This was Apple's peak, prove me wrong

This was Apple's peak, prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1CgAKBf4bbU?t=52m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ywa_EynjC8
youtube.com/watch?v=_hnOCUkbix0
macworld.co.uk/news/mac/new-mac-pro-2018-latest-rumours-release-date-uk-price-features-specs-3536364/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTRT13hW5dGFpcAHLo2DcrywbUAl8KBmN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just a PC was Apples peak? I guess Apple was never relevant then. Sad.

From a design standpoint? You could argue that.
From a relevance standpoint? You'd have to be retarded to argue that.

>thinking that rehashing the same thing over and over makes a company relevant
>thinking that anything they do on a hardware level isn't already achieved for dirt cheap elsewhere
>implying all the innovations they claim to have made haven't already existed for decades
Get a load of this guy

Except of the placement of the power plug. I love a case like this. I would want a more modern version that is inspired by this one to build my custom PC, and maybe even run hackintosh on it.

haha funny xD

It was pretty fucking good. They can't go back to making something like it again because Ive has to be a special snowflake with every product design.

two Ethernet ports? why?

Old world peak: eMac
New world peak: MacBook 2007
Modern peak: MacBook Pro 2012

Then something happened and everything turned to shit

they fell for the "make it paper thin" meme just like most phone manufacturers

in late 2011 i was cashed up from helicopter work and bought a 256gb macbook air and 64gb iphone 4s... i still use them and post jobs its been just a slow gay trainwreck... my JB 6s will be my last iphone.. nothing but disdain for them

The funny part is that Tim Cook promised a redesign after finally admitting the trash can was trash, yet so far it's just sitting in limbo.

You are completely wrong.

pass through connection

Did that turn into the iMac Pro or is there something else in the works also?

I'm still using a 2008 Xeon Mac Pro that a lab threw away. Stuck a 980ti in it and 32 gb of server RAM. Despite the bottleneck and slow RAM, it can play whatever at 2560x1600. The dual Xeons are starting to show their age for CPU intensive applications but are still bretty not shit.

Shame they went the trashcan route. Literally no lab I've been in since 2013 or so still use Macs. Mostly Lenovo shit now.

>The PC equivalent of a gas guzzler car
Not surprised in the slightest.

I can't.

The first iPod was undoubtedly Apple's biggest success among mainstream consumers.

>Tfw that font will never come back

I dont know the first iphone started the smartphone trend

bait

What's bait? The iPhone was the first hugely successful, mainstream smartphone.

are the new 2017 macbook pros any good?
i could get one from work but i really don't know if i should do it? last time i used a macbook pro was 2010 or 2011 and i have a dell xps 13 now.
they look really nice but i have read that they are supposed to have a shitty keyboard and shitty battery life?

>shitty keyboard
Go to an Apple store and try typing on a demo unit. You'll either love it or hate it.

you might bring it back to life if you install gentoo

Your opinion is BTFO by Apple's then and now market cap. As a company, this is the only metric which is valid.

the only nice things from apple was their ipod and that old as fuck white plastic macbook.
Both were GOAT.

Do you own one? I have tested it for 1-2 minutes on a friends new macbook pro and i cannot really tell if i am going to be bothered by it. the keys felt way too flat with very very little key travel, but i have no idea if i might get used to it or not. how did you like the keyboard at the beginng and after some time of using it?

I don't. I only know from using one at an Apple store that it was shit. Literally one step away from being a full-on touchscreen with the pathetic amount of key travel it has.

They were doing that before the decline.
youtu.be/1CgAKBf4bbU?t=52m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ywa_EynjC8

That's the later iteration of the case, the G5's had their flat PSU at the bottom, and had far more of the space allocated to the CPU coolers

That success had more to do with iTunes than the actual hardware.
This was the first software that allowed even brain-dead morons to get digital music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hnOCUkbix0

I'm 31 and loved this trend that apple helped bring about in the late 90s so much of my stuff had that awesome transparent plastic. Gameboy Color atomic purple ftw.

Nintendo did that years before Apple.
And unlike Apple they made it look good.

Well just saying they helped not that they came up with it but yeah it was an awesome trend.

>more to do with iTunes
all they had to do was make iTunes a not completely unusable bloatware POS on the PC, used that for streaming and sales (ala Play) would have cleaned up the music gig entirely. But no, defeat snatched from an unassailable position of victory.
As it is, Spotify fucked them on streaming, AMZ or Google prob gonna fuck them on sales, Ives is demonstrating why you shouldnt let designers near a boardroom and that fucking dustbin belongs in one. Should die again already, all things considered.

what do you mean?

not an argument

>old as fuck white plastic macbook
pic?

It's a shame I didn't have the money to buy macs back when apple was actually good and put effort into their computers.

Now their computers and their software are just an annoying side product used to milk people who want to develop for IOS — their actual platform — or hispsters who think they are professionals.
Even Hackintoshing isn't fun anymore now that Mac OS is pretty much as broken and as well supported as any Linux distro.

I used to work in an office with a design person who had one of these, they never turned it off once in the five years I was there and she never had a problem with photoshop/quark

Apple used to actually follow standard workstation design

>hippie faggot makes unintelligible statement
just as i suspected

>no compromise
except, you know, the garbage display

latest mbp design is actually the best they've done in general imo, purely design-wise.

however it's just not worth the price and the usb-c only connectivity is clearly out of sync with the current status of peripheral connectors.

>the garbage display
Had higher resolution than MBAs from that time and was 16:10

Look I hate apple as much as the next guy, but he's right. The iPhone started it all, at least in the consumers mind. The big phone before that was the Razr.

Everyone seems to have forgotten how shitty the first iPhone was.

It didn't even support third-party applications unlike featurephones of that era.

>Those thin bezels

>the best they've done in general

L
M
A
O

No, this was applel's peak.

Nice E36 user

Uh, ring network?

yeah well i'm just talking about apple industrial design. no need to #roast me user it's not like i'm claiming it's the best computer or anything.

Modern peak is the pre-Touch Bar rMBPs.

Because Apple's OSes have always been incredibly locked down and only ever allowed a selection of Apple-approved apps. It's still like that today unless you jailbreak.

People don't seem to mind--if they don't know what they're doing, that is. They mind even less now that they don't have to use iTunes to add music to their iPhones now that streaming services like Spotify and Netflix exist--both of which are popular with normies and are approved apps on iOS.

The only people who hate iPhones are those who know what they're doing. I have an iPhone and I hate the living shit out of it, but most American millennials use iMessage.

Jumping into this thread because it seems like a good place to ask. I'm looking for a 13" MBP for my next laptop. Windows has been shit since 7 with no signs of improvement and I don't have enough autism to enjoy linux.

I don't like the new touch-bar ones, but how different were previous ones from year to year in the early/mid '10s? Are there any particular problem models to watch out for? Is around $800 a reasonable budget to get something that will last a few years?

>fagOS

>and I don't have enough autism to enjoy linux.
Then get out of my Sup Forums

>I'm looking for a 13" MBP for my next laptop
Do you have fire coverage for your home?

Fuck off pajeet. Get your money up.

What was applel's PEAK overheating temperature?

not an argument

It is, because Apple realized that being different is retarded as fuck... Then they realized that about IBM shit processors, PowerPC sucked ass

Since Job's death, Apple is turning into shit again, nothing new.

Well, the keyboard sucked ass and the touchpad is fucking huge. Other than that, it seems ok-ish

Why you have an iPhone then? Don't be cucked by your friends, if they can't use decent instant messaging then they don't deserve to use anything.

Buy a broken Mac G5 and mod the case for ATX/mATX. Even Apple haters can't deny the beauty of this case.

MacOS is the shittiest OS, even Wangblows 10 lets you do more shit on it.

>I don't have enoufh autism to enjoy linux
GTFO

What’s wrong with the newly announced, iMac Pro?

everything?

This. Even the original PSU can be spliced with ATX connectors. I put a Xeon X3440 in mine, runs High Sierra like a dream

There’s a new, modular Mac Pro coming next year.
macworld.co.uk/news/mac/new-mac-pro-2018-latest-rumours-release-date-uk-price-features-specs-3536364/

yo can you share more pics of that mod?

Sure thing.
I also made some videos about it:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTRT13hW5dGFpcAHLo2DcrywbUAl8KBmN

That case internals look like dell decided to make a case but steal the outer shape from a lian-li.
It's vomit inducing, look at all the unused space while at same time having clutter and air blockage.

The G5/pro is pure sex but I prefer the early G4s because they blend in a bit.
Thinking about getting the non ribbed handles off a wind tunnel for mine.

>air blockage
The case is literally five separate wind tunnels, the fuck you talking about?
I'll be using a G4 WHIRRRRR edition as my main desktop for a while, they are some great machines. The flashy mirror in the front does look kind of tacky though.

Why did you stuff a portable furnace with computer parts?

>have compartmentalized case with enough fans and ducting
>Still overheat

Truly revolutionary

It's still a fine looking case, part from being retarded BTX.

Putting the PSU at the bottom, changing it to ATX and it's still a case that would suffice for todays use.

>Nice E36 user

lol... FAKE ID 4th time someone took the bait