Used high end server cpu vs modern current gen low end

What's the cheapest most powerful "server / workstation" tier used CPU I can buy right now for around 100 dollars?

I'm pretty broke right now and I was considering upgrading my PC with some used CPU from a server.

Is it a good idea? I don't care about gayman performance it's more about how many cores and threads I can get for how little money I throw at it.
I was thinking of some kind of xeon E5 v3 or something in that tier.

Right now I got a second gen i7 but the thing is kinda showing it's age and taking too long to finish some stuff I work with.

Is it worth it or I should just buy a new consumer CPU instead for like 150 to 200 bucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/75780/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-v2-12M-Cache-3_50-GHz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a Xeon and get over yourself

>Women
Disgusting

tits posted
thread is over

Holy shit this is from Lily84 or something. She used to hang out on Chan4chan. Never thought I'd see this pic again. Ah the memories

N
I
C
E

T
I
T
S

I like breasts

used Xeon.

Why are 3d girls (female) incapable of taking a photo without including themselves in it?

how would one disprove your premise?
there's tons of pics out there of which you can't tell they were taken by a female due to them NOT being in it

An uggo like you wouldn't understand

Who you calling "uggo", faggot? I'm a solid 8/10

Cool tits, shit laptop.

used server stuff is generally the best way to get a big pile of cores (and other server stuff, like huge memory capacity) for not too much money, especially if, as you say, you don't really care about gaymen/single-thread performance. A hundred-dollar budget is still pretty tight though, especially if you need a motherboard.

You look like an asian Cillian Murphy

Adding to this is power draw will be a consideration

Moar coars, low power draw, inexpensive. Pick any two.

owo who is this

This guy could be a great trap.

Maybe my nuts can cheer you up

OK, OP here.
So I checked ebay a lot and found out both the xeon E5-1650 v2 and E5-2650 v2 at somewhat decent prices although the first is like 10 bucks above the 100 dollar point I set for the CPU and the other is 80.

But the catch now is, which one is the better one if I plan to try to get them either at 4ghz or 3.5 ghz with an used x99 asus board?

The board btw I found for 80 dollars an asus X99-A.

Will this plan work and I will be able to overclock the stuff a bit? I'm trying to get as much performance for as little money as possible and trying to maximize the core / thread count since I plan to render some stuff with it.

I also need to buy memory, the cheapest ddr4 stuff I found was 2400 mhz which kinda sucks but I guess it won't be a huge issue right?

I just need the CPU / Motherboard / RAM.
Got everything else ready for it since I will use my current pc.

Flat is justice, user.

Mommy

These Ivy-Bridge EP CPUs seem to require ddr3.
ark.intel.com/products/75780/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-v2-12M-Cache-3_50-GHz

Weird, they are supposedly to be supported by x99 motherboards which do take ddr4 but if they accepted ddr3 it would be great since I got 6 sticks of 4gb ddr3 1866 mhz laying around.

Thanks for noticing that tho, I will do more research

MOMMY