/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

electronics.woot.com/offers/google-pixel-verizon-and-gsmsd?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=woot_widget
ebay.com/itm/332418307145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is the best smartphone on the market right now?

ipx

Oh I forgot. what is the best android smartphone on the market right now?

APOLOGIZE

The 5T performs much better in low light than the 5

Xiaomi Mi A1

LG G5 or Moto G5+

No I don't want midrange I want highend.

if only it wasn't so fucking large

why can't these fucks make a phone with a Galaxy S8 footprint?

"Best"? V30.

Moto G5S+

Because large screens are the trend right now anno 2017.

Xiaomi Redmi 4X with 3GB of ram.
130 eurobucks
To use as a reliable phone with some apps, not heavily as a smartphone.
Yay? Nay?

is bezelless even good?

don't you need bezels do actually hold the phone without obstructing on-screen buttons and the likes?

if you don't mind chink shit with zero support or warranty, go for it

Is Huawei P10 still a good purchase?

Nay. Get Note 4 Global

It's black friday, S8+ at 550 euros, same as the OP5T

The S8 is superior, it's waterproof and has a good camera, but Im really not fond of Touchwizz.

I'm tempted to get the OP. What do you think? Any other phone maybe?

>xiaomi
>reliable

Enjoy ur dead battery in less than 1 year

You could install a custom launcher that'll get rid of most of the TouchWiz issues

What am in for with the Samsung S8?

twice the botnet

A beautiful phone

Are there any good black friday deals for around 200-300 bucks? I'm looking for
>build quality
>battery life
>hardware good enough to not slow down my UX
>a camera that isn't complete dogshit
>a vibration motor that doesn't make a disgusting "nblehhhh" sound
>nice ram and internal storage, with sd slot
No clue on what screen size I'm looking for.

If there aren't any good deals today I'll actually do some research later and buy one in a week or so.

Is Yalp store on LineageOS free from Google's botnet?

Moto G5 Plus for $225

Juste broke my phone, need another one
>Country
France
>Carrier
SFR
>Features
Solid and good battery life. A good camera would also be very nice.
I don't really care about performance, I just want smth good enough for browsing, listening to music and watch some videos.
>Budget
If there's an option under 300€ that'd be great
>Size
Average, between 4.7" and 5" is good for me

electronics.woot.com/offers/google-pixel-verizon-and-gsmsd?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=woot_widget

330$ refurbished pixels

Galaxy A3 2017

G5S+ although I haven't heard much about improvements over the G5+ (I think the dual camera sensors were said to not be better than the G5+ and they don't offer an optical zoom. gsmarena doesn't have a comparison chart for either)

I just got a Moto Z Play and it's my first amoled but I almost got a G5+ after comparing with my friend's.

LG G5 won't even have Oreo and all these phones cost about $200-250 right now for 32gb. Most would argue to wait for V20 to get under $250 but that's based on your preference.

Anyone with an xz1 compact? I'm looking to upgrade from my moto g. The only question I've got is how sharp the edges are compared to the round corners of my moto g

Also here's $400 for new 128gb, GSM unlocked White only in stock

ebay.com/itm/332418307145

OP5t , U11 or Essential?
Or should I wait for the U11+?

You could install a custom launcher so you won't have to deal with Touchwiz that much, of course the 5T is going to be much faster than the S8 but the S8 is a better phone overall if you don't mind about the meme curved screen.

Guys, mi a1 for 189usd on gearbest! It's a steal right? I might even buy with the dhl delivery but im a bit afraid of the customs. Please tell me that i'm not going to fuck up

what country are you in and what mobile provider? I wish that phone worked in the US because a xiaomi with android UI would be nice.

What's a good bezel less chinkphone with dual cameras?

Is there any reason to get the Moto Z Play over the Z2 Play other than the battery?

I'm form Ponad, with the Play carrier (P4)
will my phone work page tells me that all's good

DHL means guaranteed customs fees

Really considering returning my pixel 2 for the OnePlus 5t, anyone try the Google camera port on a 5 or 5t? I need a somewhat decent camera, timely software updates and good performance. Budget is 650 USD.

but I want to be sure that the phone will get to me in one piece

IMO just the pricing. Z2 Play has better cameras with the tradeoff of having a normal battery life, but the pricing is around 150-200 difference.

Z Play is cheaper, and the only true improvement the Z2 Play bring to the table was a Gb more of RAM, CPU-wise they're both essentially the same thing

It's a deal then for $189 if that's like their email only promo. I'm about to get the Zhiyun Smooth Q off there for $99 since it'll ship slower but no taxes the total price hasn't been cheaper.

Sony's cameras has always been better than the Omnivision ones with Moto. I just switched from a 3rd gen Moto G to the Z Play and surprisingly the IMX214 on the G is still better in most lighting conditions than the Z Play OV sensor. I don't know why Motorola has such big difference between the processing on the G4 Plus and the Z Play when they're the same damn sensor.

Looking for a phone that's 5 inches and under. What should I get?

You are going to do some nice video shots, user?

Verizon is running a black Friday deal on the Pixel 2 for $13 a month vs. the previous price of like $27. Should I go for it? Time limited offer have to make a decision.

My 20-25kg doggo laid down on my phone for about 10-15 minutes, can this have caused any internal damage to the phone?
The screen isnt cracked and the camera seems to function.

Huawei P10 Lite is the phone, answers will be highly appreciated, I'm worrying a lot at the moment.

I currently have a Huawei P8 with nova. It's closer to stock that way, but Ive tried the nexus 5x and loved it, it's much cleaner even though I have nova.

Judging from the review seems than Samsung is even more bloated and ugly than EMUI, Im not sure an alternative launcher will be enough.

Why do you want to switch? Just curious, I'm about to buy a new phone and the Pixel 2 seems better than the OP5T.

What's your budget? XZ1 Compact is probably the best small phone you can get.

that's a great price for a brand new model. I guess all the internet complaining and acknowledgements by google have paid off.

Screen of my s7 edge broke,
just ordered an s8.
Am i a cuck?

how's the stock experience on a S8 out of the box? Is it usable if you don't care too much about the details?

Yes but not because of the S8

Exactly what I was thinking. Vzw is right down the street. I'm going to finish my coffee, get it together and head that way. Thanks!

New to Android so dumb question, sorry. Without the notification badges, dont you miss important notifications like calls because it get lost in the thoudands mail and youtube notifications in the notification panel ? Or do you all use Tesla unread?

Hey so I'm having trouble with my Lineage device. It's not playing audio from the speakers when I'm using 'media' apps like Newpipe of Spotify. I can get it to work through ringtones etc however. Anyone share this problem? I've tried everything I could think of already.

don't forget that deal is only for people with unlimited data

Explain to me my cuckiness,
i wanna learn.

Yeah I saw that. Looks like all the best phones require it. I guess I'm cool with it. I'll be sure they regret forcing it on me

I need to upgrade my iPhone 6 but am torn between what to get.

iPhone 8, Samsung S8 or Google Pixel 2?

I'm leaning toward the iPhone 8 even though it's the same design as my 6, because I know iOS and it has a lot more processing power than the other two phones.

I use a cover that protects the screen and the rear to avoid that. For my next phone I'll use a case and a screen protector because apparently this doesn't exist for the OP5T.

but just to be clear you're still paying the full price up front, they just apply the credit back on your line over 24 months. so that amounts to about $13 off your monthly bill.

inb4 you finished your covfefe and left.

Ive seen the 1 hour long Flossy Carter video on it and really wasnt amazed. Flossy says it's the best Android phone, though.

Just found out LTE in the meizu m6 note doesn't work in my country, wat do.

>LG
>Best
Pick one
LG hates people rooting their phones. Gave my v20 away after 2 weeks of constant frustration. What a bunch of junk. Never again

Essential phone

Anyone please?

I'm looking for a new phone, my lumia 635 does most of the stuff I need, but not everything and I was thinking about getting an Android flagship in the next months
I was considering a V30 before, but with all this stuff about the screen and LG stuff bootlooping turned me off from it
A few days ago I had the chance to mess around with a S8 and I liked it, I'm just not sure about the software experience since I see people here complaining all the time about it

Is it that hard to root? I've been set on getting one either later tonight or tomorrow and didn't even think to check that.

I have a cracked iphone 4 (not even 4s) on ATT.
Paying $115 for 2 phones. Looking to upgrade because my reception on my iphone has caused me to lose service, calls, texts.. I'm looking to get a reliable phone. I see the S8 is on sale but I've never had an android phone. Is there custom firmware to tinker/customize the phone more? Is it locked down under a restrictive operating system?

I guess I'm looking for an unlocked phone since if AT&T bumps my price up to go somewhere else.

thought on honor 9 ?

What do they say about the S8 software?

How's the screen on the OP5T? I don't care about camera quality, but a nice screen is my highest priority. Basically looking for anything with a great screen that isn't Samsung.

Pls answer, this is the one and only thing preventing me from getting an Android phone.

Yo I need a new phone around 200-300 range. I'm in US right now and I have Sprint as my carrier. I used to have a Galaxy S6 but then I lost it. Seems to be a lot of deal right now but not sure what to pick

How could you not care about cam quality? You never take pics?

Are there any good dumb feature phones that would work in the USA on AT&T?
I've been looking at 3G 850/1900 bands but all the phones are shit. All the good Nokias are all 900/1800. Why do they do this?

buy a flagship now or wait for the SD845?

you want it to play games?

Huawei Mate 10 lite a good idea? I dont like too expensive phones, and this one seems good enough to last. How bad is huaweis os though?

I think Walmart might have galaxy s7 for 299 and moto g5 plus seems nice for less.

I don't think the games i'd play are that heavy, so no
I want something that will get android 9 eventually, is this even possible?

JUST GOT MY 1+ 5T WITHOUT TREBLE SUPPORT AHAHAHA
ASK ME ANYTHING GUYS

What about the camera?

Other than that, would you recommend it? I hesitate between this and the S8.

Would you recommend it over the one plus 5?

Mi Mix 2

>best bezeless setup
>stereo speakers
>7-8hrs SOT
>no burn-in / degrading display
>constantly updated OS
>One of the cheapest SD835 phones, below $500 USD
>camera isn't great but is better than ones like OP5T because it has OIS, so good enough
>6gb RAM for never reloading apps

My counter points to:
>no SD slot
SD cards are far slower than UFS 2.1 internal storage. It's like $30 to go from the 64gb version to 128gb.
>no removable battery
Most phones you can still open up and replace the battery if it's capacity is now bad - I can look this up in 3 years when it matters
>No headphone jack
I never use headphones because I'm always using my car stereo, my home theatre system, or my phone speaker to share with someone else. When I'm mountain biking I'm using wireless earbuds. It doesn't really apply to me.

has anyone here actually bought a meizu m6 note? I'm really tempted by price/camera/battery, and they seem reputable for a chinkphone manufacturer, but I'm scared there's some catch.
Also is there anything to look out for when ordering (model variants with different bands and such)

pretty sure all the pixels are supported. samsung and other brands it's questionable since the S7 is only 2 years old. the S9 will be out next year.

The catch is their OS.

Does the mi mix 2 work on gsm bands? I use at&t and I've been checking out the mi mix 2 and essential ph-1, I kinda want to try out the bezeless meme

do we know anything about the S9 yet besides the processor it will have?

From what I've seen, it looks like it's the best budget chink phone along with the xiaomi mi a1.

The meizu has better camera and longer battery which is a plus for most people.
It has flyme os which tries to look and work like iOS

The mi a1 has stock android, but shitty camera and the battery is not as good.

I'm looking for a phone right now, the problem is the Meizu doesn't have an international version so it doesn't work in my country. But I think there's going to be a US or global version next month.

Did you check out Nokia 3310 3G?

Yeah, unlike other Xiaomi phones and other chinkphones, the Mi Mix 2 has pretty much every band there is. AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon, all work.

Im done hesitating, OP5T here I come

Yes; the specs are everything I'm looking for except the body makes it look like a toy or something you would stick up your pooper.
I just want something boxy and plain looking like the 150. I guess I'll just wait and see if they come out with something new in the next couple years.

The camera is okay, I'd say.
But if the camera is a priority for you, the S8 is probably the better choice.
I chose the 5T due to the better community support after getting fucked in the ass by the nonexistent ROM support on the Note4. This was actually the reason I switched.

So far I really like it, though the 6 inch screen is actually too big to be used comfortably I think.
The 1080 vs 1440p difference between the 5T and the Note4 isn't really noticable. I can see a slight difference when holding them 5cm from my face.

I've never used the 5, but the main difference is the design. If you can choose now, go for the 5T. Upgrading from the 5 would be retarded.