ARE YOU FCUCKING KIDDING ME!?

techpowerup.com/239106/atari-team-teases-us-with-photos-of-upcoming-ataribox-controller

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bCO8bepGZi0
youtube.com/watch?v=GwxJyb1G6kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrong board, shitter.

Atari is technologi, you jeeve monkei.

Looks cheap but they're definitely trying to sell based on nostalgia

I expected way worse. Like a Steam shitroller or even worse - X-BAWWWKZ """""(((design)))""""". The simplicity of this is the absolute genius of unbeaten time-tested design.

I will unironically buy one of these for mame classics if it's good.

haven't really heard anything about the project. Will it be a glorified Atari 2600 emulator?
are people who have nostalgia over Atari still alive?

>inb4 the controller is the whole console

>if it's good
It's more powerful than PS 4 because it's on Zen APU, not old Jaguar/Bobcat APU, so it'll undoubtedly be good as they're currently establishing contracts with big companies and indies alike to develop new exclusive IPs for it as as making AAAs for it. It's also being directly endorsed and supervised by Nolan Bushnell himself since he returned to the company.

>Will it be a glorified Atari 2600 emulator?
No, though it'll play classics naturally. They're actually wanting to fully remake most of the notorious 2600 classics, with new graphics and gameplay mechanics.

That guy must have played pole position
youtube.com/watch?v=bCO8bepGZi0

>They're actually wanting to fully remake most of the notorious 2600 classics, with new graphics and gameplay mechanics.
They should add a couple of extra buttons on the controller to emphasize this.

Oh look another chinkshit-powered emulation box for clueless normalfags.

This is just a standard default classic joystick. Naturally there will be something akin to modern designs released alongside or slightly after. Like with Switch's PRO controller.

I'm I meant I would unironically buy the controller. Don't need the rest of it.

i have a creepy feeling this will become a hit
>god have mercy upon our souls...

who are you quoting

>Ataribox to release summer 2018
Hoooboy, cannot wait for DAT E3 2018. Just imagine DAT Atari show floor and DAT presentation
youtube.com/watch?v=GwxJyb1G6kk

Atari nostalgia is really unimpressive.

Massive sets like this sell for less than 1 or 2 SNES cartridges

I mean it IS a linux machine so you can hook up whatever you want.
Plus this controller might be for the old 2600 games

What the fuck kind of worthless reply is that

Stay mad, jive monkey

Stream controller is great. Best controller ever.

three times the grooves to scrape and collect the grimy shit from your hands.

Looks cool, but pretty much this I'm probably one of the biggest Atari fans in this thread, and I don't really "get" this console.

Happy to see it back up there. maybe 15? years ago I would list similarly sized sets on eBay for around $150. Then emulation of the 2600 actually got *good*. You'd think such a primitive machine would've been emulated well much sooner. what once sold for $150 would sell for $50, and wasn't worth my time.

meme forced by marketing agency
sage
ignore
etc.

Should have just made it a genesis controller.

Stay mad, jive turkey

The same flagging is real. Fuck off shill. I was gonna buy an atari box now I'm not.

U MAD

The point is to blend in if you're attempting this.
> mfw you're in timeline when marketing derps have descended into Sup Forums for market intelligence and meme spread...
> mfw it's happening
> It's finally fucking happening

Fucc, why is it so aesthetic?

so much for "stealth" marketing

In the end it's another plastic-box.

>Atari nostalgia is really unimpressive
It's not like 90% of those games will keep you occupied more than five minutes.

I love groovy Atari Wojak

Unless someone roots it and gets it running retropie, it'll end up as a dust covered ornament or in the bottom of a wardrobe after a week.

Anyone older than 40-50 should remember it.

And it's another of the dozens of chunk Atari retro thingies that people get as stocking stuffers at Christmas and quickly donate to the Goodwill Store.

atari games are the worst example of overhyped nostalgia. The things are unplayable.

This is suppose to be a custom zen apu so its different

Most of the games for the 2600 are unplayable by todays standard, but 5200 and up along with the 8 bit computers and ST have are good

>"Atari"
>having money to pay for semi-custom R&D
Ayy.

Most normies only know about the 2600 and arcade games, they don't know of the computer line.

They're unlikely to get a large number of mainstream titles ported to this thing. They might be able to bankroll ports for a few dated games, but nothing more.

Atari published Witcher.
They have the money.

Supposedly it runs GNU/Linux

>They have the money.
You do understand how much money you need for a semi-custom design?
And after that, for tapeout and validation?

And do you understand that this is also venture capital funded plus whatever kick starter makes?

Then assuming that they haven't made a mess of the distribution, at least it should be technically straighforward to port Unreal Engine / Unity games.

>And do you understand that this is also venture capital funded plus whatever kick starter makes?
You do understand that AMD must be also willing to waste R&D time for semi-custom design for what is basically a NUC?
Right when RTG is ON F I R E trying to make Vega work?
Silly shill, AMD has no time for silly things anymore.

>semi-custom design for what is basically a NUC?

I would imagine that this is just a design for an NUC equivalent or mid-range laptop that's been thrown into an Atari case, especially if it's just some generic x64 system running Linux.

So, current RR die?
Ye.

Yes, I'm not the guy you've been arguing with. The idea that they've spent any amount of resources outside of case and joystick design for this thing is ridiculous.

> mfw corporate fucks will never learn how to hire a guy who knows what he's doing to get the intended goal done properly.
> mfw its always some derp a couple of standards of deviations who claims to have expertise that fucks it up

I guess this must be what we look like to normies.

>tfw can blend in perfectly with normans

Why can't all tech look this good.

Looks good, hopefully it's not just a box that runs android.

The sleek black brick was perfect with the PS2 but as a rule Sony has been very good on the asthetics front for a long time (basically since the walkman which was a phenomenal design success despite looking simply today).

I still have my atari 800XL that I bought when I was a kid. along with my 2600 and shitloads of carts.

I remember when Atari came out and still play it sometimes. I doubt anyone will be fondly remembering ps4 in 40 years, considering everyone's already forgotten about ps3.

Go back to >>Sup Forums you disgusting faggot

You're not from here. I suggest you lurk a little longer before I call this a double agent "no publicity is bad publicity" operation, faggot.