Chrome popularity

Everyone I know uses Chrome.
If Chrome is not your main browser, can you please tell me why it isn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/750vsm/firefox_devs_discussing_how_to_secretly_sneak_the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

memory leaks

I don't know you so I can't use chrome.

Because it consumes more RAM than you do carbs

I've been using firefox since 2.5 and I'm comfortable with it to this day. 57 is a nice upgrade in speed but I'll miss some of the more obscure addons that haven't been ported.

I'm a ramlet, so seamonkey just do it better for me.

>speed is same as firefox in real world world usage for me
>firefox give way more options in customizing the look
>firefox gives you way more control with about:config
>firefox gives you the option for privacy without having to recompile every update without google blobs

Enjoy your botnet shill

Firefox respects my freedom.
t. probably has a fuckton of botnet shit installed anyways

(((Google))) botnet

grew up with firefox and it's (back then) incredibly flexible customizbility even out of the box
when chrome nagging appeared it looked fishy, reminded me of those bundled softwares, and even started appearing there
as firefox got worse I learnt the joy of plugins
right now only thing keeping me on this shitty, decadent browser is knowing that everything else is worse either because they made it braindead-retarded no control or customization, uglier, a botnet, or some fork with barely a single autist developing it and miles behind everyone else; plus having to learn to use that when re-learning firefox is faster
I beg for the sweet release of death

lol sure it does

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/750vsm/firefox_devs_discussing_how_to_secretly_sneak_the/

Vivaldi has functions you can't find in any other browser, not even with extensions. I grew fond of those features. All other browsers are focusing on simplicity and cutting away things. I share Vivaldi's view, browsers should have features, customizing and options.

because i prefer Chromium

Because I don't trust a browser made by an advertising company.

>announced
>shit pops up in your face when you launch the browser in private mode
Also, your beef is with Google, not the Mozilla Foundation.

>github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
I'm not seeing any tracking.

Then why trust Firefox? Mozilla gets 99% of their funds from Google

Google has different motives. Like collect and sell your data. They make profit. Firefox is a non-profit.

Garbage UI.

i dont like google
chrome has weird scrolling

I use uc browser.

Google is not a bot net.

I only would use FOSS browsers
and Firefox is the only proper one, by any stretch

No RSS reader. Not customizable like FF.

FF actually remembers urls/sites/headers that I visit so I can easily return to a site should I forget the link.

5+ years Chrome user, just switched to Firefox. I prefer Mozilla's business model and privacy mission and Quantum has put them neck to neck with if not beyond Chrome. No complaints at the moment.

>reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/750vsm/firefox_devs_discussing_how_to_secretly_sneak_the/

Even though it affected only 1% of germans thats still sneaky. But the point is you still have the option to disable it.

>le cliqz meme
Anyone who gave a single shit about their privacy would uncheck the "allow studies" box first thing.

You also have the option of disabling telemetry in Windows 10

>A botnet is a group of computers connected in a coordinated fashion for malicious purposes. Each computer in a botnet is called a bot. These bots form a network of compromised computers, which is controlled by a third party and used to transmit malware or spam, or to launch attacks.

chrome is not a botnet

I don't know about you but I've looked through my firewall logs and have not had one unwanted connection

get with the times grandpa

more malware on chrome since lots of people use it

dont like the look

not enough buttons

It's my main browser. Used to use Firefox but hated the fact that videos froze when I hovered my mouse over them, tried several fixes and switched.

Haven't had any problems with chrome other than not allowing me to download my own files I created because (I forget the exact message) "this file is dangerous".

Even turning off the option to protect against malicious files doesn't work, only workaround is Firefox.

So for me each browser has one major pitfall, just can't decide which one I dislike more.

>each browser has one major pitfall, just can't decide which one I dislike more
/thread

So, spying on you isn't malicious behavior?

I'm to hecking lazy to reinstall it

I wish there were a company making a high quality and extensible web browser with an honest pay-for business model One time buy, per version, or per yer would be fine with me. No idealism. No bullshit. No telemetry or targeted advertisements. No horrible memory leaks or inexpliciable GPU usage. YOU JUST PAY THE DEVELOPER FOR THE PRODUCT YOU WANT. Holy shit, I wish it were so simple!

i use because for me its faster than firefox. firefox starts to lag and freeze up when i open 10+ tabs, chrome/chromium has no problem handling that many tabs open.

i value my privacy and chrome also has subpar customization options

if you aren't out of memory, you are probably choking the disk. chrome does seem to use the disk less often and instead just takes up a fuckload of memory that it never gives back to the os

this might help for speed
browser.cache.disk.enable false
browser.cache.disk.enable true

woah, I'm an idiot.
browser.cache.disk.enable false
browser.cache.memory.enable true

What features does it have that for example Opera doesn't?

Their tax-exempt status is only important to the IRS you fucking shill.

Google's income doesn't depend on Chrome. Meanwhile Mozilla's only asset are their browser users, so naturally they will come up with more ways to get money out of them, like sending all their browsing history to """a partner""".

I like Opera integrated VPN.

>too poor to pay for a proper fast vpn.

It's uncomfortable with AdNauseam. I don't use Palemoon, either.

No vertical tabs

Firefox has been serving me well for years. Why change?

Tree Tabs is the only ting that stops me from using chrome

I can never go back to horizontal tabs anymore

botnet

because it's shit, feels like shit
firefox feels comfy

i don't blame you though, what do you know about browsing experience, kek

Chrome use directwhite for font rendering and it's absolutely abysmal for your eyes. I prefer Firefox.

Closed sourced, mainly. FOSS alternative firefox does the job damn good for me so I got no reason to move.

t. user of firefox since 3.x.x

1. Tab-stacking
2. Tab-tiling.
3. Fast-commands.
4. Web-panels.

And the list probably goes on. but that's what comes to mind right now. BIG difference.

Is it worth switching from Chrome to WaterFox?

I prefer Chrome, especially with the "smooth scrolling" turned off

The one exception is my cheapo Win10 tablet with only 1gb ram. Edge is much more pleasant to use

>learn chrome
>relearn firefox

Dude. It's a fucking browser.
Tipe the address, press enter and close when finished. That's it.

looks like shit

At work if I leave chrome open overnight at work, it's crashed when i come back in the morning.
That + botnet, enough reason to not use it.

kinda blurry text rendering compared to FireFox

Chrome spys on you

"AW LE SNAP :^)"

That's why.

>using the smiley with the carat nose

I stopped using Chrome almost 2 years ago after almost 4 years of use. Why? Well it's a long story.

It was 3AM on a Sunday morning sometime in August 2015. I'd been browsing a few "specialized" websites that I used only infrequently but on a semi-regular basis. I remember taking another swig from my Fiji water bottle then getting up to crash on my bed. But just before I was about to turn around to leave I noticed a funny flashing notification on my screen.

I sat back down and clicked the box. My desktop wallpaper faded to black, the colors of my icons drained away to monochrome and the icons in each opened Chrome tab changed to a red cross, one by one, left to right. The opened tab displayed only a frowning face, followed by words seemingly hand-typed letter by letter at a crawling pace.

"We know what you see."

I sat motionless for a good 10 seconds examining the screen. Was this malware? It seemed very unusual, aberrant. I'd deal with it tomorrow. Still unnerved, I tapped the power button on my case and got up again to head to bed, grabbing my Fiji water bottle. Upon reaching my bedroom I flicked off the light switch, put my bottle on the night stand and flopped onto my bed in the pitch black darkness.

I had just begun drifting off when my phone buzzed, the screen blasting my ceiling with LED glare. I reached over, grabbed it and checked. A reminder?

"We see what you see."

I blinked, dumbfounded. What the fuck was this? Not sooner had those words went through my head I heard the noise of my PC fans fire up. I got up, and flicked the light back on. What was going on? Placing my phone back on the nightstand I noticed my bottle flipped awkwardly on it's side with a prominent, dark, almost sooty handprint smeared over the label.

.....TO BE CONTINUED?

I almost transitioned to Firefox now that they've updated it to be faster and especially now that they modernized the ugly design. But I've read some articles that compared their speed in benchmarks and Chrome is still faster. I also realized that every extension I would use is available on Chrome anyway, so there goes that.
But if they made it faster than (or at least about as fast as) Chrome, I'd switch immediately.

Because my main browser is Tor. fuck Jewgle

Googles business model requires them to make money. They are more likely to take and sell your data. and they do. Mozilla only gets donations and there has been no indication of them taking your data if you disable the proper options or even selling it.

You're basically admitting to being a pedophile when you say "I use Tor", unless you're a journalist in a war torn 3rd world country which I doubt you are.

chrome has the best debugger...

I can't tell a difference in speed. I do know firefox allows more UI customization and more control with about:config

Botnet.
The real question is, how the fuck did Chrome manage to become the most used browser, even beating IE?

I just moved to firfox because im a ramlet i have 4gb and having more than 10 tabs open in chrome caused significant slowdown on my machine

Awesome bar, I can type a few letters and get what I want with Firefox. Chrome's address bar sucks.

smartphones

>browser closes if I close the last tab
>no speed dial
I use Opera by the way

I’m trying a few major ones out.

I’m a webdev and a Macfag, so on the go I use Safari, plugged in and docked I use Chrome. But I’m testing out He new Firefox. Seems breddy good so far

I think Chrome is still the most used browser even without considering smartphones. Although I agree that smartphones definitely helped it.

If Google weren't the biggest search engine supplier by a large margin, chrome would not be this popular. Google offers stability and speed and that's enough for the average user. Not me though.

I think Firefox works better.
Besides that, it doesn't send all your data to the biggest advertising company in the world and it comes with basically every distro as the default browser.

The download bar at the bottom is in the way during download-fapsessions on *booru.
I don't know why they decided to design it like that.

There is a good extension for this.
"Chrone download manager"

I used Chrome as my main for a long time, I survived thanks to many extensions, but I no longer find it practical and nice to have tons of extensions in a browser. So I use Vivaldi now. Opera or Yandex could be optional if Vivaldi fails me.

Chrono or Chrome?

Because I never stopped using firefox and never had a reason to get chrome

Chrono, but you can try Chrome too. See which one you like the most.

All of them seem somewhat... flawed.
I mean, Chrome download manager is totally overdesigned and gives you notifcations for "a download is being started!" and "a download was canelled!.

Yeah no shit, I just started a download and now I'm choosing where to save the image you dumbfuck, I know.

Chrono download manager just looks ridiculous, but I guess it at least works.

How hard can it be to make something like Opera's or Firefox's download manager?

Most everyone is also a tech illiterate moron, ignorant to anti-user, anti-privacy practices. Makes sense they'd use Chrome, when Google shilled it across the web like malware for years.

Yes, the default download manager in chrome is the worst.
Chrome offers almost nothing, just basic. Rest is up to chrome store or your will to be a normie.

I mean the extensions. They are both flawed.

Chrono download manager at least has options to turn off some of the major annoyances (success sounds and messages and (((soecial media buttons))), but the design of the thing is still awful, it clashes with chrome's design, wastes space, is colorful when it shouldn't be and to open the download you don't have to double click the list item like you'd expect, but click the padding-less file name link.

Naaah.You know, I'm either staying with Firefox or maybe trying out Opera, which fixed this problem while still being Chrome in essence.

Non-customisable UI

unironically cannot do my banking through chrome, it works through firefox. Best part is this is a new problem, since i used chrome for 2-3 years.

i hate sheep because of chrome. just because it's by google, everyone thought it was awesome back in 2008 or whenever it was launched. it was consistently not fast and didn't have many features. even fucking firefail was better until it got slow as fuck.

Chrome::
Stability: 5/5
Speed: 5/5
Features: 1/5
Customizing: 1/5
Ease of use: 5/5
Interface: 4/5

Firefox::
Stability: 4/5
Speed: 4/5
Features: 3/5
Customizing: 5/5
Ease of use: 3/5

Vivaldi::
Stability: 3/5
Speed: 4/5
Features: 5/5
Customizing: 3/5
Ease of use: 2/5

Normies don't care about features and customizing, that's why everyone else uses it.

ease of use as in learning-curve of course.

>chrome has created a network of computers where google stalks and sends it's victims every action to google servers so their personal information can be sold and given to third parties without the victim's consent
>not a botnet

Firefox leaks more than OP's ass.
>150+ tabs session
>Chromium knows i only actively use small portion of those, uses swap for most tabs, 1.4G RAM with crapton of pdfs open+jewtube, starts up within two seconds
>decide to try ff57
>export session to ff
>4.2G RAM, takes almost a full minute to start
>keep both open overnight, playing jewtube in both
>wake up to ff eating almost 5G, chrome still sitting at 1.4G (swap increased by 200M)
I'd still use it just because userChrome.css, is there a way to close its asshole so it doesn't leak as much? I don't want to restart it every day because that bitch takes ages to load my session.

Tier 1: Vivaldi
Tier 2: Chrome/Chromium and Yandex
Tier 3: Safari
Tier 4: Firefox and Opera
Tier 5: Edge
Tier 6: Others

> Use too much memory
This is actually a good thing. It just means the browser is stronger and faster than the others. The memory is going somewhere after all and doing its job.