What is your favorite free/open source software Sup Forums? I am looking for some new softwares to download...

What is your favorite free/open source software Sup Forums? I am looking for some new softwares to download, and currently use pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

hue.merkoba.com/
mirror.its.dal.ca/kde-applicationdata/kdenlive/release/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Notepad++

Em Pee Vee

linux is a good one. Ubuntu specifically.

Try krita!

It's free and open source, and easily competes with proprietary digital painting software.

This piece of shit is always looking for fucking fonts. Everytime I add a font, although rare, it takes forever to open. Resetting my preferences fixes this but holy shit.

Working on this site which similar to an irc chat but with some other stuff like image uploads, the image is shown on the right and background changes to the dominant color of the image and the image is shown in the background with opacity. It has internet radio capabilities, which works with icecast or youtube urls, plus a lot of other stuff I've been adding over stuff. It used to work without registration since I saved all user data in localStorage, but to make it more permanent for the user I moved to a user/password model. If you want to check it out: hue.merkoba.com/

Vim
Cmus
Gimp
Krista
Inkscape
Emacs
GCC
Pandoc
Firecucks
Waterfox
Tmux

My main rig is in for repairs, so not everything has been re-added yet, but this is a start for open source and/or free software. i included a few web serveces too, idk if they count. They are usefull and some replace traditional desktop software pretty well.
in no particular order:
One Commander V2
Firefox Quantum
Chromium
VLC
Keepass 2
Audacity
Blender
Unity
Godot
Teracopy
System Animator
Rainmeter
Libre Office
Visual Studio Community
Visual studio code
shotcut
Gimp
Krita
thunderbird
k9
openVPN
teraterm
opentoonz
handbrake
github
teamviewer
discord
7zip
draw.io
obs
power iso
lmms
dosbox
nox player
virustotal
notepad++
steam
tor
foxit reader
google earth
windirstat
youtube dlg
rufus
process explorer
malware bytes
avast
autohotkey

extensions:
css styler
stylesheets
ublock origin
tree tabs
f droid
spybot anti beacon
regedit(i know, but free with windows and no one else would want to use it anyway so I put it in the list)
my sms
code::blocks
lightshot
instant eyedropper
video speed controller
honey
duck duck go
grease monkey
Sup Forums x
block bitcoin miners
foxy tabs
ghostery
disconnect
smart https
privacy badger
fvd
no script
tab suspender
behind the overlay
1 click youtube video downloader
magic actions for youtube
tineye reverse image search

I KNOW I'm missing stuff, but that's a start, have fun

nice datamine thread m9

>using windows

>steam
>open source

>gimp
>gnu
>linux-libre
>i3wm
>firefox
>libreboot
>telegram client
>matrix.org
>vim
>xfce

Stop using Gimp on Windows, it's fucking slow. Use something else on Windows, Gimp is only "worth" on Linux (loading time is 10x faster on Linux on my machine).

paint.net >>> pinta >> dogshit >>>> gimp

Teamviewer, unity, discord, gEarth, foxit, malwarebytes, ghostery and steam aren't open source.

paint.net is too fucking basic tho

Puredata
Basically openaource max/msp, steep learning curve but if you really get into it you can learn a ton of audio DSP that carries over into other programs (for instance understanding how delays are just allpass filters)

OBS + Blender = Complete video editing suite.

What is OBS?

cowsay

paint.net is a fricking joke.

If you GNU+Linuxers fret over the kde dependecies, you can get a krita appimage from the krita website, and a kdenlive appimage from
mirror.its.dal.ca/kde-applicationdata/kdenlive/release/
The kdenlive appimage werks better than openshot from the ubuntu repos or the 64bit portable zip of shotcut on my machine.

Blender
Libre office
Gimp
Openshot
Simple screen recorder
Vim
Transmission
GNS
Virtualbox
Pfsense
Etcher
Ansible

open broadcaster software, mostly used by streamers to broadcast to twitch/jewtube but can be used for many other things

the problem with Pinta is the damn graby-resize things for scaling a selecting an area don't show up like every other same image editing tool. when I finally moved from Windows to Ubuntu MATE, I got so fed up with this one little problem that I just pirated Photoshop. if anyone knows how to fix that please tell me

*selected part of

ShareX. Once you get it configured you can do so much with it. Never looked back after I stopped using puush

How about I blow my load to the mascot and then use a really digital painting software, I get the best of both worlds