So now that we know that google spies on us, why aren't you using a Patrician combo :

So now that we know that google spies on us, why aren't you using a Patrician combo :
1. Dumbphone with large battery
2. Overclocked Raspberry Pi 3 tablet/phone screen with 3G modem
?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eaiNsFhtI8
fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That looks cool actualy

Maybe i will do this. I'm sick of choosing between normie botnet by apple and normie botnet by google. This could be a good "1337 weirdo" 3rd choice until librem 5 phone is released in 2019.

this is pretty cool and I"m trying to figure out what's going on with it. I'm guessing the dumb phone is used only as a microphone/speaker, the tablet is used as the "phone display", and the raspberry pi 3 is used as the phone's software + modem?

I guess you need a 3g sim card... I had no idea you could buy a 3g modem like that much less connect it to a Pi

Hhh

Are you retarded?
The phone has a 1 moth standby time and is used to make calls and send sms.
Raspberry pi is hooked to official 7'' touchscreen and powered from a powerbank. In the future I would look for some screen that does not react to literally everything. The tablet keeps unlocking in my pocket even though I wrote a script to unlock the screen on a two finger gesture. I need a case with space for my battery pack and with flat slots for touchscreen board and rpi3. That would make the entire setup as thick as the batteries used.

And yes, 3G modem + wifi + BT for connectivity in RPI3. Looking for the smallest 3G modem for USB or GPIO. My usb stick takes a lot of space.

>wants to escape the botnet
>uses chrome

Firefox has no HW acceleration right now and it's chromium.

Also they have 3G gpio modules.
Of course!

Is there any SBC that is 100% open source? I know that Raspberry Pi uses a proprietary blob for its GPU.

You know

You could just not have to browse the Internet everywhere you go even when you're just walking

Buy a dumbphone and an mp3 player

Or you can save even more money by just enjoying your surroundings and spending time in your own head for once

I'm addicted to listening to podcasts while I walk to my job.
Also, checking stock prices during the day.

writing on that screen sure looks comfy as fuck

You can connect a bluetooth keyboard for some serious typing.
Thinking about a foldable keyboard.

Hopping that it is chromium

>portable touch device
>foldable HW keyboard
I can as well just use a small display panel with that Pi with that keyboard, it makes much more sense than tablet siting like a laptop would

I wanted to try this as well but I couldn't figure out how to put raspberry pi and powerbank inside the display, i believe the thing on the left is pi zero? pi 3 doesn't look like that
btw just use mpv extension if you just want to play youtube videos

Isn't the rasberry Pi processor backdoored as well?

Nobody quite knows yet.

Based on your image and description I thought you did something cool like this youtube.com/watch?v=8eaiNsFhtI8

Your OP post is confusing as hell
>Overclocked Raspberry Pi 3 tablet/phone screen with 3G modem
>Overclocked Raspberry Pi 3 tablet/phone
>Raspberry Pi 3 tablet/phone

This is why I interpreted it the way I did. You need some punctuation dude. And clean up those dangling modifiers while you're at it

>raspberry pi 3
Sure bud, just dont mind the potential chink botnet in your propiretary pi3 bootloader

>2. Overclocked Raspberry Pi 3 tablet/phone screen with 3G modem
How does attaching a botnet to a botnet help curb the spying?

because I use and iPhone

Because I don't trust that monitor.

Orange pi, banana pi

Both of those manufacturers use Allwinner cores, with very proprietary Mali GPUs, pretty straight from ARM Holdings.

Why do you think spreading misinformation is appropriate?

fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
if you won't use GPU there are some SoCs that are free

Possible MitM and proprietary, yes, but Chink? How?

The RPi has a Broadcom CPU, manufactured on license from Arm. The SBC is nearly totally manufactured on Sony factory within UK (some new Brazilian production available locally and some remnants of initial Chinese production runs). No part of this chain can be considered predominantly Chink. So how and most importantly WHY do you claim this?

Spreading some easily correctable misinfo. Who could be behind this, I wonder...

Yes, but the original poster () specifically mentioned GPU, so it is relevant.

That FSF list is interesting, although none of the boards are flawless and they all actually have either serious of fatal flaws. For example, Allwinner is in violation of GPL:

linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations

I just use a OnePlus One without Gapps and a PowerBook G4, senpai

Sometimes I run Sailfish OS on the 1+1

bump