Tesla Semi will have a working range of 200 to 300 miles, typical diesel truck is capable of traveling up to 1...

Tesla Semi will have a working range of 200 to 300 miles, typical diesel truck is capable of traveling up to 1,000 miles on a single tank of fuel.

Are here on Sup Forums some well-trained monkeys that will defend Elon pro publico bono just like on Reddit? I need answers why Tesla never posted an annual profit and why Elon is burning investors cash and government subsidies.

>every truck havel 1000 miles
there are plenty of countries that aren't even that big

Having a working range of 200-300 miles means that you'll be traveling from charging station to charging station, not from destitnation A to destination B.

>1,000 miles
With the base single tank option, yes. Quite a few semis have double that range.

Yes, and? Even here a lot of cargo is hauled from one end of Europe to the other

Elon is such a dumb fuck. He must be a Chinese prop used to support lithium mining

>I need answers why Tesla never posted an annual profit and why Elon is burning investors cash and government subsidies.
Always thought that was his business model desu

Show lots of flashy shit to keep the "investment" money rolling in

I could imagine a 200-300 mile range being enough for some local delivery work, where you're driving a short distance to a job site and back a few times but would spend plenty of time at home base where you can be hooked up to a fast charger for top-ups. Shit like a lumber yard, landscaping supply, dumpster/skip hire, etc.

>there's no possible scenario where trucks operate within 300 miles

kys plz

plenty of trucks just move containers from ports to warehouses nearby.

300 miles still means a 6-8 hour drive.
I would love to double this range but is it really that bad if truckers need a break once a while?
You can always put a bigger battery on among the cargo.

>Having a working range of 200-300 miles means that you'll be traveling from charging station to charging station, not from destitnation A to destination B.

I'll take Short Haul Trucking for $200, Alex

The next big thing won't be electric semis, it'll be self-driving ones.

obviously.

and a lot isn't.

In the world of hauling, not only you get payment bonuses and penalties depending if you delivered ahead of, or failed the deadline, but also the truckers and companies contracted are those who can guarantee the earliest delivery times. Truckers will haul for as long as they physically can, or the local laws allow.

>born too late to explore the earth
>born to early to explore the space
>born just the right time for highway piracy

Your point being? Time truckers wait for it to charge is time they could instead use heading to the next loading location.

Look I don't care.

different use case, retard

You think humans will get to drive these for very long?

I've got a bus, pizza delivery, and a taxi service in my town with no driver and I live in a small midwest area.

at least you can play vidya while the truck drives itself, i dont really mind being a truck driver when i dont actually need to drive anything just need to be there if some cunts try to steal something and call police or smt but play 99% time vidya in truck.

i thinks tesla trucks are the future gaming cubicle where half the driver might not even know how to operate the fuckign thing and only are there to call police if cunts try to steal the goods or smt.

>let's remove the driver but keep a fucking human in case of theft.

Alarm are already automated today user, self driving trucks will not have a cabin.

>it's fine for short haul!

I drive delivery roughly 50 miles round trip. That's all, 50 miles. Nothing, right?
I do it ten times a day. Back and forth from the same handful of workshops and outlets.
This tesla semi is designed with driving around silicon valley with a spiced pumpkin latte in one hand, it isn't designed for work.

It's about miles travelled, not distance in a straight line you stupid fucking twats.

you tell em jimbo bob

just put solar roads on top of the truck cargo to charge while you drive
and springs inside of the wheels that turn the weight pressure into energy

>tfw ran out of lithium to mine

Buy our expensive as fuck botnet trucks that no one except our technicians have the capability to service. Also they don't work nearly half as well as current technology. But you get to pat yourself on the back for being a cosmopolitan city retard.

>working range of 200-300miles

Please provide the source. I would like to know at which conditions was this tested.

Surely on a city, moving 30tonnes of material it will be different than on . Highway moving 12tonnes.

Amen Desu.

I work in an industry where we use trucking constantly. Biggest cost is the drivers; not the trucks or fuel. Once semi's become automated; the great social crisis of our time will commence. #1 job in every state in America is a driver.

self driving rockets will solve this problem

prove me wrong

Speculations, official presentation is this evening.

Also, Tesla isn't going after Diesel trucks based on range, cost or appearance. They are going after carbon-reducing freight.

Sure that doesn't mean shit to us in Burger land, but in Europe, Canada, Blue States of America, how hard do you think Tesla will have to lean on government contractors, hippy-progressive-run companies to use "zero-carbon" freight in their businesses.

Once Amazon buys in to this, its game over.

DESU, living in SoCal, I can't wait until all this Diesel soot is purged from our highways. I could give a shit about climate change, its all the ash and brake dust we breathe in daily that makes this shit exciting to me.

this will deprecate diesel short haul trucking very rapidly. maybe ten years. europe, especially, will dig this because major european city centers will be ICE free in the coming decades.

just swapping half the short haul trucks in any major city would drastically reduce average perceived air quality.

>shanghai.jpg

this, change the diesel busses too while they are at it

You're idiots if you think this will take off, especially in europe.
99.5% of europe is fucking rural wasteland and no haulage company is going to buy a new fleet for inner-city deliveries.

Very cute image.

Elon Musk is a hero americans deserve. :^)
I like your country now. Meme president, Elon Musk, cuced by ISPs and corporations, sjw.
t.east white Europe

>4x6 for no fucking reason other than "the drooling ameripublic is used to semis with axles so this is what we will do".

2x4 would've been perfectly acceptable and a lot fucking lighter.

semis with 6 axles*

I can't wait for the next step: self-stealing semis.

Eh, moving goods around cities, these could work, save on pollution a bit, cities are fucking disgusting places to be in if you've grown up or lived in the countryside, so some cleaner air is always welcome

Who needs ground clearance amirite? Top kek memesla.

That's plenty for speedbumps m8, not much else though.
I'd be more concerned with what looks like the wheels binding on the body at the back there

I greatly prefer my taxes going into Tesla than to pay for social security of a fatass

question, whos going to be footing the electric bill for all of this?
Whats going to stop sleezebag truckers from finding an unprotected outlet to steal electric?

A delivery truck seems like the worst use-case for electric. Presumably you want those things on the road pretty much 24/7, not waiting around for hours charging.

That's not possible in Europe by law.

You have mandatory breaks and maximum hours you can drive in a single day.

School busses maybe?

BEEP BEEP

>50 miles
>average speed 30mp/h in cities, 60mp/h interstate driving
Nigger 1 round trip, (That's 100 miles) is going to be an hour to an hour 15minutes at best, give it 10-15 minutes each side for loading unloading and that's a break, not down to you to load. shit's fine senpai, not even the same user

Can charge while on/off-loading.

Would work for short-haul.

Misread, user means 50 miles round, so 25 miles each way. So even better. Just cut estimate in half, fuck it

Depends on charge times.
Unload will tend to be 10-15 minutes with any decent crew, so 10-15 minutes to charge what may well be a 3 hour haul, not going to get much back out of that.

Drivers are forced to take breaks in developed countries

>Unload will tend to be 10-15 minutes

Level of exploitation in US is just unreal.

>Show lots of flashy shit to keep the "investment" money rolling in
1. "Fully reusable rockets " that aren't fully reusable, only the booster is reusable and VTVL technology has been demonstrated already in the 1960's.
2. Earth-to-earth rocket travel. Sides obliterated.
3. Mars colony. How it will generate revenue? It's just an enormous science project.
3. Hyperloop. New name for a maglev. First pneumatic elevated subway was shown in 1867 at the American Institute Fair in New York.
4. OpenAI. Get new government subsidies by scaring people that AI is bad, but in reality you just need money you build your own AI systems.

It won't last for 300 miles after year use isn't it?

> Are here on Sup Forums some well-trained monkeys that will defend Elon pro publico bono just like on Reddit? I need answers why Tesla never posted an annual profit and why Elon is burning investors cash and government subsidies.
He's a fraud as are most if not all of his ventures. Thankfully, when his operations and views go belly up lots of liberal brainlets will along w/ him.

[spoiler]Czech?[/spoiler]

He's basically printing money. Sell shares, receive huge salaries... just need to keep your innovator momentum going.

>Truck designed around safe rest stop distances
>Bad

He still does more interesting stuff than I don't know open pit coal mine or whatever big money is US usually does like anyone of you poor fucks of america know more than me about it.

that's nigger cattle shit

it might surprise you, but the truck has to drive back home after delivering

>I can actually see this working out in the Netherlands

>Very low tax
>No need to buy Diesel (Expensive as fuck)
>Almost no Road tax (Diesel and the weight of the truck are the main forms of tax on the car but that wont be a issue for this truck if released
>Companies are trying to show off they are green as fuck
>No noise from Truck
>This 300 Miles distance is enough (Friend of mine drives Trucks
For large chains withing the Netherlands

Paris, London and several other European cities are banning diesels from 2020. Good luck delivering your produce to a city that bans your truck.

>truck has to go down after the trip to recharge for hours instead of going to the next job

>No noise from Truck

I think that commercial vehicles like in most cases will be exempt from this ban.

There are "no motor vehicle" zones all over Europe already but commercial vehicles (small trucks that deliver supplies to stores) are always an exception. Unless by 2020 there will be multiple companies making electric trucks such ban will not happen because no government will introduce a monopoly on Tesla garbage.

And noone sane is going to make a gasoline truck lmao.

This.
Charging is slow. When the truck charges it's not making money.

This will be fixed though and the only way to accelerate development is to adopt now inferior technology.

Does the milage include a fully loaded trailer?

Wouldnt be feasible for Amazon, as linehauls are drop and go. At no point are the trucks off the road long enough to charge.
t. Amazon

TESLA should take the money they may blow on this bullshit and invest in new battery techonology those fuckwits are digging their own grave.

Not true, there are plenty of research groups funded right now that are working on commercial scale supercapacitor batteries to replace chemical batteries.

>Sure that doesn't mean shit to us in Burger land, but in Europe, Canada, Blue States of America, how hard do you think Tesla will have to lean on government contractors, hippy-progressive-run companies to use "zero-carbon" freight in their businesses.

Why don't they invest in something more practical like maglev freight?

I kinda meant charging is slow -now-. This kind of development is exactly what we need to make it work eventually.

>supercapacitor batteries

That's what Formula 1 cars use, right?

Don't hey have terrible weight per capacity?
Not that Formula 1 cars drain their batteries in a matter of seconds.

There are many different electric vans on the market already.
Just no semi-trucks yet.

Here in Amsterdam vans are responsible for over 50% of harmful vehicle emissions.
Despite making up just 10% of the vehicles on the road.
Banning diesel vans in the near future isn't farfetched.

Why does it look like a jew nose?

Unfortunately our government will tax the living shit out of electric vehicles once they become popular.

They need to get the money somewhere.
(and taxing foreign investors is apparently not an option).

Detaching a trailer and backing another tractor under it takes only a minute or two.

It's probably not a bad thing for small stuff - but there is better built-for-purpose trucks there anyway.

Hydrogen is the future for Trucking.
All the negatives don't exist in the trucking world.

That's not how shit works though...
Trucks are for the most part, a truck drivers HOME.

Why are companies only one thing? Why do we NEED all electric? Why not consider hybrid truck? Solar panels on the roof, the hood, etc. A decent sized battery that charges from the panels and the wheels turning. Battery is used so you don't have to keep the truck idling when sleeping. Battery takes care of lights, air conditioning, and so on.

What they should really be working on is getting that absolute most out of diesel motors as far as MPG to torque. Look at how far gasoline motors have come. We have 1.0 liter 3 cylinders putting out 150HP and almost 200 foot pounds of torque because we slapped a baby turbo on it from the factory and built the motor to handle 5-7PSI.

Unless we've already hit the technology wall with diesel.

A single flight from NY to London on an average ~6 passenger business jet it equal to the emissions of 9000 passenger vehicles.

Trucks and Vans aren't the problem.

>havel

FUCK. Re-installing Dark Souls 1 through 3 now. Thanks dick.

Solar panels are shit and messy to produce. Keep the batteries but charge them on nuclear.

Aren't the restrictions on how long truck drivers are allowed to drive before they have to rest? I know there is in my country.

Harmful as in causing lung cancer and other respiratory diseases.

Due to poor air quality people in Amsterdam live on average 18 months shorter than people in other parts of the Netherlands.

I'm not sure how we get Havel, from someone reminding someone else that europe has a lot of small countries

>solar panels are messy to produce
Fair enough. Still. Nothing stopping companies from having big batteries on board to run all the little shit for long haul truckers. And yup, US has an 8 or 10 hour limit for driving if I'm not mistaken. Truckers actually have to keep a sleep log and hours driven book. A cop is allowed to pull you over and ask to see your logs at any time and if you're over driving when you should be sleeping, you can actually lose your license.

I don't see where you're going with nuclear though. Not like any company is allowed to own a mini reactor for personal use, and we're not quite at Fallout 4 levels of power cells just yet.

>why would we ever use cars, horse can go so much farther

Hybrid cars are very complex, so they are expensive to make and break easier.

For example combining electric engines with clutches is problematic because the high torques tends to break them.
Full electric cars don't need a clutch or gearbox.

Bad analogy.
Hydrogen exists, doesn't have the range limitations of battery electric, doesn't require lengthy recharging (refueling would be equivalent to diesel in time), and is overall a greener solution than battery electric.

Hydrogen is all positives for trucks.
Battery Electric is compromise after compromise.

Because we need to get away from fossil fules.

Duuuh!

The air is too clean anyway

Looks ugly as fuck, doubt that render is real.

Elon has a good sense of A E S T H E T I C S

>Tesla Semi will have a working range of 200 to 300 miles, typical diesel truck is capable of traveling up to 1,000 miles on a single tank of fuel.

>EVERY TRUCK MAKES 1000 MILES TRIP EVERY DAY

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

Then why are there no hydrogen trucks?

I meant produce the electricity through nuclear power to reduce pollution as much as possible, not that you should put a nuclear reactor in a civilian vehicle.