How do we invent the brain-computer interface...

How do we invent the brain-computer interface? I want to be able to starve myself to death while I'm blissfully unaware of reality, living in VR with my waifu.

Other urls found in this thread:

freshlive.tv/akiba/154612
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We're already living inside it.

It's already living inside us.

It's us already inside

It's us

It's

It's (You)

it

Probably through the brain stem at the base of the head, maybe base of the neck.

With the advancements in human head transplants we will slowly advance our understanding of the nervous system. Once we have a grasp on that the main challenge will be creating a device to act as a bridge/splitter between the brain, computer interface and body.

Then you'd plug in and the computer interface would send information directly to your brain. Manipulation of thoughts would be difficult, but if we figure out how the inputs for eyesight, sound, taste, touch work than we could atleast jump in there.

It's pic related

Just shove an usb3 cable up your ass

Considering shitty VR is already disorienting, a high res/Hz, some form of electronic/magnetic stimilation (thinking about those "lift your worries" magnetic UNI research headbands) and mild dose of psychedelics would probably go pretty far. Combined with people playing themselves to death already you could def starve yourself nowadays. In worst case the headband and psychedelics make you want to live though.

Not the total simulation yet but bretty close.

>implying we're not already living in a simulation (it's time to wake up, neo)

Pottery.

This will soon become to mean magic
Mark my words

When we know how the brain works.

Feckin lol.

according to palmer luckey vr hmds will be a thing for a long time, because the optic nerve's raw bandwith is too high for nowadays technology

freshlive.tv/akiba/154612

Well a humane VR lifestyle system would probably have you live in some sort of hospice where you are cared for and your physical needs are met, although you would be required to get up and walk around every so often. A more advanced system would be wired into your CNS so that you are truly in a virtual sensory experience. This system would also have control of your motor system, and it would feed you, bathe you, and exercise you in order to keep your body healthy. Ultimately they will separate the brain from the body and connect it to some sort of machine to sustain it; they may even find a way to completely virtualize your brain.