/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask your questions that don't warrant their own thread here. Try to google first

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title
pcpartpicker.com/list/cdBPM8
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819117726
ipdeny.com/ipblocks/
amazon.com/Acer-XB252Q-bmiprz-24-5-inch-1920x1080/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD
3dpchip.com/3dpchip/index_eng.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm reposting this since it was the last question in that thread.

Is there a way to use smartphone as an Android box and connect it to TV via USB or?

I have:
>rooted android
>newpipe
>termux

What's the most straightforward way to get an MP3 of a song from youtube?

So I got my first after market CPU cooler

What is best way to remove old thermal paste? Consensus seems to be 99% isopropyl alcohol

What is best way to apply new thermal paste? Consensus seems to be 4-5mm pea in center of CPU

Opinions?

A relative was having problems accessing his bank account, one of the windows was unable to reach the address which was "www18.thenameofthebank.com"
He used the link the bank gave him and the page was legit, the problem was the page he was sent after entering his card number (nothing else). The problem was solved after changing computers.

I ask what in the world is www18? I suppouse that this was the problem, but was it jus mystype or is www18 something else?

This may be a bit far-fetched, but does anybody know what could be causing this script to break on FF57? It's the "Youtube Link Title" userscript for Greasemonkey.
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

LibreOffice
or
FreeOffice
for my mom, general use.

Libre is just fine.

can anyone recommend a 1/2TB external hard drive? Any to stay away from?

I'll probably buy a ~$500 4K screen in a few months, but I don't really know what I should be looking for. I believe I should get an IPS one as that is the best display technology in that price range, but what about things like HDR or color range? I'm not a gaymer, and my laptop couldn't handle 4K gaming anyway, so I don't really care about those meme sync technologies.

Is 380w max load in a 500w PSU fine?
This is my build.
pcpartpicker.com/list/cdBPM8

Also how bad is dust inside a PSU? Should i ignore it or spray the PSU with canned air?
Good thing most is stopped by the air filter net.
Pic related.

Correct.
Correct.

Remember to screw it in a cross

Screw 3 then 2 then 1 then 4.

Sounds like your friend fell victim to a phishing attack. Time to get that credit card suspended.

How do I pipe PostScript into Ghostscript, Preview, or some other PS viewer? None of these have worked.
$ ./outputps | gsview -
$ ./outputps | gs -
$ ./output | open -f -a Preview

I fucked up my computer with malware and viruses because I'm retarded. I want to reinstall my system (windows 7) and it was installed when i got the PC. I have the key code but not the CD. I went on the microsoft website to get the download but I got this
>The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.
what now?

What shitty phisher stops working after only getting your account number?

Also I've heard people banging on about coffee filters and shit, will I be fine with just an ordinary tissue or two as long as there aren't any pieces of it left on the CPU?

Redpill me on CPUCores. Is it worth buying for my shitty fx-6300?

As long nothing is left.

You could even use cotton but people are paranoid.

Tissue would probably be a bitch to use, I'd just go to McDonald's or some other place that serves coffee and ask for a filter

I wouldn't say its mandatory to remove dust, however it will probably improve lifetime of your components. One thing about dust is, that it has lower resitance than air and might short out stuff on your pcb. It also acts as an insulator. I'd recommend cleaning every 12 months or so. I would use a brush for the dust building up on the outside. Make sure you block your fans from spinning when spraying with canned air, or you might damage the bearings. Your pc should be turned of when you do this.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Is it possible to create an ACL for most if not all IPs on the planet? How stupidly long would that take?

What is this Place? How do I leave? I want to see my grandsons Pictures on "face-book" how do I do that?

An online converter. It does everything for you. Eventually it will even have what you want before you give it the link.

i wish you people quoted the old thread and cited it as such so i could check if anyone replied to me in the end

no one else so far has even x-posted to the old thread so now i have to go to the archive for it...

I have two questions really, and they're probably very stupid:
1. Is my i5 bottlenecking me if I'm only playing single monitor, 1080p games since I'm using a 1070?

2. If that is the case, can my motherboard handle this i7 7700k?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819117726

ipdeny.com/ipblocks/

Best way to store 12tb of data on 24tb spread over 8 drives under linux? Create two spanned mdadm/lvm volumes and sync them? I'm guessing the chance of failure for spanned volume is the same as raid0 so should I just have two raid0 volumes?

That doesnt entirely answer my question. How long do you think this would take to implement?

And could an ISP use this to throttle individual traffic or is this too broad?

If it's an OEM computer from somewhere like HP or Dell and you haven't fucked with flashing the BIOS or anything you should be able to grab any old copy of 7, whatever edition you had installed (make sure it isn't riddled with viruses first) and it should activate automatically after installation. Otherwise just use an activator.

What exactly do you want to "implement"?
I already use this to import ip blocks to block entire countries from my servers via iptables.

>throttle
Yes, they can and do

>have a ton of open tabs in chrome
>chrome freezes
>can open new chrome window
>cant use frozen chrome window
how do i save my tabs?

No
Yes, but you'll probably need a BIOS update

i have a bachelors degree, currently in grad school, and lots of work experience. i got denied a seasonal sales job at Target that i applied to just to make some money while at home for winter break

is it possible that they prefer not to hire people who are "over qualified" like me? im just trying to see it their way

no

Which browser has better security: Chrome or Firefox?

what does Sup Forums use to create flowcharts?

firefox

57 can't greasemonkey.
install violentmonkey.

Why I can't bump this thread? I am the OP.

>57 can't greasemonkey.
Yes it can, version 4.0

Op cant bump his thread retard

Really when did this happen? Did the hiroshima do this shit.

I'm using GM 4.0 and nothing works except Sup Forums X for some reason.

figured it out
>open up chrome task manager
>shows a list of all active tabs
>go through the list one by one bookmarking each tab

Chrome

Since like 2004...

Best way to store 12tb of data on 24tb spread over 8 drives under linux? Create two spanned mdadm/lvm volumes and sync them? I'm guessing the chance of failure for spanned volume is the same as raid0 so should I just have two raid0 volumes?

Make an 8 drive raid 6 array

ZoL raid 10.

Im asking a hypothetical for an argument.

What I want to know is can fast-lanes actually be implemented? Or are ACLs too broad for this purpose?

And how do they throttle if you can give me specifics?

Sorry I meant to quote you here

tc, its easy.

>What I want to know is can fast-lanes actually be implemented?
Yes, they already are now. Netflix and co have agreements with ISP's to "boost" their connection so the video performance isnt shit and you can stream 4k(soon)
>how do they throttle
traffic shaping, its been in practice for decades

Why?

What's the best place to learn how to create my own music? Preferably free of charge

when im wearing headphones and tab out of a youtube video, sometimes the audio will de-sync when i go back to that tab.

If i switch the audio back to the hdmi instead of the headphones, its fine.

should i be worried that there's something wrong with my pc hardware?

could be a software issue, try the headphones out on other computers to see if its an issue with the headphones or the computer

>Yes, they already are now. Netflix and co have agreements with ISP's to "boost" their connection so the video performance isnt shit and you can stream 4k(soon)

Im pretty sure that was disproven.

mashable.com/2014/02/26/comcast-netflix-net-neutrality

>traffic shaping, its been in practice for decades

Fair enough. Thanks!

My laptop caught fire and i need a new one pronto

Can you find me
Sub 15" screen
Full keyboard with numpad
2,5" bay for hdd, no EMMC shit, even better whitout drive
Freedos

Thx

I get this error if I try to post using the quick reply box

how can I fix this?

thanks user, I'll probably pass if my rig isn't bottlenecking my shit

thanks

but if it is an issue with my computer, is it more probable that it is a chrome issue rather than with my hardware? because ive made no changes whatsoever

did you test it against other browsers?

not yet but i'll try that

Still every external media I plug in to a Ubuntu I'm running (itself booted from a USB stick and in "try Ubuntu" mode) is automatically in ready-only mode.

I've gone through tones of user help topics on google from previous users to try and mount in rw but none of them works for me and I can't see much of a pattern of the cause of their woes, and most of those are very long threads of complex discussion before the OP solves it. Been at it hours.

I can follow instructions and input terminal code but I'm not a dev. Unless any anonfriend has some glaringly obvious solution I guess Ubuntu's getting wiped and I'm trying Tails. I thought Ubuntu was meant to be user friendly.

(trying to set up a safe space for bitcoin security which hasn't given me any problems except Ubuntu won't fucking accept external media in r/w)

also. if i refresh the page when it happens i can fix it. if i pause the video before going to another tab it doesnt happen.

and if i use my tv speakers it never happens. only when im using headphones

I can't believe I am asking this but I think I am wasting money and I need to be careful as I've done it too much in the past.

I'm shopping for a laptop, and I got one that looks pretty tough and has a good screen and very portable. The specs are good, (i7 8th gen and a mx150 and I can get 16 gigs ram in there once I need to upgrade from 8). However I spent $863. Was this a waste? All I will use it for is personal use(movies, maybe a game but I doubt it) and for my uni program (CS).

Should I send it back and look for something cheap? Battery life on my x230 was too shit for me to consider buying another oldie...

is the lineageOS built in updater (for OP5) safe and stable?

I downloaded several soundtracks and have got CUE + TAK files and CUE + WAV files. Can foobar play these normally or do I need to split them up into separate tracks using an additional program? Right now I can't seem to get them to play through foobar if there is a way to do so.

i dont know how to fix it, you can only keep trying to narrow it down until you find the culprit

journalctl -f, put the drive in, read the logs why did it mount ro.

alright thanks for responding

raid is not a backup faggots.

my best CRT was connected during a power surge and it will no longer turn on.

Is there any safe way of fixing it or should i just kiss it goodbye and throw it in a dump? its a NEC FE990 that i had for general computer use.

Where did anyone mention backup?
He asked how to store the data.

Give me the closest you can get to 10-bit 144hz 27" 2K/4K for around $500.
Saw amazon.com/Acer-XB252Q-bmiprz-24-5-inch-1920x1080/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD and it looks nice besides it being $650 and the autistic "gaymer" branding.
I just want a good monitor with good colors and resolution at a good refresh rate. My anime and generic FPSs deserve this.
Also, any known sales going on, or any coming up?

>12tb of data on 24tb spread over 8 drives
>Create two spanned mdadm/lvm volumes and sync them?
He wants a storage and a backup, not a one volume raid6 cancer.

How come everyone dickrides lenovo laptops here when lenovo is scummy as hell?

Are the only good laptop manufacturers Asus and Dell?

the only other browser i currently have on my pc is internet explorer and when i tested it, the audio never desynced like it did on chrome, despite me doing the same things

i guess its a chrome issue. funny since i didnt have that issue until today

Only thinkpad.

Sup Forums, I've a question about browser data. But first, consider this image. Open it and bask in its fine penmanship. Now that you've opened the image, it is now on your browser cache. You can go into this cache and open the image like any other on your computer. Merely by looking at its full resolution, you've accomplished the goal of having this image on your computer without actively attempting to download it.

What's the point of actively attempting to download it if it is already stored in the cache to be rendered by the browser? Wouldn't it be cheaper, from the bandwidth perspective, to simply find the image from the cache and transfer it to a designated folder? I know this is true for images, but would this also be true for other files, like HTML pages and PDFs?

In Amazon, can i keep remaking accounts for the free prime trial?

Does it need third party tool too make the taskbar in Win10 full transparent or is there any option in settings?

How the FUCK do i install the realtek audio drivers on windows 10, I'm at my wit's end with this shit.

When I install the drivers they won't even detect it and install it. I would have to manually do it which is fine.

But they still won't install (code 10)

Help me motherfuckers.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you'd need new credit cards/paypal accounts for one

Download 3DP Chip.
3dpchip.com/3dpchip/index_eng.html

When you install it remember to uncheck the adware boxes since it comes with a lot of them.

Run it, go to multimedia and look for your sound card.
It will download your Soundcard/chip drivers.

all my caches point to /dev/null

Does adding an extra field to a category in an old flat database automatically add it to every other category?
For example, I have a database of DVD rental customers, one wants to rent a fourth DVD but the flat database doesn't have the necessary fields, (it only has enough for three) does adding it in for that single customer automatically add the fourth DVD field to every other customer?
Was asked this about a week ago and all I could do was shrug my shoulders.

wow funny picture! Nice dubs. Mind if I save

it's all yours my friend

can i get btfo'd by djvu files? virustotal said it was clean but i'm not sure how well scanners deal with djvu files.

someone posted a pretty hot anime girl with a dick earlier but it got deleted. Does anyone have the image or a copy of it? Links to similar anime girls with large cocks also appreciated.

this is a SFW board. search the archives of the old thread to find your trap waifu

Fixed my problem, I disabled dsp, a feature this motherboard has.

Now can anyone tell me why it needs to be disabled and what dsp really do to sound.

Can you still make good money writing software? Or has every useful piece of software already been written?

Because I say so.

What's the best Android screen recording app? Is there one with no watermark or ads, good quality, and that doesn't require a shitload of permissions?