Windows 10 Auto Update

I there any way to actually turn off auto update? Even after I disable it in the services menu, it just keeps turning itself back on. The startup type will change itself from disabled to manual, and then start on its own.
Also, why can't I take a screenshot with the properties window open?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
actrons.info/ame.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

block microsoft ips on your router/antivirus?
I havent updated since March

Use LTSB

use this

thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10

it breaks the update service though, so you will have to re-enable the tweaks for it to work again

Use AME

ITT: future satisfied Wannacry customer.

I would like to be able to get the security updates, but there does not seem to be a way to individually select which updates to install. The reason I am attempting to do this is because windows wants to install a 5gb update for a bunch of shit I don't want.
If you can help then pls do, rather than being a useless cunt

this looks very interesting, but I would need to backup some files before I tried this out
you will have to be more specific unless you actually are trying to convert me to the african methodist episcopal church

try disabling module installer, windows update, and bits services, all needed for windows update

you'll have to install the unnecessary, annual bloatware updates eventually if you want to continue to get security updates. They just recently stopped support for the anniversary edition.

gpedit.msc google it

Block in Windows firewall

yeah definitely use LTSB, it’s literally no updates except for security

Set connection to metered through a registry edit(google it). If you're using wifi, you don't need to do it through registry.

Install gentoo

LTSB is even worse with auto updates. It's basically impossible to halt.

wrong. set the group policy for automatic updates to manual installation.

and this is the result. I get a notification when updates are available and I can choose to install them, or not, whenever I want.

> you will have to be more specific unless you actually are trying to convert me to the african methodist episcopal church
actrons.info/ame.html

>build 1511, 2015

holy shit yo

How do people live with an out of date system that's still on beta stage?

I understand the current one is shite, but what I cannot understand is how someone would want something like the anniversary update as of today considering how horrible that was too. Currently there's no "stable Windows 10" experience, no matter how much shit you take out of it.

If you actualy read the description you would know that you can do it with any build you like. OP asked about disabling updates anyway. Also updated =/= safer especially in curren year.

are you behind AME? ever looked into enterprise G, which supposedly has the snooping removed on behalf of chyna?
a LTSB G would easily be the best windows 10.

I have no idea what I did but for some reason I'm not getting any Windows updates anymore. I've had to manually download them from their website and install them that way. But honestly I'm happier this way because Windows Update sucks cock and balls and has fucked up my computer more times than not.

>The entire removal of the Windows 10 update subsystem, coupled with the lack of automatic driver detection, beyond what is included in the 1511 build of Windows 10 from November 2015, requires manual action in order to configure proper and safe operation.

so it's offering you the option to go through the hassle of manually disabling shit in order to have a bloat free, usable, recent build of windows.

that is so great.

Disable the Wangblows Update "Service" also

>but I would need to backup some files before I tried this out
You should be backing all important things up anyway. You won't need them until you do.