FIREFOX QUANTUM ram usage!!!!!!!

Bois , i have given into the botnet because FUCKIGN FIREFOX quantum takes so much ram with like 3 tabs open, it gives me an error "a page is slowing down your browser, would you like us to stop it" or something, I had to switch to chrome and not chromium because chromium gave me problems with html5 video, so my question is why does firefox seem to take a shitload more ram then when it wasnt "quantum"
keep in mind, i tried it on two machines with 8gb of ram, and no don't tell me to upgrade my ram to fucking browse youtube
thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pVNvSuA2mM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i am furious rigth now!

Download more ram.

Let me guess. You're on windows amirite

> install gentoo

What the fuck is wrong with everyone who gets their ram eaten by quantum? I didn't get it over 1G so far.

Pale moon doesn't have this problem.

Get over it and git gud
ma nigga

The new Firefox is delegating processing tasks to the ram. They exploit the architecture of our ram. They encode the data for the ram in a special way. In this form it isn't readable by the os. Afterwards they overload your ram to let the necessary bits flip in it. This way they are faster in processing the pages. However this process consumes more ram.

I literally have 1.5GB of RAM used with 3 tabs open and UBO as my only extension.

Quantum is trash desu

How hard it is to download more RAM?
tech illiteracy of Sup Forums is shocking...

Due certain constraints, the character ! causes a bug that use 50MB per instance.
Just avoid using em, specially on bold text and you will be fine.

niggers think ram costs money and they'd rather spend it on crack and malt liqour

i'm tired., so tired to make myself think that quantum is better than chromium. it just eats at least 1gb of ram more with the same one Sup Forums tab open and still refreshes the page slower. i give up after a week

>14 posts
>13 IPs

Don't worry, they're just checking every site you visit for fake news so they can redirect you to a huffpo article or CNN opinion piece for reeducation.

Chrome is no better at eating your ram numbnuts.

The real problem is that FF shits itself when you have two side by side windows and high energy usage. Shit really heats up my PC.

Or you can just simplify it
>they use more ram to load pages faster

There is a fucking samefag in this thread

Uh yes, obviously.

I'm on a fucking 2009 Macbook and it runs perfectly with less than 1g of ram usage while also running spotify and photoshop cs6.

People that are having issues with it are either trolls or retarded.

This thread just reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=_pVNvSuA2mM

[spoiler]I actually don't hate minecraft it can be fun if you ignore some of the community and there's tons of awesome mod/mod packs to explore if you get bored with vanilla [/spoiler]

have fun being cucked by moonchild.
he'll block all yar favorite addons.

>he didn't fall for the 16 GiB of RAM meme

if you're gonna run chrome why not at least run srware iron or some other open source build of chromium
this level of cuckoldry is unnecessary

Kys