Firefox 57 is hideous

I nearly shat myself when I woke up and saw this.
Blocky ass tabs, ugly manlet back button, everything is very flat (like your mom), bookmarks looks like toothpicks, show sidebar looks like bookmarks, icons on customize screen tell you nothing and are for ants, etc. This new design just looks absolutely pig disgusting. What the fuck were mozigga thinking when they shat out this abortion. It looks like they're trying to be hip and copy microsoft edge.
Literally copying Internet Explorer, how low can you go.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/adapta-project/adapta-gtk-theme/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flat/square design is not a microsoft patent, fucktard.

>using a day zero
your fault.

it's only the square tabs that are kinda ugly. otherwise the interface is ok IMO.

with a decent GTK theme and when choosing "compact density" in the customize menu it's pretty ok in fact...

How did you make your tabs look like that ?

>square tabs

You guys actually liked that rounded shit we had before? I was using CTR to get rid of it. Thank god most of the CTR options I was using can still be used with css. I think the Old Search Bar option is gone though. It sucks you can't just switch search engines on the fly. This one time switch and then back to default is retarded.

That looks nice actually.

I don't care about the design as long as it works fine -- and it does.

Dark theme looks amazing desu

looks great on my windows machine.

Just use an older version of Firefox. I still use Firefox 3 even on Windows 10 because I prefer the theme and layout.

>allowing auto updates
Good job faggot.

Taste is very personal indeed. I think Firefox 3 is ugly as hell, and I am at least indifferent to Firefox 57 design.

The only good thing from that is the old search bar

nice

I just want to be able to use Deepdark. I can't stand how stupid it looks without muh dark minimalist compact theme. Customizing does fuck all, it all feels so oversized and shitty.

Hey, my tabs read almost the same as yours!

Change the theme to the compact theme, retard.

Yes.

Why not use Pale Moon?
In fact, why is there anyone claiming to be discontent with nuFox and not using Pale Moon? There is literally no sensible reason to use Firefox over PM.

Also your shitty linux distro is breaking the design.

I actually like this Quantum just a few things I have yet to find replacements for

Join the Palemoon Masterrace.

Has anyone else had problems with videos getting stuck on greens and purples since the update? Gifs and webms are fine, but youtube and the like are a complete fucking mess.

Never used it before. Why should I use Palemoon?

>File Menu and Bottom Addon Bar

Nice I'm not the only one that still likes to have that. Firefox 57 kept my file menu fine but I lost the addon bar.

Feels good when you can just change the css to your own liking

It's basically FF before the UI fuckups (Australis etc.), but updated for compatibility with new standards. Best of both worlds.

i agree

what do you mean "like that", idk, it's the default theme, with the density set to "compact" in the customize interface/menu

I don't know how anyone can stand that floating bar bouncing across the screen every time your cursor gets close. The first time I updated past FF 26 that drove me insane.

Also compatible with most FF addons. Some of the ones that aren't compatible with both have Palemoon specific releases.

Idk man, last update made my tabs super big and I having a hard time to shrink them with userChrome.

I did that and switched to compact
Non selected tabs look normal to me unlike yours minimized, is that an add-on ?

oh, no, i think it's because of my GTK theme (adapta).

>hiroyuki ## Admin 09/22/15
Has it really been two years already since moot abandoned us all and an hero'd?

the only thing stopping me from using firefox is the awful font rendering

I can't seem to find it can you link it please

This board has a serious whiney cunt epidemic.

github.com/adapta-project/adapta-gtk-theme/blob/master/README.md

You mean an hiro'd

I don't think I really noticed this "bouncing" But my cursor would only go down there for things like noscript.

It's beautiful.

That's good. I'll use that in the future.

The part where it says "Done" or whatever else the browser is doing at the time. If your cursor gets close to that it bounces to the other side of the screen. Maybe they removed that after I switched to Palemoon.

3.6 will forever be best Firefox.

It actually reminds me of old, pre-Australis FF a bit. I miss the circular loading indicator on tabs though.

The design looks like it's supposed to be geared towards Linux distros, seeing as a lot of them have a similar look to this

>changed the default about:home so it doesn't have the restore last session button anymore

Who the fuck gave that the go-ahead?

>using about:home ever
>not using about:blank as homepage
It's like you want tit to be slow.

>Using outdated software
Is this the current state of Sup Forums?

>750MB of memory for two Sup Forums tabs

that's good compared to chrome
what the fuck is it with this repulsive yellowish/green tint over the entire screen in chrome?
am i the only one getting that?
can you disable it?

you mean the tiny ones? right click a tab and select Pin Tab

I'd shit myself too if I somehow found myself on the homepage instead of the Sup Forums catalog.

I think it's really nice.

Looks fine here

What did you seriously expect with Pajeet code?

>that resolutionlet

I suggest you to use the compact theme.

Why would I want to use the compact theme?

because the normal theme is taking a lot of space on your tiny ass screen.

and your point...?

>these are the tasteless retards claiming that 57 is ugly

I remember when Australis came out. Sup Forums wouldn't shut up about it for months.
Never change, Sup Forums

Go away Mozilla shill.

He's right though, the examples posted are absolute shit from an aesthetic perspective

People get really attached to certain designs. The FF28 design was the best looking firefox imo but this new theme is definitely not bad after a few tweaks.

Aesthetics are a personal preference. Both that he linked look great to me because:
More importantly, they're functional and make sense. Functionality is vastly more important than 'clean looks' which is what Mozilla has completely lost track of. That is why FF is shit.

>you're a shill if you have half-decent taste

Functionality =/= aesthetics.
Just say what you mean. You like them for their functionality, not their aesthetics. They're two entirely different things. Ideally, UIs incorporate both, which they rarely do in reality. OP is better aesthetically and worse functionally than those examples. Of course it's a matter of opinion. So is anything else, goes without saying, so let's not sperg out about it.

>incorporate both
incorporate was the wrong word to use, but whatever.

how can you patent "things that looks like square in plain color"?

>You like them for their functionality, not their aesthetics
I like them for both. The new shitty UIs both look terrible, and are terrible to use. The new Windows 10-style touchscreen designs are both ugly and non-functional. They have no redeeming qualities.

>OP is better aesthetically and worse functionally than those examples
It's worse in both aspects. There is far too much unnecessary dead space to look good, and that wasted space could be better used for the content window. Flat colours and that title bar font look terrible in any UI.

They are thirst for some market share.

wtf is this shit? this is the way the plugins are showed?

I agree it looks like shit. Nonetheless, I rank it slightly above the old WinXP-7 large, glossy buttons kind of shit(the first image) or ..whatever that, perhaps functional, aesthetically impaired clusterfuck in the second image is.

>Windows 10 style touchscreen
Everything is going the flat and square route. This started with Windows 8, and even before 8 came out.

What do you propose instead? Beveled UI's that look like they were made by some high schooler that just broke out the filters in CS2?

Move it out of there brainlet.

That's the Overflow Menu you can put whatever you want in there, so just remove it from there jeez fucking spics man.

They're called addons and they can be moved anywhere in the main toolbar. You probably moved the adblock plus icon to the main menu in FF56 and FF57 eliminated the menu so it moved it there automatically

>let's not sperg out about it
you're sperging out about it right now, you dangerous spastic.

>whatever that, perhaps functional, aesthetically impaired clusterfuck in the second image is.
You don't have 20+ addons in your browser that you use regularly? I wouldn't be able to use the browser effectively without them.

>Everything is going the flat and square route
And it looks TERRIBLE. It's also functionally terrible.
>What do you propose instead?
The older functional and easy-to-use UIs from before Windows 8 existed. The ones that don't try to be 'clean' and 'pretty', but just try to work while not looking bad and hiding functions from the user; or worse, using icons that have no connection to the button's function instead of words. The reason I left FF for Palemoon was because I couldn't figure out how anything worked anymore.

The add ons where in the menu beforeeeeee what is this, I know I can take them out of there but they aren't in the menu anymoreeeeee

Anyone found where they've moved "restore previous session" to? Useful for if you closed firefox by mistake or had to restart it for whatever reason so you could pick up where you left off.

Mozilla made the menu layout fixed. To solve the problem of icons mysteriously disappearing they made the overflow menu which kinda behaves like the old menu but it automatically hides if its not needed. It also automatically appears if the toolbar becomes too crowded, like for instance if you make the window smaller

fixed it!
had to turn of hardware acceleration
and fuck you faggots for not helping me

>You don't have 20+ addons
Nope, I have 6. That's beside the point though, there's no need to stack them all there. Why have NoScript, for example, both up there and down on the status bar? Am I missing something? In fact, you could put everything on the status bar and in context menus. Save some screenspace. But you do you.

>Am I missing something?
Yes. The bottom one is the main menu. The top two are quick access buttons. 'Temp allow all' and 'revoke temp permissions'. Those two are the most frequently used ones to quickly get a site you only use once working. Everything else is in the nested menus in the bottom button.

The status bar is mostly for the browser status (bottom left) and showing where a link leads before clicking it, not addons. Those go on the button bar, to the right of the browser's buttons. The 3 down there are there because that's what I got used to. The right-most is just a status icon, that shows if the addon is on or off.

Go ahead, ask more. There's a reason for everything I did to the browser, even if a few are just 'because that's what I'm used to'.

Wtf i love pozilla now, they've made a spic-proof browser

Disable hardware acceleration

>'Temp allow all' and 'revoke temp permissions'.
I figured as much. I don't mind right-clicking or mousing-over to get to those options, to me, that's a good compromise between functionality and aesthetics. I can't stand clutter, I'd rather hide everything and use hotkeys where I can, but I get it, you don't mind.
As I said, you do you. I understand we just have different preferences. I have only two bars at the top instead of your five(counting the titlebar).

This is what autism looks like.

>mainline firefox
I'll never know why you people put up with this rapid-release bullshit. wake me up when 59 ESR is out.

Firefox will never be as comfy as it was back in the 3.6 days.

>graphical interface gets changed slightly
>tons of autists start a shitstorm of autism
Like clockwork

>slightly

mostly because about 95% of UI changes (in any application) are change for changes sake. they're nothing more than fashion. and yes, I object to anything changing for such pointless reasons.

At least now it's the fastest browse...

It is, and they locked out FT-deepdark

I'm on Vivaldi now

the focus on speed on Sup Forums is pretty stupid and misplaced. instead of trying to make JS faster we should be running less JS. The fastest code is code that never runs at all.

shit man that takes me back
i think that was around 2010 or so?