What if we had ram and cpus on the same cards? Like have a motherboard 8 slots for ram/CPU cards

What if we had ram and cpus on the same cards? Like have a motherboard 8 slots for ram/CPU cards.

>mah transfere rates
>mah thermals
>mah wtf is this shit
Just stop.

Cards are double sided so some heat pipe setup will be better.

What if we had cpu gpu and ram on the same card? Main motherboard just handled sound, storage and ports, and you could upgrade your computer modular style with 'upgrade boards' that made everything faster?

What if we replace processors with gpus????

>RAM module dies
>Have to bin the CPU as well

No.

What if we had ram, cpu, gpu, motherboard, peripherals, cooling solutions and psu all in one box? Then you can just stack these boxes until you have enough processing power.

What if we buy 1 card for everything?
Just imagine 1 card which already have RAM, CPU, GPU, HDD, no loose components!
Wouldn't that be awesome?

You'll probably die before your RAM does. In fact...

*unrars katana*

I'll guarantee it!

Then what runs the OS/

NividOS

What if we had random access permanent storage that is as fast as random access volatile storage
Then we could avoid stupid memory page fetching and copying

Thing is this actually makes sense. Pc components often need to be designed in a way that ensures they are compatible with everything else, and then it's never quite 100%.

WHAT IF WE BECOME RAM

The Pentium II was on a card

Ahh yessss. The Slot-A days. The early P-IIIs were also, up through about 700-800 MHz when it was discovered what a clusterfuck Slot-A was and then they went back to sockets. I had a dual-CPU board that plugged in a pair of 900 MHz P-IIIs on Slot-A cards. Had 3 x 256 MB DDR ECC RAM chips in it. Win2K Pro just screamed on that system.

>I was a god. Once.

I had RAM fail before. Not often but it happens. I don't feel like getting extra unlucky,

I think they are testing that idea with 3d CPU's.

why use proprietary Russian rar, when you have tar + gzip

Bump

>.tar.gz
7-zip

What was the problem with slots? And why were they introduced in the first place?

this is precisely what happened to my AST 386/25, a bunch of copper traces rusted out

What if we had m2 ssd and ram on the same board for optimizing gb capacity in memory and for storage?

>ram/cpu cards
nigger what are you on about?
how the fuck are you going to cool that shit?

that's easy, you nimwit

Why we can't optimize OS so they run from ram?

What is every mobile SoC ever?

Ye, I've wondered that too.

Also, why arent cpu and gpu cards in one with changeable processors and using rams for both? And changeable ofc.

what would be the upside of this? the CPU is not directly wired to the RAM so the signals CPURAM would still need to go through the mobo and you wouldn't save any time here.

Where do they before the ram?

Ill take what is a laptop for $500 thanks