>>63532645

>FTP
Well, weird idea maybe but you COULD transfer files from/to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

lars-lab.jpl.nasa.gov/JPL_Coding_Standard_C.pdf
homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/dts/pm/Papers/nasa-c-style.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The readme is pretty self-explanatory.

mmm

Can I use this as free cloud storage?

If it's pictures or video from a decent camera this size checks out.

Downloading now.

nice, tell me what's there, my internet is 3mbs.

43% and 7 mins left. Only 100Mbit at work.

Extracting archive. . .

Nice, thanks a lot user

677 photos from the ISS in .nef format.

They are about 18MB a piece. 4256 x 2832. I converted one to jpeg for your viewing pleasure.

thank you so much, i have a new wallpaper nw.

>CA, noise, dead pixels
wew NASA should buy a proper camera. they spend too much money on diversity hires and covering up their mistakes

ayy lmao

>tfw you'll never go to space

bump

>imagine actually thinking this is real
some of the fakest shit i've ever seen.

Space isn't very friendly to cameras. They die because of high energy particles fucking it up.

EXIF for reference.

A bit early to call this. I'm 33 and private space exploration is pretty much the hype now.

damn nice desu

Don't care, space is cool and all but let's be honest humanity has no future among the stars anyway.

>no future among the stars anyway
I'm sorry but where are we now exactly?

lars-lab.jpl.nasa.gov/JPL_Coding_Standard_C.pdf
homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/dts/pm/Papers/nasa-c-style.pdf

I'm a bit younger than you but except if I become wealthy enough for space tourism or somehow became a member a Lunar or Martian colony, I'm bound to stay here on Earth and look at the stars when I'm not in the city.
Anyway, I think robot exploration is much more relevant.

Auth?

BUBBLES IN SPACE

You know.. you can actually go to Canada and see those yourself. You DO know that, right? Right?

the ISS isn't real

>I'm sorry but where are we now exactly?
We're at the point where: it's been 45 years since a human set foot on another celestial body, the world's premier superpower has no way of their own of sending people into space anymore and the world is moving again towards lower standards of living due to overpopulation and limits to growth. The way I see it, humanity's peak was already a while ago unfortunately. Still, the future looks "interesting" in its own way.

Go back to /x/

Huh? NASA is building the SLS
And space x and Boeing will demo NASA commercial crew program next year
You are too pessimistic

To piggy on that, one web and star link will make space internet great again
Blue origin is working on operational reusability
Bigelow is investing on expandable habitats
We are going to probe Europa soon

webm from the images.

fake as fuck

Why can't you just appreciate this over its aesthetics instead of whining about irrelevant details. You must be fun at parties, geez.

Incoming Files Instructions

If you have a file you would like to upload or transfer to another user, place it in ftp://ftp.hq.nasa.gov/incoming/ (see instructions below). This directory is set up to allow uploads and disallow downloads. Once a file is placed into “incoming,” the individual placing the file should notify both the intended recipient and the FTP System Administrator: [email protected]

All great and all and I welcome it but that changes nothing about some of the truly insurmountable challenges for both humanity or interstellar spacefaring. Dreams are great and necessary but I choose to focus on things that seem realistic and within reach (to me at least) instead of believing in some euphoric techno-utopian fantasy that never seems to materialize.

Ask yourself this question: could YOU personally achieve the dreams you have for humanity (given the chance)? If not then why trust others to do it? That's an awful lot of trust in people who are essentially not much different from you or me.You could even call that blind faith, not too different from religion.

LOL this isn't real

>Ask yourself this question: could YOU personally achieve the dreams you have for humanity (given the chance)? If not then why trust others to do it? That's an awful lot of trust in people who are essentially not much different from you or me.You could even call that blind faith, not too different from religion.
Could one person build a skyscraper? Of course not, the whole idea is ludicrous. Yet we, as a species, seem to have managed to build a lot of skyscrapers. If believing that humanity will eventually colonize other planets and perhaps even other solar systems is faith, then so be it but claiming that it's blind seems a bit too much. We know such a future is possible, and there are a lot of awfully smart people working on it.

I get your point
And it applies a lot to me
I'm in a third world
And just joined college for an aerospace degree
I'm just trying to make the best of what I have

It looks so happy.

>1990s
Is it still relevant

Of course technical feats are a collaborative work but I was talking more in a general sense like do you feel like you could start to imagine how a practical interstellar drive could work and do the math etc for example. In the end somebody needs to do the "heavy lifting".

>and there are a lot of awfully smart people working on it
Let's hope they work fast then since global IQ's are declining. We're living under dysgenic conditions at the moment. I always thought that I was of pretty average intelligence (I guessed around IQ105-110) but apparently I'm in the top 3% percentile and, speaking as an engineering student, I have no idea how to start creating the quasi-magic tech that people seem to expect of the future. Thermodynamics and the laws of physics are a thing you know. Good luck to the 3% that's smarter than me though.

>I'm just trying to make the best of what I have
That's the spirit! Make sure you make smart decisions though. Money is a claim on wealth and can only be spent once so make sure it's spent thoughtfully and with a goal in mind that will pay off.

Am I on /x/?