluxuating temps pretty wildly. Goes from 29c up to 36c rapidly while idle..

then when running a game like nioh, it jumps up to like 60c

does this seem normal??

Pics or GTFO

ill take some help, is this a good build for playiing video games? my budget is unlimeted but im trying to stay under 1500$

perfectly normal
what's there to even worry about?

is it actually a good idea to clean my motherboard like that?

I want a 1080p /144hz rig as cheap as possible. Is 3770k + used 980ti a good idea?

It's actually fine, as long as you remove cmos, and dry 100% before putting any power to it.

Case X-2 Outlaw Case -
Motherboard ASROCK AB350 PRO4 -
Processor AMD® RYZEN™ R5 1600 -
Memory Xidax Extreme DDR4 2666MHz Memory- 16GB -
Power Supply Corsair CX750M Semi-Modular Power Supply -
Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB -
Sound Cards Onboard Audio -
HDD/SSD Xidax Performance SSD -
CPU Cooling Xidax 550LC CPU Cooler -
CPU Paste Standard CPU Thermal Paste -
GPU Paste Standard Graphics Card Thermal Paste -
OS Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit -

Just got this from xidax for 1300, I know all about building my own computer but this allowed me to upgrade majorly from my current computer while just doing payments. How good or bad did I do?

>Payments
>Asking for approval after purchase instead of before
This is why you are poor.

No I'm poor cause of my alcohol addiction but thanks for your insight.
Last computer I built piece by piece but it was about one piece per month and didn't feel like waiting when I'm playing battlefront 2 and my computer is struggling.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ChDf3F
Wasted about $400

Sorry, i forgot SSD, you actually only wasted $250ish

250 to get my computer now vs later and it saves me the 1 hour work of building it is not too bad.

Is thermal paste included with new cpus? I'm about to buy a R3 1200 so i want to know if i need anything extra

They didn't remove cmos

I have a PCI and PCI-E expansions available.
What should I get? I really don't know much about PCI expansions other than the GPU and a wireless card (have a wireless dongle so don't need)

1. Why a 7600K?
2. Buy a cheap cooler like the cryorig H7
3. Use the extra money to get a z270 mobo
4. If you're gonna spend $100 on a case make sure it has tempered glass
5. Why no HDD?

Would a i5-2500k at 4.7Ghz work with a 1080Ti at 1440p 144hz?

The chip is 2nd gen Sandy, I know, its old, but its worked well so far. Will it be a bottleneck to a 1080Ti?

No, time to upgrade.
If you're really that cheap, get a 3770k for the same socket.

Can 420 rads be squeezed into a thermal take core x5?
Case is 540, crude pixel measurements on photo I came out at 435 for the length of open space in the rad mounting brackets.
But the product page still only lists 360/280 and... 400. Wtf is a 2*200 rad even I thought 2*180 were outlandish

nice, i was going for a build similar to yours
what ram did you bought for your motherboard btw?

pcpartpicker.com/list/wGthVY

Know a guy who wants a cheap gaymen PC.

Will that suffice ? Seems to be the best I can do around 500 or 550.

Says he'll likely get an SSD later.

>7600k
>current year
No, it's not good at all. Read the OP, do some actual research instead of just throwing random parts together, and then try again.

The stock cooler comes with thermal paste pre-applied, yes.

What do you guys think about purchasing used PCs?

what are you gonna use it for? for gaymen, forget it.

but for other tasks, i guess just ensure that there are no hidden defects whatsoever.

the last time I was here I asked for advice about graphics cards and I was told to not even bother with the 1060 3GB, but now I see in the sticky that it is recommended. Why the change? And is it really worth it? I am somewhat on a budget and it does look enticing....

>Why the change?
Because OP is a faggot. 3GB of VRAM is insufficient for even some current games at 1080p/max settings, and the GPU itself is about 10% weaker than 1060 6GB. I'd advice either 6GB version or a 580 instead.

borrow a buddy's GPU?
alternatively, look at a video of how to flash your specific motherboard then follow the inputs exactly, leaving some time in between in case shit takes a little longer

Try looking into used 970s or 980, they are about the same performance if 1060 3 and 6 gigs respectively and cost much less. You can also try to buy a used 1060 but you're gonna spend at least 100$ more for about the same performance, you get a newer card though wich is nice.

>gaming pro
no, that's the worst one

consider upgrading to 580 4gb/8gb, 1060 6gb
consider upgrading to 16 gigs of ram

pcpartpicker.com/list/cz6LtJ
if you wanna save 15 bucks, get pcpartpicker.com/product/VKdFf7/team-dark-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tdged416g3000hc16cdc01 instead

I'm pretty sure they don't want to budget for a 1060 6gb or a 580. That's quite a bit more. I think the guy mostly plays gta V at 1080p anyway.

I strayed from 16gb because ram prices

So how reasonable is choosing the G4560 if I'm on a pretty tight budget? (around 500-550 US dollarydoos)

16 gigs is 40/55$ more depending on which you get
8 gigs of ddr4 isn't going to drop to 50$ dude
and even if it did, apparently ryzen doesn't like it when you fill all the slots, so you'd have to buy a 2x8gb kit or deal with 2333mhz

>I'm pretty sure they don't want to budget for a 1060 6gb or a 580. That's quite a bit more.
that'll make the build not need upgrades for like 5 years, whereas I expect the 1050ti will need one in about 2-3

>2 core
stop this meme

I'd like to buy a 2 TB HDD
Which is better? Green Seagate or Blue WD?

S T O P
T
O
P

is there any reason to get a b350m Ryzen mobo over a A320m if I don't plan to overclock?

theres' no way I'll make something similar or better to this for $500, right?

Is that what they're charging?

Question: What do I have to consider to make a new build pretty silent?

Can I use whatever I want and replace the fans or are there any other tricks?

for black friday special, yeah

Big heatsink, high-efficiency PSU, aftermarket GPU cooler with big, slow fans.

Off the top of my head... Cheap psu+case+mobo = $120, R3 1200 = $120 1060 3GB = $200 8GB RAM = $70 HDD = $50

So yeah, if you don't mind having shit-tier MOBO and PSU, that's a good deal.

> and dry 100%
Rinse the board with fresh tap water, then metho. Metho displaces water, board dries in minutes, though a touch with a heatgun doesn't hurt. Biggest point here is rinsing out the minerals left from the tap water, which can be conductive under the right circumstance.

> t. I pressure wash my electronics then rinse them with metho for dem clean technologies

Nah, you're not going to beat that for $500. That said, OEMs tend to cheap out on the most critical components. Make sure the warranty covers PSU and motherboard failure.

..and yes, remove any batteries before you kick off.

What's the difference between OEM and BOX editions of CPUs? No fan?

>What do I have to consider to make a new build pretty silent?
Depends on how much money you're willing to pay for silence. Case is pretty important, you're probably going to want a high-efficiency PSU with semi-passive mode(so the fan won't even turn on until it needs to), the GPU and CPU coolers(and not just their fans) are important as well.

if one did thing like this to his motherboard and then dry it would it work ?

Is this an okay way to apply thermal paste?

I'm picking out a new PC and I've just been struck by a question: do new videocards still support VGA output? I'm planning to use it with a VGA monitor.

Got a budget of £700 ($900~)

1080p Gaming (60+fps if possible)
Streaming (so as good a CPU as can be budgeted to account for encoding)

Much love to the first man to help

Amazing, thank you a lot!

I can add a HHD later, prefer an SSD to start with. Got a screen and a OEM copy of W7pro64 also.

we already discussed that build is fucking shit

1060 6gb/rx 580 8gb
8/16 gb 2800/3000/3200 RAM
1200/1600/8350k/8400
if intel, a basic noctua cooler
128/250 gb 850 EVO SSD & 1/2tb HDD

actually I missed the streaming part so skip the 1200 & 8350k and add 8600k

R5 1600
Any B350 Mobo (Pro4 if you can't chose)
1060 6gb
240gb ssd
16gb 3000mhz ram
Whatever case you like

RX 460 or GTX 1050?

you fags excited about PC Building Simulator?

Also theres already an active thread

1050 is way better than the 460, slightly better than the 560

who's the faggot that keeps changing the subject? no wonder no one is using it

>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
A-are you telling me that if I plug an HDD with Win7 on it into a new Ryzen build it won't work?

Great stuff chaps, thanks.

50 dollars on top of over 100 for the better gpus and then ideally more for a cpu as well. I doubt they'll go for it. They said 600 was max but they wanted less.

so i upgraded my motherboard to a z370 for the new i5, new gpu 1080 and ram.

my pc booted with my already installed windows 10 and when trying to activate it with my ms account its says servers are down. tried it 10+ times with no result. my windows 10 got updated from a pirated windows 7. would this be the reason?

annyway im going to trie the kmspico crack later this day. that worked easy for my office 2013.

>1060
>144 hz

how do you figure lol

Whats the best ATX case for less than $50?

I want to turn my server into a router with pfsense. It only has one Ethernet port, though. If I plopped in a PCIe Ethernet port, would pfsense with with that?

Please no 'maybe', it's not helpful.

>G4560/G4600

If I have a freesync monitor, is it worth it getting a RX 580 over a 6GB 1060?

Yes. The prices aren't all THAT inflated any more, anyway.

Yes you retard, fill up all your free lanes with cheap tplink nics

Nothing is cheaper

Yes, head to head the 580 is superior in everything except power consumption, but even then its not that bad. There are a shit load of situations that the 580 is better (not just games) and virtually none for the 1060 except for a handful of games.

The best 580s are cheaper than the mid range 1060s right now

What, fullsized? I think you're better off getting a used higher end case. My friend bought a Corsair 500r for $50 a little while ago. People are willing to let go of cases cheaply.

And psus.

>570
Not thanks to miners.
You either get 1050 Ti or jump straight to 1060.

Oops

Thanks, I'll probably go for the GIGABYTE RX 580 since it's the cheapest one I can find right now. I've heard some good things about the Sapphire Nitro version too

>memeing people into buying a dual core cpu in current year
It is a cruel meme.

Theyre the same price where i am, idk about usa

Ive got a sapphire nitro+ it was over hyped for me. The fans are a little louder than i would have liked but theyre not actually that loud. When you run fantest they go louder than they ever do when gaming. I love that at idle they just stop spinning. Paired with my d15 its like my pc isnt even on. So quiet that i discovered my monitor has coil whine.

For poorfags and old people its a great choice. Chuck a pentium on a mitx board that has wifi and youll blow them away.

Some websites are already starting pre black Friday sales, the deals aren't as good as I was hoping, even if they do go down more on the actual Friday. I think I was expecting too much.

No. Poorfags should either get a used computer or an apu.
Poorfags will not buy a dedicated gpu.

A pentium is an apu you fuckhead

>implying its shitty intel integrated graphics count for anything
You can buy a quad core apu with better integrated gpu for the same money

No, it's not. Just like AMD CPUs don't have HT, Intel CPUs aren't APUs.

Black Friday has sucked donkey schlong the last couple of years.

Yup, grandma needs Radeon graphics ™ for checking email and reading Yahoo news.

I happen to be an expert on this subject. The procedure would go like this:

>remove heatsinks and thermal pads on the mobo
>remove cmos battery
>wash the board in a bucket with distilled water and dishwashing liquid, use a brush like in OP's image (the cheaper the dishwashing liquid, the better, it means less impurities in the form of fragances and such)
>DON'T use tap water, no need to and it will mix worse with the dishwashing liquid resulting in less cleaning
>after cleaning properly remove all the soapy solution with clear distilled water
>once it's pristine, put in the oven at about 60ºC
>leave it there for 30 minutes
>put it out and let it go back to ambient temperature
>done, remount thermal pads and heatsinks
>don't use methanol it will dissolve some plastics, fuck with paint and/or dissolve the protective laquer on the pcb

Grandmas need cheap silent low power consumption computers that can run their tv shows, facebook video games, skype and similar shit.
Poorfags need something like A8 7600 because they can build a computer to play lol or some similar shit with around $200.

No, you should do it in a straight line like pic related.

Explain to them that $100 will save them another $500-700 in 5 years.

what cpu and ram i get pls help
-glueless