Bought a new build, already regret it

Bought a new build, already regret it.

Never in my life have i spent 1800$ on a build, first time buying anything PC related in years. How do i wash away the guilt?

I haven't even bought my girlfriend an Xmas present yet.

Fuck me OP why blow monies on so much ram with a bottleneck gpu

I mean, nice build good sir.

I wanted a better GPU but then it would go WAY over my budget.

>Monitor is a meme
>Your board is nice
>Your ram is nice
>Your GPU is shit
>Your fan is nice
>Your CPU is great
Where's your power supply? Also the 1060 will be okay for a while but be sure to upgrade.

I would have dialed back the processor to an i5 for a few hundred more on the GPU, but seeing as you have settled on a 1080p monitor, the 1060 willl be more than enough.

Not a bad build dude, you got some decent stuff to build upon in the future. Your upgrade path basically relies on a new monitor and GPU, which are two things that suck to buy right now since we have high refresh monitors and volta around the corner.

Cheer up. Get the girl some chocolate. Bitches love chocolate.

>already regret it
>1060 with 8700K

Of course you should. You should get around 1070.

(1080 is a waste of money.)

High refresh 4k monitors. You get my point.

I heard nothing but good things about the monitor, my perfect size (24inch) as well as 1080p, 144hz, and 1ms.

For the price, it's pretty damn good.

As for the 1060, i think for myself it will be fine since i don't have the need to max games out, but in a few months time I'll probably sell it and buy myself another card.

Monitor I'll end up keeping.

Also i already have PSU, SSD, HD etc.. in my current PC I'll re-use.

should have went ryzen
enjoy getting ur machine btfo'd as soon as they figure out how to take advantage of all intel cpus via internet instead of usb

>144hz a meme
can tell you have never laid eyes on one

>16gb
>$200
Fucking kek

I currently have an 6600k with a gtx 1060 6gb. It crushes 1080p. To get it under 60 in fallout 4 I need to have some serious shenaniggans going on in the screen. The refresh in your monitor is quite a positive thing. I don't know if it's IPS, but either way seems like a decent monitor.

For my next upgrade I'm adding a cheap 27' ips 4k monitor just because I wanna try a higher res for daily use, even if the gtx 1060 can't really do 4k. Although I've seen people playing 1440p with one and it was manageable with some limitations.

I'm not jumping on the 1080ti bandwagon just yet because as of now it's mostly too late. In a matter of months they will probably release something completely balls to the wall at 4k, it might be better to just hold on to the 1060 for a bit longer.

>girlfriend
>my
>"the girl"
>implying

yeah what the fuck is going on with ram prices? why does it keep going up and up?

Come on dude, some random user opens his chest in front of you with some shananay build and the first thing you do is poke holes at the poorly made up gf story.

Have some heart. It's almost christmas and shiet.

>Buys shitty monitor
Should have bought amd and spent saved money for better monitor.
I would be upset too.

I remember when i bought my first 8gb of ddr4 for 50€ and thought that it was a rip off.

Then I bought the second stick 5 months later for 80€

Now they are worth 200€

>My current computer is going to be 7 years old next month
>Order an upgrade yesterday
>Feel guilty
I... I don't understand. I've been saving money so long for this.
Now that I'm finally going to get it... I feel guilty?

It's the only bad part about online shopping, you don't get inmediate gratification, leaving only the sensation of sacrifice. It will pass, young one.

>RAM
>$200
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i would rather have better colours.

colors

>all these niggers posting

ops build alone is better then 90% of the builds posted on here....lol

I have a modest 50k in the bank. No debts.
PC: AMD FX-6300
Phone: Moto G1

it's correct, yank.

Let's reminisce boys.

>2133

lol at least op had the decency to buy quality ram at 3000

>144 hz monitor with a 1060
Lololol.

color

I'll watercool it for them sweet ram speed gains.
Ramlets. WWTEL

>t. consumerist brainlet

>$1800 build
>8700k
>1060
>144Hz monitor

You better have some kind of professional use for that CPU.

1060 has no problem eating up 1080p 144hz, medium to high in most games. Even very high in a few AAA titles.

It's mainly for CSGO and cs 1.6

>Not going full 240 with side wings
>making it

>Intel
KEK
regret is definitely expected
good luck buying another mobo+cpu to stay top tier.
>GTX 1060 SFF
it could have been a 1070 if youre not a shill

>wings on a monitor

So cancel all the orders and save your money. The best games run on old shit hardware anyway.

>$1800
>1060

Is this a joke?

not bad for a lan party

But waiiiiiiiiiiitttttt

There is moooooreeee

It has a remote for different modes!!!!!

You can have preset monitor configurations at the reach of the hand, for them extreme game changing situations.

>He doesn't use the pizza boxes

yea no psu OR case.
he may be indenting to use an old psu and case.

Whats the issue?

who gives a fuck when it is, stick to the "shananay" build and stop trying to drag in a made up "gf"

>all these amd cucks

8700k is a glorious cpu

yo wtf I have that ram but in 15-15-15-35, I paid 250 a few months ago and now its 400.
why are ram prices fucked?

op cancel the order of your fucking cpu and get an amd cpu

just the cpu?
he will need a new motherboard and maybe a new heatsink aswell.

You just don't get it. He wasn't trying to give sincere advice. He just wanted his tears.

No' amd is not a better choise for the money! Their cpus are very weak, power hungry and they are not realy worth it.
Intel gives better performance per core and with all cores for the same or even less money than an equal amd

Op here, sticking with the build. Will be testing the 1060 and see what happens. If it's shit as you all say ill buy a 1070 and sell it

>price now 600 on amazon for a 8700k

What the fuck

>Gets an extremely hot gpu
>Gets an air cooler

not even my 1080ti can 144 in some games

why is 144 so hard on a card? Autism here

I dont understand

Dont regret it, just enjoy it. You buy a new PC a few times in your life. So go for it, dont cry and fucking enjoy it as much as you can

What I do to avoid this feeling is I go in-store and collect my PC parts, one time I had to walk home witha full computers worth of parts on the bus and train like a moron but I tell you what the instant satisfaction I got was worth it, more than any online shopping

$200 for 16 gigs of ram, when's it gonna stop?

Not anytime soon. Proce will be going all the way up before it drops.

>tfw bought 16gb of ram for 80 bucks on agust 2015
>christmas 2015 prices doubled never went back down