MBP vs. ThinkPad X260

I am a beginner graphic designer and I am looking for a notebook for work and for college. At first, my choice fell on MBP 13 ", but it's a shame to separate with my X220. What should I choose?

inb4 sorry for my bad English :v

Why can't you use your x220?
Those kids with macbooks all bought theirs with financing and they're gonna keep making payments on that shit for the next several years.

the screen is horrible

>mac
Into the trash it goes.

If I buy X260 it's with a 1920x1080

Your X220 is probably faster than the newest MacBook.

4GB of RAM and i3 CPU :v

That would destroy the latest Memebook. see

Why the fuck would anyone disable the GPU. Don't listen to Sup Forumseentomen, just get a mbp like all the cool kids.

If you're already considering something in the pricerange of the Macbook you should maybe go straight for the Thinkpad X Yoga, having a 2 in 1 with Wacom digitizer and nice screen might come in handy-

forgot pic

Dunno, I dont like 2 in 1 devices :/ Will the X260 work in graphics processing?

Shows how bad the thermals are that it has to clock a quad core low enough to lose to a dual core.
Ought to recommended the new HP x360 since the new Zen APU pushes past ULV i7 + 940MX performance.

Your average toaster will ''work in graphics processing''
The only thing you should be really concerned about is the screen.

>If I intentionally gimp the computer it runs worse!
Revelations.

I didn't put in an HQ processor in such a slim case and expect it to be cooled by about a soda can's worth of aluminum.

Pracuję w photoshopie, illustratorze i lightroomie. Nie będę czekał wieczności na załadowanie poszczególnych elementów przy i7 w X260?

the only laptop I can think of with a good enough screen is Dell XPS15, otherwise MBPs have the best panels/color accuracy.
or you can simply buy an external monitor if you don't need to move way too much

No you fucking retard, the point is that the thermal management is fucking trash.

>"What's the best way to stress test the CPU, but not other stuff, so we can show that the CPU thermal throttles?"

A CPU intensive test, with GPU and other unnecessary variables disabled.

I work in photoshop, illustrator and lightroom. Will not I wait ages to load individual items at i7 in the X260?

That depends more on ssd speeds, which iirc the Mac has the advantage.

>4GB of RAM and i3 CPU :v
Get the i7 version of the X220(mainboard would also be enough, you can put it in your current chassis.
Install 16GB RAM and a SSD and you have a laptop that will last at least till 2025.
You could also try a X230.

X220 and X230 both have coreboot and great GNU/Linux support.

>I disabled 4 cylinders of this v8 engine and compared it to a four-cylinder car
>the 4 cylinder is better at being a 4 cylinder!
Shit, who'd thunk it? It's as if the test deliberately factors out real-world usage.