Mfw net neutrality is repealed and Sup Forums gets throttled

>mfw net neutrality is repealed and Sup Forums gets throttled
>mfw Sup Forums tries to justify supporting pajeet pai at 56K
>mfw all this from a comfy, neutral, 200mbit connection

must suck to be a burger rn desu.

I want to cum inside of Pajit Pai

>literally a pajeet
You can't make this shit up

they already throttled, increased prices, and added caps while net neutrality was active though. it didnt protect against anything that we know of.

>pajeet shitting on ameritards' internet
Can't make this shit up.

Can wait to pay extra just to use my bank account.

literally when?

his name is pajit

>yfw google is paying people to shitpost pro-neutrality shit on Sup Forums

Fuck off, why should ISPs let you abuse their infrastructure?

>implying you have any money
haha

>unironically being pro-ISP
the absolute state of things

If you owned a business where you allowed people through your street, then suddenly the government said you had to allow any entity through regardless of how much they bring through, and suddenly your business is hampered and abused by one company who is taking advantage of the government regulation, you'd be pretty pissed, too. You don't have to be pro isp to see that.

>LOLBurger reasoning

mfw when i already use 56k internet

thank god the shits free

actually, under NN it's more like you charge a flat based on the amount of cars, and you have to let everyone through at the same speed.
If net neutrality was repealed it would be like the road owner being allowed to charge an extra fee based on the company, charge more for a high speed limit, and ban companies they don't like.

It's business 101. Manage your business so that you don't waste money and everyone is fairly given their exchange. If one person is hogging up your service, it is costing you money that they aren't going to pay for. Normally, this was in the form of isps maintaining overall quality by limited the bigger factor that is taking all their resources, but the government said that they couldn't do that, which is where we are now.

When your business is forced to adhere to one or two entities, it's bullying and business no longer becomes good. This is the basis of why Government regulations suck ass. I feel like if most people on Sup Forums studied a little bit of business, they'd understand why this is a good thing.

That's fine. They own those (let's assume that the government doesn't use their power to say the land is theirs regardless. This argument is for the sake of a business being owned entirely by the entity). The core of the problem is that a lot of you think the internet belongs to you when it's a privilege just as much as phones are. You don't own it and you don't have any right to it. The companies can do what they want with it, and that's what you guys are going to have to wake up and realize.

That business (ISP) exists solely to provide a route for traffic. What difference does it make if it's a car full of Hitlers or a car full of chicken farmers? You'd flip the fuck out if you walked into a store and they said "Sorry, little man, we're really busy right now, so that item of yours is going to cost double the usual rate."

Maybe you should've built an actual 4 lane road rather than only build a 2 lane road advertised as a 4 lane road.

>internet being a privilege
>2005+12

face it, the internet is a necessity in modern life.

>mfw net neutrality is repealed and Sup Forums gets throttled

Did it? What happened?

Well, what the fuck good is the internet if you can't access free shit, without paying some unassociated asshole, money to do so?

desu it's looking like a real possibility in the near future. have you been living under a rock for the last week?

I feel bad for you honestly OP, for being so damn retarded and thinking repealing net neutrality does jack shit.

like god damn dude

The message of the car isn't the problem here. It's when another business decides to abuse this street by sending multiple vehicles through it without rest and using the government so that the street owner can't stop them or else it's considered discrimination. The isps are a general access provider. They give you a service of being connnected to the world wide web. They do what is best to make sure they spend the least amount of money while gaining enough from satisfied customers.

All the downtime we have experienced over the past decade has been solely cause of streaming services like Netflix, and then Google's own bruteforcing of their own. The internet is still a very young business, but there was no reason for Title 2 except to give Obama and co the power they needed for political reasons. This is not a partisan problem, but is a logical extension of why you shouldn't hijack a business for your own personal gains.

Except the only person who needs a 4 lane are the ones abusing your business and they don't want to pay for the maintenance of said street cause it's not good business.

>being this cucked
Sup Forums really is fucking retarded

Not the last week, but the last two days. I was wondering what had happened during thus. I think the vote on NN was supposed to happen today, correct?

You don't need the internet to survive in life. There are tons of people right now without it and they're doing fine in all parts of the world. You're just a first worlder who thinks he deserves all the luxury in the world.

This might be almost be valid argument if the ISPs didn't also use litigation to give themselves regional monopolies and to unfairly restrict competitors from entering markets. "Free market" my ass. Ridding of NN without doing anything to fix the shitty economic model that ISPs run on is only cucking yourself in the ass. It's really no wonder why 3rd world countries have better internet than burgers.

>its looking like a real possibility
fucking lol

you got a source other than the front age of reddit?

network traffic hogs get throttled. nobody gives a fuck about Sup Forums

>All the downtime we have experienced over the past decade has been solely cause of streaming services
Not in my area. Downtime is always a result of the kikes at Comcast being too cheap to pay to clear the tree limbs from around their lines. Or, the Mirai botnet.

Nothing on the internet has been free nor has access to it ever been free. Libraries offer free internet, but the library is still the one paying for it. Websites are hosted by paying others. They're mostly freely accessible, but then you have some that limit services unless you pay for it, which is the bulk of services like Netflix and Google. So it's not like anything is different.

>You don't need running water to survive in life. There are tons of people right now without it and they're doing fine in all parts of the world. You're just a first worlder who thinks he deserves all the luxury in the world.

>You don't need electricity to survive in life. There are tons of people right now without it and they're doing fine in all parts of the world. You're just a first worlder who thinks he deserves all the luxury in the world.

Wtf I hate having first world luxuries now. Better cuck myself

hmmm wheres your argument?

I want to attack the monopoly problem since it seems to be the only thing a lot of anti isp people like to spout.

4G.

This whole "net neutrality" thing is just baseless fearmongering spread by the same people who are already censoring the Internet. It will be repealed, the sky won't fall and the people participating in this bout of mass hysteria will forgot this ever happened and do the same thing next time corporations decide to stir up a panic over nothing with some fake scare stories.

Same place as that of the person he responded to.

Fucking this. I've been screaming about this for decades now. It's not our fault that unparalleled greed made them oversell the lines they had to offer. The fact that the average user's bandwidth wants/needs have steadily gone up over time certainly don't help, but again, that's not our fucking problem.

You knew you were overleasing your lines _years_ ago. You knew it, you knew the eventual problems, and you did it anyway. Tomorrow is always a day away, but profits are right now!

Fucking yikes.

there are literal places where more people have internet access than clean water, does that mean clean water isn't a necessity. Face it, in everywhere but the poorest of poor countries, the internet is needed.

You're a bit naive there. Do you know how expensive it is to service a land as big as America? Do you know how many cities exists in this country? Now take the usual cost of maintaining a 10K person connection through one data center and multiply that by the number of counties in a state that the provider is in. Then mulitply it again by each state. To maintain a regular congestion, you have to balance the load from everyone person in a specific radius of each network base. Delays in connection start when a large surge of data comes through at once. Now imagine everyone trying to use a very high bandwidth service, which is common in cities now. You spend money every night just to rebalance the connection, and you have what we have now: high pricing to consolidate this.

It's not hard to see where the cause and effects are.

Water and food =/= the internet. This is why you're wholly naive. How old are you?

>oversell the lines

They oversell lines specifically to compensate for population growth. However, when each person starts using a service that makes it suddenly seem like each person are ten people using the internet on a single node, that's not the isp's problem. It becomes the service problem, and the best choice is to limit whatever it is trying to hog all the resources.

The ones paying are the people living on that street. You know, the ones actually paying for service.

It's the ISPs fault that they overprovision and suddenly can't handle it when everyone wants to go to Disneyland on the weekend. Blaming Disneyland for opening Harry Potter world is pants-on-head retarded.

>However, when each person starts using a service that makes it suddenly seem like each person are ten people using the internet on a single node

At this point, the street analogy doesn't work cause if streets were privately owned, it would be a very different ecosystem as far as going to and from disneyland and the dynamics of that.

But I have the logical defense for this: they can just use another street. Or make their own.

>can't find work because all the high playing jobs have been already been taken by people who can search much more efficiently then you can
>even if you land an interview they'll probably turn you down because you can't use basic tools like cloud storage and email
>try find gf
>won't even get a chance because they'll all think it's weird you can't IM/text them
>tfw no internet

Unless you live in a really rural area you're fucked without basic internet access

Couldn't fuck you out of your health care, so they're fucking your internet out of spite.

The actual problem is localized telecom monopolies. Internet infrastructure should either be publicly owned, maintained, and updated or monopolies need to be dismantled. The way things are now, companies like comcast have zero incentive to improve service since consumers often have no choice in ISP. Now, instead of investing their money into improving service they are trying to change the law so they get to charge customers MORE for less service, it's ridiculous.

It's like with rail lines.

Didn't mean to add text there, slight brainfart

>I can't find work, a gf, or anything else without the internet

The world functioned before the internet existed and it will still function without it. Also, your generalization is bad. Most of those things you can do without the internet and saying otherwise just shows how much of a shut in you are.

it's always sucked to be a burger except briefly during the 90s and after WWII

>nternet infrastructure should either be publicly owned, maintained, and updated or monopolies need to be dismantled.
So who will pay for the maintaining of them if they become public? If you dismantle the monopoly, who will pay to take their place when the government can just come in and dismantle whoever they think is doing too well? What's your answer to that? Should we dismantle Walmart for being a top general store? Should we tell McDonalds to go away since it holds one of the top brands in the world? Where does it end and when are you satisfied?

Not even him, but do you wanna know how the entire thread knows you've never had a job?

It is the ISPs problem. It's false advertising. Either sell it as it actually is (i.e: 5Mbps docsis with up to 100Mbps Boost) or actually put your money where your mouth is and upgrade your infrastructure

Even Intel isn't disingenuous enough to market an 8 core CPU with hyperthreading and boost up to 3.6GHz as a 57.6GHz cpu

Mostly I feel like I deserve to not be extorted by my service providers just because I'm a captive market.

It's public knowledge that taxpayer money has gone to ISP's to build out more robust infrastructure, and that the money has more often than not been pocketed and the promises unfulfilled

Do you wanna know why I can give two shits what you think? You guys are very fucking naive to believe that you should be the center of isps world. Which is really funny considering how much you guys are saying you hate them.

>we hate scummy isps, but they should behold themselves to us anyway!

Can someone shop this to make his mug bigger and saying reeeeee?

>false advertising

They don't false advertise. They don't tell you

>hey, we'll accommodate whatever service comes in to inconvenience all our customers with high bandwidth and load balances.

Because no sane business would ever say that.

>my service providers

Then stop paying for them. They don't work for you and you can freely cut yourself off from them at anytime.

Comcasts profits at year end were 19.2 billion dollars. "Boo-fucking-hoo, we can't afford to upgrade our infrastructure! Too bad if we've weasled ourselves into a monopoly that prevents people in areas without service, from even getting service from other providers." They're literally shitting in your mouth, and you're calling it a sundae.

Are you retarded? The government leases the lines to ISP's similar to how smaller mom and pops used to do, create actual competition. Maybe even have them bid for use.

Who do you think has a better chance of finding work, someone searching through newspaper ads and word of mouth all day or someone who can send his CV to every possible employer in a 100m radius in 10 minutes?

You're also underestimating the shallowness of city woman.

We need things to fight for

They do make their own streets - Netflix has been offering direct peering with ISPs, and even offers to host local CDN boxes inside ISPs. Bringing it back to the roads analogy it would be like building a local mini-disneyland with all of the most popular rides inside every town that wanted it.

Why can't they build their own "roads"? It's because ISPs have constructed tons of legal roadblocks and sue everyone that tries to do so at any reasonable speed. But repealing NN doesn't do anything to address this problem

mfw the internet is back to the dark ages, 2015
mfw pirate bay got shut down, i think
mfw i cant even remember the horrors of paying for tiered internet
>yfw net neutrality was never a thing
>yfw an appropriate analogy to net neutrality is "no more evil unicorn demons killing 100 infants every day" and now everyone is told to start freaking out because the unicorns they made up 2 years ago are coming back
>yfw your nose looks a little different than other whites

>i said too much, and outed myself as either an underaged kid or a neet
Yeah, we know. At least you tried to change the subject real quick.

>a service company
>caring about customer interests, lest they lose business
It's almost like that's how capitalism is ideally supposed to work

In your analogy you forgot to mention that the government paid for the street to be built and that you've already charged a toll for the people delivering goods using your street and also a toll to whoever was receiving the goods on the other side. You also did not mention that other toll companies want to build parallel streets with wider lanes and lower tolls but because of regulatory capture are unable to. You forgot to mention that this toll company has their own goods delivery service that is terrible compared to the competition, but you want to support, so you are planning on either blocking rival delivery services or raising their tolls so astronomically that their business is no longer viable. You also did not mention that if this toll business disagreed with any of the contents of any of the deliveries coming through his toll he could ban them or charge them extra.

They can't afford to upgrade it because their too busy using it on maintenance caused by them being the government lapdogs. In addition, because of the chaotic nature of regulations, all businesses freeze their spending to account for future uncertainties. This is not just an internet business reaction, it happens in every business with these circumstances.

They're still trying to ruin healthcare too. The tax bill that recently managed to pass through the house has a section to remove the individual mandate part of the ACA. Without it there's no reason a healthy person would keep insurance.

Do you surprisingly have low grades in your exams , Or you recently sat for SAT, IELTS or TOEFL and came out with low scores ,do not lose all hope.
Do you suspect your spouse of cheating on you and you want he/she to be caught in the act with evidence ,or you just wanna hack your school's network or your friend's phone just for the fun of it.
Or would you like to skip or play that awesome game easily with all freebies unlocked .
Or would you like to get the Ultimate hacking package, to hack any social media account.
Contact the HACKER @ [email protected]

The government leased the initial lines, and the cable companies used their own capital to build a foundation atop it. The government only owns the land at this point, not the service that att and verizon provide. Like I said, there's a bunch of young ass ignorant children in here who don't know how the internet works. I'm sitting here having to explain basic networking shit to you guys while drinking a shiner.

The person with a better chance of finding work is the person who is good at selling themselves and have the necessary skills for said job. The internet does not make this better, and most companies prefer face to face confrontations. Being in the corporate world myself, HR rather look through physical mediums rather than the strain of digital resumes.

If your main pipe can't handle all of your customers using all of the bandwidth they paid for, that's on you. If bandwidth was provisioned properly then it wouldn't be an issue.

But having 90% of the country below the definition of "Broadband" is bad for PR. Which brings everything back to the fact that ISPs have been neglecting infrastructure

I know you're being ironic but the time when 'negative interest' becomes a thing and you're pretty much forced to spend your money constantly to avoid losing wealth you'll understand the terrible mistake you made. And that time is around the corner. God bless ( ( ( JEWmerica ) ) )

Netflix does not make its own streets. It makes its own data centers, but they do not own an isp. Being an isp is a very different business and yet Netflix doesn't want to invest in making their own service. They've been leeching off isps for decades and now they're about to pay up.

All of your strawmans are lacking context and disregard the actual comparisons that should be made.

That road belongs to the company, not you.

>leaching off isps for decades
>decades

>The world functioned before the internet existed

The postal system worked before cars and planes were invented.. Doesn't mean your horse based postal company isn't going to go tits up in 2017 with exactly 0 deliveries.

isps havent neglected infrastructure. the government has by disallowing them to build more efficient ones.

Let's say for arguments sake that those two have the exact same skillet and are good at selling themselves.

Meant decade, but whatever

That's not a good comparison.

>They've been leeching off isps for decades
whoa, it's almost like every website mooches off of ISPs or something...

Then the variable is based on timing and who the recruiters feel is better based off personal preferences, which is usually how it goes.

That's right, and when you start becoming a problem to an isp, they are free to limit your power through their connection.

Because in the end, their connection belongs to them, not you or I or Netflix or Google. If you can't understand that basic principle, then you're lost to teaching and I'll sit here ready to laugh at all of you once the repeal happens in December.

my husband used to be free with everything and never kept any secret until recently everything changed so i began to suspect some foul play. he chat on phone for long and when he is done chatting he will clear his history so that i will not find anything. this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to her cousin who is a hacker. he showed me several other people who he helped crack password to gmail, yahoo, facebook, instagram, whatsapp and even 6 others where he hacked the account of some major corporation. he has the greatest mind because i never believed he could do it until he proved it to me by hacking into my husbands phone where i found so many evidence to proof that my husband had several affairs outside our marriage. well here is his email address if you need his help [email protected]

Technology makes things more easily accessible and quicker.
The comparison is sound, your initial statement was just utter bullshit.

>post a strawman
>get mad when strawman is demolished
>b-b-but ur the strawman!

Technology most of the time means more expensive.

Actually the incumbent phone and cable companies practically own the utility poles and discourage new competitors by drowning competitors with paperwork and logistical delays.

When One Touch Make Ready legislation started happening and threatened this obstruction, suddenly ISPs were crying foul

They moved the vote too Dec. 14 for some reason. Don't know why.

>skillet
I need to fucking stop phoneposting
The person with internet access would be able to respond faster as well as have a better chance of finding that job in the first place, in most cases at least.

I don't know how saying the road belongs to the company and not anyone else is a strawman but go right ahead. I've long concluded you guys are pretty stupid.

The limitations of physical space has not stopped the growth of internet from other companies.

>The person with internet access would be able to respond faster as well as have a better chance of finding that job in the first place, in most cases at least.

The phone still exists.

>Y-YOU'RE the r-reason that ISPs are throttling c-connections! why can't p-people just stop w-watching netflix/youtube?!?!??!!?!?
>b-but it's THEIR service! they SHOULD slow s-speeds to 56k!!

>I've long concluded you guys are pretty stupid.
Yeah, seems like a safe assumption to make after getting completely destroyed by participating in an argument you weren't even remotely capable of holding your own in.

Why should I support people wanting to watch netflix, youtube, pornhub at high speeds when said service doesn't want to pay for said speeds and rather the isp pay for it all? Why should one company give away money to allow another one to grow while damaging their money resources?

None of you are smart.

My aim was never to win it cause I already did by Title 2 being repealed. I'll be comfy in front of the fire with some eggnog on that night where tears would flow as much as on election night.