Im fucking tired of looking at python code, seeing 40 different modules at the top...

im fucking tired of looking at python code, seeing 40 different modules at the top, and people expecting me to understand to how read and use their obscure FAG modules and reading cryptic code designed by some FAG in san diego who doesnt know shit about a compiler and only knows fucking basic HTML and python.

why cant there be a vanilla revolution like there was for pajeetscript. i want to fucking go back. we need to go back.

also python is not lisp, why are fucking arrays called lists??

>must import half the base 'functionality' to have a decently general purpose language
>hufuhfufuffuhfruhrfhurfhfurf

Did a masters degree and had to take a course involving programming. Was in Python. I had a Java, PHP, JSP, MySQL dev background. Lecturer/prof dude was like OP's pic related. Would ask him a basic question relating to converting a String to an array of single characters and he simply didnt understand the premise of the question. Useless at teaching computer science. other students failing to get their head around hello world level code. Get 100% for the entire course except the group project which was a near fail. Python was a mistake. Serious programmers don't use Python.

>serious programmer don't use python
>lists java and php as background
you sound like you have a degree in women studies and are 2 month in hrt, because only a faggot would whine like a bitch like you do

learn C faggot.

>2017
>being a code monkey
why haven't you bought bitcoin in 2010 ,user?

You only need to know a small bunch of libraries, most are pretty well documented. Can count them with my fingers unlike with JavaScript where any project has a huge package.json flooded with dependencies like left-pad.js.

C needs even more dependencies unless you find reinventing dynamic arrays, maps and queues somehow amusing.

I'm also up for the Python hate. The true mark of a mediocre developer.

Remember when Unity dumped Python? Lol, good times.

Haskell is how a high level language should work.
Python is bad.

I hate python so fucking much. It's borderline unreadable to me.

OCaml is really the best of both worlds. Functional+declarative by default with the ability to for imperative programming.

>reinventing dynamic arrays, maps and queues somehow amusing.
Most everyone in Sup Forums got that down tbqh

sounds like he got a degree in languages people other than Sup Forums neets actually use

>why are fucking arrays called lists??
Because they're not fucking arrays you absolute retard.

>degree in php
holy shit nigga, stop samefagging, you are pathetic

I understand the hate, but this thread is crazy.

Python is a basic script language. Turn pseudo code into something that saves you a few minutes a day and don't expect anything else and you'll be fine.

It's this the thread for brainlets?

>F# masstre dong reporting in

Backend development is a cushy, well paying job on the east coast

Shut you mouth. Python is a pretty language.

have fun with your code being outperformed by scripting languages because of your shitty data structure implementations

well, it enforces indentation rules so ofc code written by beginners/brainlets looks good. but ruby is actually better and prettier than python, if you dont abuse it's syntax. you can write absolutely disgusting code with ruby, but if you use common sense, you will be fine.

>some FAG in san diego
...do...

do you think silicon valley is in southern california?

guys, we need to kill all of the pajeets. this is getting out of hand.

Ruby won't get you a job, though.

>assuming that the average py faggot can outperform even the shittiest C programs
Do they teach you that in the "introduction to cs with python" course, too?

Why do you need to convert a string to a char array? For internal use, strings do everything lists do (iterable, slices, etc). If you need to write bytes to the outside world you encode it in utf-8 or whatev.

I don't get the hate python gets, it's a great tool for the right jobs. It's a simple scripting language that's intended to be easy to understand and quick to write, but that's all it is. It's great for quickly putting together some script or smaller projects where performance isn't an issue, but don't go around throwing shit at it that it's not intended for and then complaining that it gets ugly and slow.

If you're having trouble reading fucking python written by some soyboy in California who just imports all the functionality anyways, you're just bad at your job. At least the """code artisan""" has enough brainpower to read documentation and copy-paste together software you can sell. All you do is dick around reimplementing trees that segfault when you try to balance them.

Please, never touch a text editor again. You're legitimately less skilled than a pythonista

>why are fucking arrays called lists
Because a list is the general term for a collection of indexed elements. A linked list is also a list.

I don't know what you're on about. Python is one of the easiest languages to read, especially because it's possible to eliminate almost all boilerplate.

He's larping, or doesn't know power of python and why it's popular.

Python has a weird way of going about things and unless your using Cython is borderline one of the most inefficient programming languages in terms of resources used at runtime. That being said, its not as chaotic as yall like to make it out to be. I'll take python any day in the week over a backend web language that thinks having == and === comparison operators is sane.
This.

sure it can when some Sup Forumsay decides to implement his own hashtables in C

>Would ask him a basic question relating to converting a String to an array of single characters
Which is a stupid question. Python doesn't have a type for a single char. Only single-character strings. Even then, it's still a stupid question because 99% of the time there's no need to. Strings already effectively act as lists of characters, and all the list operations that would work on an immutable list will work on strings.

>seeing 40 different modules at the top
anyone with more than 2 functioning neuron cells could see that happening, in the moment they were introduced to libraries, in any language.
i was 12 year old when i realized this, whenever i see threads like this, i feel like i dodged a fucking bullet.

It would need to be a pretty bad implementation to be outdone by Python.

I'm finally at that stage where I am actually almost an intermediate programmer but to spending time in the java gulags. Should I abandon my mission and try out Rust or C for a bit and come back to Java? Professor is a poo.

Any sane Python library developer is going to put a Cython wrapper over some C library for hash tables. This is exactly what Pandas does.

>Lecturer/prof dude was like OP's pic related. Would ask him a basic question relating to converting a String to an array of single characters and he simply didnt understand the premise of the question.
tst_str="like this?"
ch_array=[c for c in tst_str]

dunno why you'd ever need to do that, since tst_str[n] will give you individual characters anyway

unless you want a plain bytes array, since python strings are UTF-8, and you just do bytes(tst_str,"utf-8")
or if it's hardcoded, b"here's a plain ascii c-string"

there's a handful of reasons, but here's my two:
>"pythonic" anything
read: let's make the common, expected syntax for this weird just to piss off people who write in other languages regularly
>forced indents
if you're aware of the problems, you can nip them in the bud pretty easily (read: just run tabs to spaces like all the time), but it's still dumb
I indent properly normally, but there's an assload of places and things that strip extra whitespace. With other symbols present to indicate blocks, you can automatically reformat shit if needed.

actually, for years, I ended up putting #end if/while/def or whatever after a block in shit I wrote myself for myself

>I'll take python any day in the week over a backend web language that thinks having == and === comparison operators is sane.

t. Crafted with

...are you actually advocating PHP (or JS lol) over Python?

I'm not sure what is bad with importing functionality. Why bother re-inventing the wheel every time you need to go for a drive?

I use python more for data analysis than actual programming....

And what is your excuse for not using well documented libraries and code completion?

my introduction was in c

>What is numpy?
Call me when your code outperforms openBLAS or MKL.

This.
Every python thread I have to remind people it's the greatest frontend for scientific computing ever.

>lists C libs, demands outperform them in C to prove that python is not slow
retardation is strong in this one.

>Would ask him a basic question relating to converting a String to an array of single characters

[char.srip() for char in "OP is a faggot"]

I meant char.strip(). Truly a fail

The funny part is the actual solution is just list("string goes here").

THIS

REAL programmers program directly in machine code.

python is dead, perl 6 is the future of programming

Yes. Which is different from some random fa/g/ implementing his own shitty hash tables.

Real programmers manually solder the correct transistors together

>tfw i use the python interactive shell as a terminal calculator

Everyone does.

You want to go back?
All we have to do is start putting bullets in the brains of cuckputer scientists.

far better than learning the limited idiosyncratic syntax of bc or dc or ick or yuck or whatever

>im fucking tired of looking at python code
>seeing 40 different modules at the top
>expecting me to understand to how read and use their obscure FAG modules

Are you sure you're using Python and not Node.js? Or are they both cancer?

Depends on how much functionality you import, who wrote said functionality, what other functionalities your wheel depends on, etc

I'll get a job as a Chef instead.

Everything is fine as long as it has monads and lazyness.

IIRC you can just do foo = ”bar”
fooList = list(foo)

>vanilla revolution like there was for pajeetscript
What are you referring to?

Its better to use popular and proven modules instead of writing your own code, especially if you don't fully understand the intricacies of the task at hand. Rolling your own JSON or bcrypt implementation is a stupid idea

beause its not a fucking array you dumb nigger