Should have shelled out more for an IPS monitor

Should have shelled out more for an IPS monitor.

Indeed.

>RDX vs TNT

Yes. You should have.

Also you have to see it in person to realize how shit TN is.

There's a new pixio 27" 2k 144hz with no bezels by the way, kind of salty because I got the Acer which is fine.

is these gaming monitors worth it? i though of buying the acer with IPS and 1440p, but i mostly program, watch series and do some casual gaming.

if you actually want to be good at gaming, you have to buy a tn panel.

>144hz
>1ms response
>not curved
>1080p

ips and va panels with those specs do not exist, therefore they're a waste of time.

I dont know why they call them "gaming monitors". 4ms response IPS panels aren't suited for gaming.
They look nice though.

Just got IPS panel for my thinkpad.
Proper CRT level quality!

I took this pic last night of my laptop with an ips screen next to my sister in laws laptop with a TN screen... Never realized how much of a difference there was until they were right next to each other.

>his 1ms response gayming monitor has 40ms input lag
l m a o

HOL UP

Are you telling me there are no good 1440p, 144 Hz, IPS screens?

I was planning a big upgrade next year, I thought the technology was already there.

All models that are 1440/144/IPS seem to have backlight bleeding problems, what's the fucking deal?

IPS is so outdated. if you want a super large screen size, enjoy your input lag. Just get a VA panel or an oled if you're made of money.

I did a ton of research on monitors looking for the best overall, ended up getting a s2417dg and it's a hell of a monitor. $370 with gsync, 165hz with 1ms delay tn. Dell made it for true gaming.

Should I pull the trigger on this?

>Acer ED242QR Abidpx
>Curved
>23.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA
>144Hz Refresh Rate
>4MS Response Time
>$170

I would use it for anime and games. I've been using a 20" 1680 x 1050 monitor for the past ten years.

Save and get 1440p, i can't play 1080p anymore seeing the difference. Games like pubg i don't even need 8x scope

tn is fucking horrendous. it looks like there is milk film over the display nomatter what settings you use

>Not getting a VA panel
It's like you're allergic to good contrast.

I'd say get it. For that price, it's the same cost of a TN. Don't like it? sell it for 200 on ebay. VA 144hz panels normally go for 220 dollars, used.

>He thinks a 4ms response time vs 1ms is going to make a difference unless you're a professional

Not the dude who you're replying to, but yeah 1440p is nice, but also needs a better card to drive it.
Sucks since I want a nice 1440p monitor or better video card but have a hard time justifying the money to do both (~$700 USD)

A 1080 would do 1440p just fine. Tbh i only use the 144hz for games like csgo or pubg. Other than that gtav i keep capped at 60hz because even my 1080ti cant keep up

No thanks I don't enjoy backlight bleed.
S2417DG 166hz gsync 1ms response because I'm not a dipshit that thinks over saturated washed out colors with glowing blacks looks good because it doesn't color shift.

>shift slightly in your seat
>contrast shifts with you

VA a shit.

>VA
Enjoy your shit response times and inversion smear on everything

I have a BenQ IPS. What now

Let me help you with that:
>I want it
There, that's all the justification you need.

Is dell ultrameme 27" 1440p worth it?
Also, which one? There are like 3 models with almost the same specs, name and looks. Prices are more or less the same too.

used to own a x220 tablet with a IPS touchscreen and now I have a T430 with a TN and OH MY GOD do I miss the x220t screen.

When you go IPS you literally cannot watch a TN panel without puking ever again

Nigger unless you're playing really twitchy shit like hardcore FPSs or fighting games anything bellow 10ms is good enough.

Yep, you should have

I can't say for the 1440p models but i got two U2417Hs (1080p) and they're pretty great, though to be honest i only use them for photo/video editing, watching chinese cartoons and playing slow paced games.

I never understood this no-bezel thing.

You can ALWAYS trust manufacturers to produce fake "no-bezel" shots, when 100% of them, without fail, in fact have at least 5mm of bezel, or 1mm of bezel and the last 5mm of screen before the bezel be black.
And on the other hand you can ALWAYS trust the niche of consumers, whos nr. 1 wet dream is slim bezels for some reason, coming out of the woodwork and getting bamboozled and mad every time a monitor is advertised like this.

Wouldn't trust Pixio with my money, by the way

>thinks you have to be a professional to see shitty ghosting artifacts
Response time, not input lag. 4ms input lag is perfectly fine.

>IPS vs TN
>must pick one
Why the fuck can I only have one? They have different strengths, buy both and use each for the purposes they are suited for.

Lads, what's a good monitor that'll be good to watch out for this Cyber Monday. I'll want to be playing 144hz IPS on 1440p but 1080p 114hz is preferable. I've got a GTX 1080 Ti at the moment but I'm just building a new PC.

I'm getting an 8700k, tomorrow.

Recommend me a 1080p/1440p with 144hz without the jew-sync bullshit.