I just moved my speakers and realised I've had the positive and negative wires mixed up for the last 8 years...

I just moved my speakers and realised I've had the positive and negative wires mixed up for the last 8 years, I always thought my speakers were just shit. You guys ever do anything full retard tech related?

I kept my high end speakers near a wall for years (ok 1 foot away from wall). A review corrected me, now they are 6 feet from wall or so and sound great

>now they are 6 feet from wall or so and sound great

Whats it like in your sound cell user?

enlighten me.
Why does the distance between the speakers and the wall matter?
I assume you mean the back side of the speakers.

I once bought an Apple computer.

Never again.

I twice bought an Android-based phone.

Never again.

>You guys ever do anything full retard tech related?

I bought a ThinkPad E550

I bought le gaymer mobo

I once installed gentoo.

Never again.

doesn't matter with tweeters, but subwoofers create a bass buildup since low frequencies are omnidirectional

had a really thick glass screen protector over my screen for years and could never figure out why the front camera was so shit

it was covering the camera

Very respectable.

How big of a difference are we talking here? My sub is 30cm from a wall and I don't notice shit, I got concrete walls though.

equisxd

Bought AMD freesync monitor with a brand new Nvidia GPU :')

I put DDR2 stick into DDR slot. It didn't want to get there at first, but with additional force I managed to install it. Couple of contacts on ram stick burned, but computer survived.

this is not funny, its just stupid

I browse & post on Sup Forums. Sadly, I've been doing so for over 7 years. I-I'm n-not ashamed!

back to R/eddit with your shitty humour scum

bought a thinkpad

I didn't believe the planned obsolescence meme, updated my 5s to iOS11 and ruined my phone

Same here bud. Spent $500 on a 1440p 144 hz freesync monitor when I bought my gtx 1080. It was my first custom build.

Best buy has some really good black Friday deals going on for monitors though, picked up a Dell S2716DG (same exact specs as current monitor but with g-sync) for only tree fiddy.

Not really sure what to do with the freesync monitor though, guess I'll just throw it up on Craigslist or something.

just downgrade again

nah but I keep telling myself im ok with it, at the end my gpu is only a GTX 1060 and anyways at that price range was freesync 144hz or just 144hz

There's no way to accomplish this - you could only downgrade for a week after the iOS 11 release

won't upgrade ever again to iOS11 with my SE. I tried it for the first week and was fucking shit

>positive and negative wires mixed up
wouldn't have made a difference retard

??? What. It makes a huge difference.

phase inversion doesn't matter most of the time

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, if you reverse the wires on one speaker (in respect to the other), the audio waves from them will be 180 degrees out of phase and cancel each other out, which I can easily see negatively impacting sound quality.

lol, nice try
>music engineer here

no it doesn't. to the air it doesn't matter if the membrane moves forward or backward. in both cases it generates exactly the same sound waves.

my dad works at nintendo and says it doesn't matter

I was getting static and distortion, now it's perfect and also louder on my center and surround speakers, they were barely audible before.

lol yes but waves cancel from one speaker to other if they have inverted phase

Yes, I bought a Samsung S4 years ago after my beloved Blackberry Bold started having issues. Had I waited a bit longer, I would have bought a Blackberry Passport. After the death of the S4 due to screen failure, I got myself a new Blackberry Keyone. Fuck you, I'm not going back to software keyboards ever again.

op didn't say he switched only one speaker's wires though. sounded like he did it with both speakers.

Its a 5.1 surround, did it with all of them.

We had to put asset tags on a load of company equipment once, including mobile phones. Afterwards we started getting complaints that people couldn't make calls anymore. Turns out that metallic asset tags placed over where the antenna probably was located make good mobile signal blockers.

You're wrong.
Getting speakers to cancel each other out is very difficult because the waves need to overlap, which means they need to be the exact same distance from each of your ears and generating the exact same frequencies (so mono output).

Most likely you fucked something else up or didn't even put the wires in properly.

You were retarded enough to connect them the wrong way, you probably didn't even connect them properly.