Why did all mainstream reviewers shit ln OnePlus for using a Pentile AMOLED panel but Apple gets a free pass?

Why did all mainstream reviewers shit ln OnePlus for using a Pentile AMOLED panel but Apple gets a free pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2014/08/29/seeing-through-the-illusion-understanding-apples-mastery-of-the-media/
engadget.com/2013/02/08/apple-hires-senior-oled-researcher-away-from-lg-display/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prolific_inventors
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty sure you could generate a list like that for Samsung, Microsoft and Google as well.
It says nothing for the veracity of the items on the list. They could be manufactured by fanbois as far as we know.

Target demographics.

Also, if you don't want Pentile, you've the iPhone 8.

Apple has an especially large cult because it costs more so it has to be better and people who buy it can't admit they wasted money so they justify it every way they can

>there hasn't been a proper RGB-stripe OLED-screen since 2011
sadpepe.jpg

Nobody is as petty about this shit as applel.

the same reason they shit on sony compact series 720p resolution on a 4,6" but they love sucking apple cock for their 750p resolution on a 4,7" screen.

like the galaxy s5 with pentile and similar ppi to the iphone x looked like shit in terms of sharpness, so considering apple uses a samsung screen with the exact same everything why are people saying they don't notice the pixelation?

are they really just paid off shills? how can people have so little integrity.

cuz Stone Cold said so bitch

Tbf I've never heard anyone complaining about Galaxies having a pentile.
But also tbf they're over 550ppi, so you can't tell even from up close.

Pentile doesn't matter when it's at a high PPI. iPhone X, S8, note 8 all have a high enough ppi for it to not be noticeable. The OnePlus 5 is only 1080p, and it is very noticeable on it.

>hehe, of course I'm ok with paying $1000 for a subpar-display. who needs three subpixels per pixel anyway!?

how's HDR looking with that shittier-pentile-crap anyway?

Better than IPS LCD.

Pentile isn't noticeable at 720p.

They are worse, they are free of charge shills.

If a reviewer doesn't have the iPhone at launch, they're losing out on a ton of clicks/views for their site or youtube channel. That unbox therapy dude had this happen, though he went and bought the phone anyway.

Yes it is, it was extremely noticeable when I used my old s3.

FUD fanboys apple spread pentile FUD until Apple use OLED, over 2013 OLED become superior screen tech.

Just fuck my shit up fampai.

Apple don't reduce price products over the year,making people buy it after date release,making news site get a lot traffic $$$$$ if get review units.

9to5mac.com/2014/08/29/seeing-through-the-illusion-understanding-apples-mastery-of-the-media/

>how's HDR looking with that shittier-pentile-crap anyway?
The same as on all the AMOLED phones, pentile. I think LG's OLED phones use more blue sub pixels than green which is weird.

At this point I think the only mobile devices to use OLED screens with proper RGB sub pixels were the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the first generation of the Playstation Vita.

>considering apple uses a samsung screen with the exact same everything
>uses a samsung screen

When will this meme end? They have repeatedly said that they designed the panel themselves, and just had samsung manufacturer it. Not only that, but it undeniably looks good in person. And that's coming from a lifelong android user.

I know its easy to hate on apple because "hurrr muh shiny", but why deny reality? They designed a fantastic looking display. If anything, I hope this makes the otherwise incompetent android OEMs give an actual shit next year about display quality.

apple "designed" the look but samsung puts all the technology and work into making the screen a reality. if Apple went with LG then you know you would get a crappy display.

Depend about means design.
Like AMD design graphics chips to Intel or Apple design SoC.

Apple lacks tech to build own design OLED.

engadget.com/2013/02/08/apple-hires-senior-oled-researcher-away-from-lg-display/

They have literally been working on OLED tech for years. Just because they don't actually fab the parts doesn't mean that they aren't using their own designs. And as is the case with all displays, a huge amount of what makes it look good comes from calibration and tuning. And apple certainly did that themselves.

Why would we deny that the screen looks better? I mean, all it does is make android users look like petulant children. If apple put out a better display, fucking good on them. I hope that drives competition.

>a huge amount of what makes it look good comes from calibration and tuning. And apple certainly did that themselves.

Well tuning display =! Own design.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prolific_inventors

Design and fabrication display begins together TFT,film,chemistry OLED need a lot patent in design and fabric,Apple could get nice configuration from OLED Samsung but will need a lot patent just to begin able create own design.

Ok, you are just scraping the barrel for pedantic bullshit at this point, so I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread. Feel free to believe you "won" or whatever. Keep living that lie, user.

>use more blue sub pixels than green which is weird.
they use more blue sub pixels because blue pixels burn out sooner so a larger blue pixel area can be dimmer and live longer.