Should I even bother with a screen protector? Phones use strong glass nowadays anyways...

Should I even bother with a screen protector? Phones use strong glass nowadays anyways, and screen protectors always kind of fuck up the viewing experience anyway.

Don't be a brainlet and you won't drop your phone.
Only brainlets break their overpriced toys.

Once my glorious nexus 6p fell out of my pocket on my bike and I thought it was fucked, but the case absorbed the entire fall. fucking PHEW.

Another time it fell face down and shattered the screen protector. In that moment I was glad I had one... but then again that only happened once in a 2 year period and I figure I can just use the $5/mo device replacement shit if that happens anyway

Perfect example of the brainlet.
Put your fucking phone somewhere safe.
Is it too hard for your brain to compute? You spent money on it, protect it.

we don't all have purses

it's a phone, you have it with you for when you get into a car accident and need to call emergency services
thing should be durable

Safe from what? Nothing is ever safe. A pocket is usually 99.9999% safe from randomly having shit drop out of it, but who knows, a rogue meteor could come crashing down and smash it (and me), so whos to say what true protection really is?

I used to not believe in screen protectors, but I work for a mobile carrier and I've seen customers bring in waaaaaaay too many broken phones for me to really want to use a phone without one these days. I'm very careful with my phone and I've only dropped it once that I can remember (and even then it was fine) but that shit can happen way too easily. There's always the one in a million chance.

Plus, having one on my phone helps me sell them, because of the "oh if the phone guy has one then it MUST mean I need one" idiot reaction that a lot of people have, so

If you have case it's not gonna crack. Scratches are what your gonna have to worry about. Especially if you often get sand in your pocket or put your phone in places that rub a lot of things against it

No, but I do use a soft shell.

I hands down agree with the soft shell (TPU) especially with a lip so prevent the screen from touching stuff if face down.

I guess I'm just on the fence about the screen protector part. If you hit the screen hard enough it will scratch/shatter anyway. After watching scratch test videos, showing how you can take a razorblade and scribble on the screen and not even leave a mark, I'm thinking that screen protectors are kind of unnecessary. Especially considering that GLASS is much stronger than the PLASTIC protector you put on it. Even if it says tempered glass they're almost always just some weird plastic

Either soft rubber case or nothing. I never really use cases much.

regular screen protectors are obsolete because gorilla glass prevents most scratches, but you should get a tempered glass screen protector because it can protect your screen from hard drops and it allows water to roll off the screen instead of collect into bigger droplets.

Depends if your phone of course. Does it have great gorilla glass? Then don't bother.
My phone is mid range so I put tempered glass just in case

Moto z2 unbreakable screen coming through...make way you fucking plebs MAKE WAY.

Ok all bullshit aside even I the actual Master race of phone users has a tempered glass protector just for scratches to my otherwise unbreakable screen. And you daft fucks with actual retarded glass screens need to be way more careful than I do.

Lesson is simple. You paid good money for your shit. TAKE CARE OF IT. ACT LIKE AN ADULT AND TAKE SOME FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY.

>take more care of it

Oh its just so simple then. Gee, what were we all thinking? All we had to do was not drop it! Doh! The solution was so simple.

Like you've never dropped anything in the past 10 years. Dont flatter yourself. Insurance is one of the biggest industries in the world for a reason -- shit happens.

Moto Z2 Force owner here also. I got mine for free from Motorola because I'm up here and they do that so that we can demo it and sell it to people.

Because it's not really my phone, I throw it on the floor and drop it all the time, and while it's still perfectly functional and hasn't shattered, as promised, the screen is chewed up to SHIT. It gets very very easily scratched because it's soft plastic instead of glass. So while the screen is indestructible, I'd still 100% recommend tempered glass on it or at least a plastic film for the scratch protection if you don't want your phone looking like shit in a few months.

(and by "dropped it once" in my previous post, I mean my personal phone, not the Moto, which I drop on purpose all day every day)

You responded to the wrong person dipshit

Why would you use a plastic protector? Get an oleophobic 9H tempered glass one

Hence why I use a tempered glass protector.

No I didn't. I'm talking to you buddy.

plastic screen protectors are worthless now that gorilla glass is here.

tempered glass protectors are the new hotness. even if you don't drop your phone, if you take your phone in rain or the shower the protector will roll water off the screen instead of allow it to collect on the screen thus ruining touch sensitivity.

And I told you to use a screen protector. You responded to the wrong user.

Do they make tempered glass protectors for curved glass now?

whoops I'm retarded I totally misread your post

Right on. The best one is the Verizon branded one that they sell in my opinion, which is sad that I have to say so because I don't even work for Verizon.

no, you started blabbing on about how people need to take care of their stuff with responsibility. Honestly that could be interpreted as 2 ways, both of which I have a problem with.

1) Take care of your stuff by adding a protector -- Protectors diminish the enjoyment of the device and ultimately protect against a small set of events. (Dropping hard enough to damage a screen but not hard enough to shatter the screen or damage the device).

2) Take care of your stuff by not dropping it in the first place -- To which I say: Shit happens, dont pretend it doesnt

yep, there's tons of curved glass protectors for the S8 and note 8

are any of them actually GOOD?

They get the job done. If you want more protection then get a otterbox case or something

Very few. ZAGG makes a decent one for the Note 8 but it's also really fucking expensive.

Well at least one is good. Whitestone one

None of them protect infinity displays correctly

their adhesive wears off on the sides and they just start peeling off.

>carry expensive thing that breaks when it falls
vs.
>carry expensive thing that doesn't break when it falls

no-brainer.

>all that google shit on the bottom
>no phone icon when the primary function of a fucking smartphone is being a phone

good lord

>glass peels off
WUT

>making phone calls in 2017

look at this loser

For real though I think it's because they want you to use the phone call icon from the lock screen or some shit but you're right that's still pretty retarded

It has to bend around the screen and it starts to lose it's adhesiveness. it straightens out after a while and stop sticking to the edge

Well I bought one from Finland and was installed by professional. It has stuck well but clearly lifts up a bit since there is some dust from pocket under the sides of the protector

>implying you have anyone to call

Unless it like landed flat on a jagged rock or something, I think it was just a case of "the iPhone's screen is stronger than the screen protector, so one broke and another didn't." The impact would have just gone straight through one screen and into the other, absorbing only a tiny bit of energy through the act of cracking. Maybe it protected it from getting all scratched up depending on what kind of ground it hit.

test

I do buy cases/screen protectors, I don't baby my phones since they're tools. I'm currently rocking my J2 Prime naked.

I think this is my biggest issue. Since the pixel 2 xl has a curved screen, screen protectors dont fit as well as they did on my flat phone, so wut do?

so just use a case+glass protector. the case will hold down the curved edges of the glass protector.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a screen protector on the smaller pixel 2?

1. buy a sub 150$ dollar smartphone (my current choice is moto budget phones with lineage os support)
2. use it normally without caring and degrading your experience with bulky covers o blurry screen protectors (kek at people with ultra HD screens looking like shit because of that placebo)
2. it falls on the floor/you bricked flashing (is this really possible?)/black apple store consumers stole it/solar flare fried the SoC/battery die ?
3. just buy another one, even if you are a poorfag you still spent less than an idiot buying a flagship with fifty cover for no real gain

>it doesn't have a job