/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtube.com/watch?v=kCVS_1EnRkg

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rolexmagazine.com/2009/05/rolex-macro-shot-of-day-black-dial.html
solidswiss.cd/assembly/
rolexmagazine.com/2009/06/rolex-macro-shot-of-day-lv-macro-magic.html
rolexpassionreport.com/8799/look-inside-the-new-rolex-manufacture-in-bienne/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just to remind the omega hater what a big autistic failure he is :^)

Anyone have experience with this? 200-250$ new. Worth it?

Does anyone know if the Seiko Titanium is made out of titanium? Or if it only has titanium accents and a misleading name

the case is indeed titanium.

This looks cool but will probably feel like a headache trying to read in practice.

Ok I looked at it for long enough, why is it so fucked up? What am I missing?

the blue dial looks like booty imo. White is much better

look it up on youtube. Really neat shit that youve gotta watch imo

The minute track rushes with the hour hand. In other words, the minute hand and the hour hand always line up at the top of the hour. The time in Is 9:25

Here is some pleb tier shitter I found in a parking lot that was still moving but had no glass and was incapable of actually keeping time. I took it home to have a laugh. Check out the tiny movement, it has NO jewels! Isn't that something?
Fucc

Boctok stronk.

Did seiko fix the fucking alignment problems on the turtle?
Also is it possible to buy the black ones on a bracelet yet?

the small dial around moves exactly with the hours hand so the minutes and hours hands are always perfectly superimposted. Hard to read but really neat

>diamonds on man's watch
Must be a nigger.

Well, the one's without is impossible to get hold off, and this is basically one of few day-date homages out there

>little white boy is so effeminate so he can't pull of diamonds in watches

poor little white boy

The version with decent indices is better.

Lel, basically a modern Calatrava.

Can you tell me more about the Seiko Titanium I have pictured? Approximately when was it made, what kind of quartz movement is in it? Is it higher or lower end than the Seiko Spirit to it's right?

>decent indices

Where do I get one? Haven't found them

I have no idea where you can buy them I assume they will pop up on WUS or something eventually.

>cringe at pic
>reverse image search
>confirmed

Welp, there goes that illusion.

Are Grand Seikos the only watches around ~5k that actually finish their indices and hands?

Since you mentioned hand finishing, see pic related. Seiko might be the largest manufacturer that does not outsource hand production (please correct me if I am off the mark). Definitely one of them.

I am 100% certain you will not find burred or chattered edges anywhere on that fucking dial, unlike on Rolexes or Omegas and the like.

Too bad GS designs don't really speak to me.

Literally a rep. You are as bad as the omega haters you claim to hate.

I mean just look at pic related.
Holy jesus fuck.

It's not a replica.

For those that doubt this is a rep and think this unironically pic related. Literally the first result on reverse search. 5k Rolex > 5k Seiko
Kys it's literally a product advert pic
solidswiss.cd/assembly/

The guy who took that shot is Jake Ehrlich of Rolexmagazine.com.
The watch in that pic is Eduardo Raffaelli's Rolex Daytona.

OF FUCKING COURSE a replica site is going to post pics of actual Rolexes to make their shit look better.

Pic related is also a pic posted on that "solidswiss" replica page, and it was also lifted from Rolexmagazine.com, see rolexmagazine.com/2009/06/rolex-macro-shot-of-day-lv-macro-magic.html

>no the first and original source isntbthe source
>make it look better even though it's a shit pic of manufacturing defects
Yeah no.

>swiss morons will defend this

>swiss morons will defend this too

>pay thousands of dollars to mountain jews to buy defective watches

Another pic from that replica site, ostensibly showing their workplace.

This pic ist's literally an actual Rolex facility in Bienne.
See rolexpassionreport.com/8799/look-inside-the-new-rolex-manufacture-in-bienne/
Scroll down a little, that literal pic is in there.

You are a retard.

This.

>posting stock images and secondhand images from rep sites

SAD!

I literally went through every one if his pics on that site and that one didn't surface at all.
>reverse image search shows removed images
Literally nothing.
Inexcusable
Yes that is a pic that isn't theirs but the replica in question isn't a pic from Jake Ehrlich

>make it look better even though it's a shit pic of manufacturing defects
They posted that pic next to the paragraph about lacquer.
Their replicas' lacquer looks nothing like actual Rolex lacquer, so they simply stole a pic of an actual Rolex to promote their shitty replicas.

You fell for one of THE most obvious scams you could imagine. Jesus christ.

Here's a pic of a bridge I made and own, wanna buy it?

>I literally went through every one if his pics on that site and that one didn't surface at all.
>the replica in question isn't a pic from Jake Ehrlich
I literally posted the link to the pic on Rolexmagazine.com.

See Are you having brain damage right now?

>swiss morons will defend this

the rolex pic is real. And that other rolex had fucked lume

what model number is the bridge? Looks nice. Sweet finishing on the sides of it too.
price?

50,000 dollars US my friend.
But for you my friend I make special price my friend: 50 dollars US my friend.

Nice replica bridge. Says golden but it clearly isnt made of gold. You can tell by the color.

It's not his image the original is literally from a replica site. He posted it but it isn't his. Here is an image of a building I built want to rent it? It must be my building since I posted it.

What the fuck? Jake Ehrlich took the picture dude.

Jesus even reverse image search the image they posted and thee first results are replica sites and their website is no where to be found.
Reverse image search the image before and after that one and they are an actual result. Makes me think about how it's then when it isn't their image.

No it's mine and 100% original. Otherwise I couldn't post it reverse search it and see how this post is a result on page 27 that's what makes it mine.

he's going to deny it to his grave because it ruins his comeback and the hater is revealed to be a clueless retard yet again

Screen shot the reverse image search if the image in their page. The first result is a rep site, second is a Russian rep site. The one after that was wiki for Rolex. Then was a couple of 4 Sup Forums threads. And then nothing. Clearly it was their image originally and not taken from somewhere else and then posted.

Buddy, that pic was made by Jake Ehrlich, and that is Eduardo's Rolex Daytona.

That replica site used another pic from Ehrlich's site, see and on the very same page the replica makers posted a pic of an actual Rolex facility trying to pass it off as theirs, see You are literal scambait.

it was photographed but fucking JOCKE and then posted by fucking JAKE EHRLICH.

You're being an idiot.

we've been through this

Rep sites used that pic, yes.

Replica sites use pics of genuine products all the fucking time, for obvious reasons.

google Jocke please. Then come back. It's a real image. Rolex is two steps above Omega but they cut corners too.

Sad state if the swiss watch industry because they are getting raped by Japs

Yes we have been through this. It's not either if their image. Search it yourselves. Oh that's right you have it it had the results I said it did and doesn't conform to your narrative.

>oh the pic that has zero hits for the website I said it does
>no it's 100% from there
I bet your the omega > Rolex cuck that thinks the speedy is better then the El Primero. I'm done because you have a legitimate mental retardation and I have had enough of you shitting up these threads, not a single (You) from me from here on out.

>arguing for zenith

just when you thought this troll couldn't go full retard

STOP FEEDING THE OMEGA TROLL

These pics are genuine Rolexes posted on Rolexmagazine.com

The links: rolexmagazine.com/2009/05/rolex-macro-shot-of-day-black-dial.html

Your entire argument rests on google image search being infallible, even though it can't even find those pics on rolexmagazine.com. Stop being a fucking moron.

There are two possible scenarios:
1) a replica site uses pics of actual Rolexes and actual Rolex facilities to promote their replicas
2) a well-known and respected Rolex website used pics of replicas and tried to pass them off as genuine, even coming up with the names of the owners

omega hater revealed to be a clueless google image armchair retard YET AGAIN

holy shit he doesn't know when to give up and kys for being such a moron.

The El Primero is objectively a better watch

Not when it comes to design though. Yuck.

Lol the El primero is a league above a speedy pro.

>Another thread ruined by brain damaged Seiko males engaging with trolls for hours thinking they have anything to "win"

Explain how the image that is 100% a real Rolex doesn't reverse image search to be from the site you claim it is. Makes me think how this image that is a replica is an actual real Rolex.
In design it is better. Though that's subjective point not objective.

>Explain how the image that is 100% a real Rolex doesn't reverse image search to be from the site you claim it is
Simple: reverse image search is a very fallible product.

>samefag trying to save his tattered ego after being BTFO. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD THREAD IN A ROW.

just kys dude

Oh let me search it again. Nope still no hits from the site that is claimed to be the original.

You should really let this go, user.

Google image search is not your friend.

How does that clear defect make it through the picture analysis that occurs when Rolex watches are adjusted in their cases? Oh that's right alarm bells literally ring. And that image source is not from the site it's claimed to be.
Yeah that's right it's a rep you mongaliod.

>microscopic lack of finishing
>"defect"
wew

>that image source is not from the site it's claimed to be.
Says who? Google image search? lmao

>this is where it's from
>oh you searched for it
>no image search is shit and always has been

It's not "shit", it's just not good enough to support your dumbass argument.

>it's not bad
>it's only bad enough to support my claims not yours

>shitposting and avatarfagging senselessly because he got absolutely shit on

stop. it's embarassing as this point. just accept you're a clueless retard who used to think he was an expert because he saw something in google image.

>you using tools available to prove me wrong
>no your jymusy a clueless retard

>this fucking thread

>he's afraid to quote now

the tools you used backfired on you horribly and showed you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

why did you leave that part out hmm.

>this thread I got proven wrong is fair discussion is senseless LALALALA

are you literally a kid? fuck off.

I'm not that fag, user. This thread is just plain autism.

>afraid to quote
I said no more (You)'s to retards.
Pic related is my totally real Rolex how do you like it?
Dont worry, if you reverse image search this it won't magically not include the source unlike your image that for some reason never returns the correct site according to you.

>my image search works fine
>yours is trash because I said so

>actual source is given settling all doubt.
>it's about the i-image search. deflect deflect deflect.

god you're such a dumb weasely fuck.

>no doubt
all there has been is doubt and your totally real as legit as that watch word
(not legit fyi)

lol image search isn't real. Open your eyes and look in a mirror lamo

You're having a mental breakdown.

Sure, you got assraped up the ass, but there's no need to go full mental, user.

>it's real even though every link related is an actual replica site or talking about replicas
One of us is having a breakdown and it isn't me.

But what about these links:

Haha show all the image results your just hiding the real results like a mountain jew.
Fucking brainless hiding the true results I know are true even if there is more proof against my word than for it.
Get a life.

>posted by
>this is shot and uploaded by
>no it only says posted by
>anyone can post anything like you have shown yourself
I have some YouTube channels with full movies posted that you might want to see. The ''Real movies in full" channel created inception did you know that? I mean they posted it so it must be theirs.

Posted by user (this imolies it's 100% his own image and not taken from anywhere else, if image search returns anything it's fake news because this is my own original thought, creation and image)

You have mental problems.

The Rolexmagazine.com website isn't trying to sell anything.
That replica site is.

My god, man.

>that replica site that is the only result
>nah it's actually this other website and it's 100% real and not a replica
This image is posted by me and is my own creation, I carved it with my hands and is all me. No one else was involved. Any results are fake this is the real and original source.