Real resolution graphic

Other urls found in this thread:

carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can someone make a graph where the display size is in inches but the viewing distance is in a readable format

ta

idk op but I got these 2

This looks more accurate

carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/
This guy use retina display definition which is wrong.

All of these are shit that don't list what they're based on or give any citation

Assuming your eyes are healthy and any refractive error is corrected, the peak resolution of the human visual system is incredibly high. Our cones and cells are placed organically and chaotically, not in a neat pixel grid, and micro-movements of our eyes allow dynamic resolution to significantly exceed static.

You need to go to truly obscene lengths to have a screen that can truly match it. I suggest you instead take a pragmatic approach. As higher resolutions become affordable, evaluate new displays and decide whether they are enough of an improvement over your current setup to justify the cost.

Some people are happy with SD, despite having perfectly fine eyesight. These people just don't care very much about high fidelity video. I used to find this hard to believe but it's really quite simple. There are plenty of things I don't care about and which others are connoisseurs of.

seems like is closest to "human eye resolution". Apparently I need a 16K, 40" at 10 feet away for 400pixels/degree resoution.

I wish these had more appropriate distances for the viewing distance.

Who the fuck is using a monitor from 5ft away? And that's the SMALLEST marked unit on the graph. Even the half mark is 2.5ft and easily twice as far as most people sit from their screen. How about showing the distance in inches/cm from 15 inches away all the way to 3ft away.

THAT would be useful.

Graph had TVs in mind, not monitors.

I know, but why does nobody ever make graphs for monitors? I haven't seen a SINGLE one.

I don't even own a TV. The only screen in my house is my monitor.

Because monitor distance is usually fixed around 2-3 feet ergonomically and these graphs are about seating distance.

So you're saying I'll probably need 8K plus for my computer? Jogs my nog.

i tried

Nigga - you stand 35 feet from a 40inch TV and tell me you can the difference between 720p and 1080p.

All you have done is pick the highest angular resolution on the scale without any thought as to why. 400 px/deg is only marginally better than 90 px/degree, which is 4x less resolution.

This is the real value point.

I meant 100px is the value point.

>All you have done is pick the highest angular resolution on the scale without any thought as to why.

Are you blind? The source is right in the picture.

I trust Nippon over your anecdotal and unreferenced values.

>feet
>inches
DATA DISCARDED

is 27" 1440p a good idea if i want to avoid using scaling? dell ultrasharp, in particular
currently on 24" 1080, wouldn't bother to upgrade, but i have some cheap asus display and the overall image quality is horrible

>higher than 16k

okay brb ....ohh wait

My next monitor will be probably 2K IPS. Fuck if I'm spending 300 dollars on a goddamn monitor.