Computer speakers

What are good pc speaker options around the 100-200 range? Are the Klipsch Pro Media good for the price?

yes.

Anyone else? How would the Klipsch compare to these? They are well rated, but I don't know if amazon ratings are to be trusted.

PC speakers suck ass.

Do I have any alternative in that price range?

250 gets you a pair if lsr305s which will sound better than anything in that price range by a mile
Save up

Hehe, whatever happened to good ol Surround Gaming? Used to have these babies setup in a spare room along with a dedicated gaming pc (Still got the speakers & gaming pc in storage). Don't let the small size fool you, these puppies sounded great combined with a SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, clean,pure sound without having to crank it up hardly at all.

Do I need something else to connect them to my pc?

Was thinking of getting a cheapo logitech 5.1 system, but I don't really have a good place to put the rear speakers, so a 2.0 or 2.1 system seems to be the only reasonable option for me.

I don't know, but I have these ones. I like them.

Those Klipsch are one of the highest rated/recommended ones in the price range, I almost bought them a few years ago but instead went with the Edifier S330D, they are also quite good for the price (around 150-200 USD I think) and have SPDIF as well as analog inputs. I haven't heard both to compare but I've never regretted buying the Edifiers.

Don't recommend buying them used. I bought a pair and the transformer had broken loose and smashed everything to hell.

I've found the durability of the Logitech speakers are not the best. They always break a fuse or have solder joints come loose.

I suggest getting a set of studio monitors from the local music store.

They're all shit. Try getting a pair of studio monitors and dont look back.

Best bookshelf speakers $600 or under? I listen to mostly techno and ambient music. Would prefer speakers that sound good enough without a sub

>Would prefer speakers that sound good enough without a sub
>bookshelf

It's hard

unironically, this desu. you can usually find them super cheap at best buy for black friday.

I've run through two sets of klipsch promedia because of the chink power supply they use

The pro media's if you just wanna save yourself a head ache. But basically spending cash on a nice pair of bookshelf speakers is the way to go. Hell you can even skip bass with some pairs. Just gotta spend some, or find nice ones at Goodwill by chance.

I have these speakers and they are great.

I have those speakers in OPs pic.
They are probably the best in the $120 range.