THINKPAD X60, while it was cutting edge back then now it is almost pure """GARBAGE"""

THINKPAD X60, while it was cutting edge back then now it is almost pure """GARBAGE"""

youtube.com/watch?v=Q00Y9Iv5pwM

~posted from my x601s. Normies should die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgt2_AKzgkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PFbgBvTOnN0
m.ebay.com/itm/Inergy-Kodiak-1100-Watt-Solar-Generator-1-1-kWh-Lithium-Ion-Technology/132406550501?hash=item1ed40b9fe5:g:UbwAAOSwvfZZ8q89
gizmodo.com/my-adventure-with-an-11-year-old-thinkpad-1820617879
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No reason to use the X60

...and that's because the X200 exists, and is also librebootable

The x60 is 4:3 and honeslty is a really nice machine although a bit underpowered.

probably because they are brainwashed by the intel jews and run windows 10, chrome, a lot of bloated software

The e300 performs worse then my cuo duo x60 and I just set up some HP laptop for a friend with that CPU.

Normie's couldn't tell the difference even with windows 10. Chrome will run just fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgt2_AKzgkQ
You're at a lanparty and this trap slaps your ayylmao gaymen laptop. What do you do?
PS: I love bullying you on Sup Forums

tech """"""""""journalism"""""""" strikes again!

they could have at least posted their comparisons, but they won't, because none of those things are true

What is with these mentally ill freaks and Thinkpads?
youtube.com/watch?v=PFbgBvTOnN0

xsauc and poofy hair thinkpad trap are truly a credit to the board

I'd like a video comparing it to a 2006 dell precision and the one of the x4Xs.

Or even a video on comparing it to a modern low budget computer. Like a fucking chromebook for example.

>I have that hinge on my X220T

It's nifty as fuck. No need to have the keyboard taking up space when it's docked.

Thanks desu
No bully
Now that I got compared to rinoa will I have to start huffing lead acid batteries.

Also I like her videos but what's with the bricks desu.

Pic not related but the x60 keyboard works with the t500. :D

>It took a whole 10 minutes to boot into my shitty toy OS

Desu it takes about 40 seconds.

Stop being a brainlet.

>using a jurassic chinkpad

Fucking hipsters! You guys and the applefags are the same shit!

Fine. That made me a little bit angry.

T. Wintel wonder

>those programming socks at 13:56
This is more than just ironic, isn't it?

They make me program faster, desu.

How do you feel about sitting on my lap while pair programming in haskell?

Idk how to program haskell desu :'c would c++ work? C# or Python?

You could you pat my head?

I'll pat your head, and then I'll touch your no-nos while you squirm and try your hardest to pretend you're not enjoying it

ok desu

>what's with the bricks desu.
Architecual salvage is a multimilion dollar business and hipsters love buildings with exposed brick for the walls. Spergenius is trying to find a more efficient means of reuse. And he is a hoarder with OCD.

Brickology 06

I want more barrel boat style videos. Its like a less interesting version of his leadacid battery obsession.

I hate you for making me give views to this garbage piece of "journalism" OP. That hinge is fucking great.

I'm considering getting one, there's one near me for $40AUD but it's a screen repair job, worth?

It will negatively effect there channel growth with that dislike ratio.

I prefer the regular x60s hinge, but drawing on the x61t is nice desu
Nah desu i got 5 in a lot for 70 dollars shipped. So 14 dollar unit price. They were bios locked x61s though so I had to swap some motherboards.

Australia prices might be different. 40 dollars in the USA should get you a decent used one. (At least without a hard disk)

>417 views

Fuck off with your viral marketing m8

only thing wrong with the X60 is that the battery life is piss even with 9-xell and it's only 32bit. otherwise i'd love it.

unless you can repair the screen, no. I got the X220T for the tablet stylus and digitizer so I could draw.

my T61p still shits on every netbook and tablet in performance

Tbh I get about 4 hours with the 8cell, there wasn't a 9 cell.

But I have a x60s with low voltage core duo.
I'm afraid that the GPU will grenade desu

But what is to power this mighty thinkpad_ THIS m.ebay.com/itm/Inergy-Kodiak-1100-Watt-Solar-Generator-1-1-kWh-Lithium-Ion-Technology/132406550501?hash=item1ed40b9fe5:g:UbwAAOSwvfZZ8q89

The X60 is a very nice little machine. I have one and I still enjoy using it. Doesn't Stallman still use one?

Did you just take a photo of a fucking computer screen?

Shut the fuck up you stupid faggots.

Nah desu the only power pure enough is from a thermocouple powered by radioactive decay.
Stallman does he needs to replace his thermal paste, his overheats kek
Sorry desu :'c

yea i meant 8-cell. it lasts 3-4 hours of text editor level usage, less if using a browser.

SUCH a fucking arsebandit

>Stallman does he needs to replace his thermal paste, his overheats
Are you referring to the Lunduke interview?

>leaving the house long enough to need 3 hours of battery

No thanks!

Get the lv core duo or core 2 duo from the x60s

Or just

Use Tlp to set max clockrate to 1ghz and
Battery life while web browsing is the same :D

Yes desu. I take some of stallmans interviews seriously, but that one was just kind of funny.
My x60s gets 4hours web browsing with the 8 cell lenovo, and an hour and 20 minutes with my chink 4 cell

:c

>tfw the battery was 10 dollars shipped :D

>My x60s gets 4hours web browsing with the 8 cell lenovo, and an hour and 20 minutes with my chink 4 cell
I just dock mine and run off mains. I don't like to go outside or use it away from my desk. It's small so I can use it as a secondary device without taking up too much space.

Desu what is you primary device, and I really want to see your setup desu. :D

I get 3.5 hours battery life on a good day from my X200~

you know that tiling window managers, especially ones with gaps are only usable on high resolution displays, right?

I did that for a nice looking screen cap. On low red displays I do prefer tiling, desu its the only way you can read to windows affectively at 1024x768

I installed i3 gaps on a pentium 2 240 with 800x600 resolution and it was a meme.

did you drill those holes on it desu?

Speaker grill baka
*Low res

Why do people show off stock i3?
it's like showing off stock xfce, it looks like shit out of the box

I want to punch that fucking faggot in the mouth

oh okay what model is it?

Actually nevermind, if he gave it a glowing review a bunch of normie fuck retards would have bought one and made the ebay prices rise

Sorry desu :c
gizmodo.com/my-adventure-with-an-11-year-old-thinkpad-1820617879

>tfw he likes lenovos """changes"""

I am not very strong desu, but I get the feeling of disgust.

That might be true still pisses me off.
thinkpad 240, desu it has a pentium 2 based celeron. It needs a new battery though.

You people NEED normie retards to keep shitting on thinkpads and old computers as "slow garbage", or else they'll drive up the prices and end your little gold mine of $100 beater laptops.

STEERS AND QUEERS AND CHEAP THINKPADS

TAKE OFF YOUR PROGRAMMING SOCKS AND DRESS LIKE A BOY AND MAYBE I WILLL FUCK YOU.

>thinkpad 240, desu it has a pentium 2 based celeron. It needs a new battery though.
wow that is completely rare and crazy. where did you get it and how much did cost

>tfw texan, god damn it.
Honestly I really like those socks, like sometimes I just wear them around my apartment now that its getting cold.
It cost me a Mac SE and a x61.

Desu goes at the end of the sentence dipshit.

he did put it at the end

This. I got a T60 for 50 bucks and it came with a docking station. These journalists are doing God's work.

what's this Sup Forums Approved Drinkā„¢?

Semen.

OK so im a normie fag cunt fucking shitstain

now we got that out of the way, the meme follow your dreams is obviously a lie.

I have an opportunity to study Information Technology. I Know CS CS CS.

But i'm in this position the problem is I don't really know shit about computers. Obviously,I use one a fucking lot but MY QUESTION. For someone who is relatively intelligent. How hard would it be to do a degree in I.T do you think that going in blind is ok and I'll just pick it up as I go?

Desu IT is easy compared to compsci. Management information systems is medium difficulty though. Gotta do business courses too desu.

IT is probably nothing if you're at least competent.

Unless you have the Core 2 Duo X60, it does kind of suck. It's a shame because it's the only ThinkPad you can install Libreboot to without having to mess with the hardware.

MIS is fucking easy m8, the only ugly sides are calc/stats/physics if you are bad at basic sciences and accounting because fuck that shit.

>called the indicator lights ancient hieroglyphics

I don't recall normies being this fucking retarded

I've done most of my business classes desu, and I got 4.0s in my accounting courses. Its not hard because of the difficulty, it just can be tedious and boring.

Econ was kinda interesting though.
Nah desu you can do it on the t60 as well and a core duo is still ok, just get the low voltage core duo from the x60s it has a tdp of 15w instead of 30w. So the machine will get decent battery life.

Hey look, it's trapcode!

>implying normies use Thinkpads

This is pretty much guaranteed since normal people all want windows and windows 10 runs like shit on 10 year old laptops.

He could have put an SSD, he could have put 7 (Normies will use 7) he could have put ram in.

But he didn't desu :c

CONSUME MODERN ELECTRONICS NOW
INSTALL DATAMINING OS NOW