When there is a blackout and you lose an entire day's worth of coding

>when there is a blackout and you lose an entire day's worth of coding.

What do you do to get into a better mood in these situations?

Other urls found in this thread:

kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not saving regularly
>not having a battery backup
>having a power outage in the first place

Kys faglord

>not saving every line
Sounds like it's your fault, normalfag.

>uninterruptible power supplies for 500, alex

I do save, but the drive got fucked big time. The only reason the project wasn't wiped to zero was because of the daily backups i make.

>What do you do to get into a better mood in these situations?
i smile because i dont live in a 3rd world shithole with natural disasters and rolling blackouts.
last power outage here was like..... 6 years ago... for 15 minutes

I save after every line.
I also have a laptop as my only computer to prevent this shit from happening to me.
Also, even if I lost my local storage, my code is still remotely hosted on github so I don't lose too much work if my laptop were to get stolen or whatever.

>not doing all your work on a laptop with a built in battery

>not making frequent commits to git server.

You brought this on yourself.

why is chloe so sexual

>he doesn't have an UPS

You can only blame yourself faggot.

do i look like a millionaire to you?

>The only reason the project wasn't wiped to zero was because of the daily backups i make.
Here's hoping you don't get axed for making unauthorized copies of the companies IP.

>he writes codes for anyone other than himself or a foss project

>codes

Like:
>maths

We're not all gainfully unemployed, user.

No one says codes except illiterates and brainlets. People DO say maths, but britbongs are retards, anyway.

Linus, as an example, has been employed as a kernel maintainer for decades, a project of his own creation. But when you write code for someone else, no matter your brilliance and/or effort, the company will own it all. Enjoy being a wageslave.

>Linus, as an example,
Now give me twenty others.

>kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS
Most of the code contributed to the kernel is by paid developers and engineers.
The main developer of mpv is paid to maintain it by Plex.
Many more such cases, but of course they're the minority, since most people don't strive for more than having their code go towards a proprietary black box.

>Most of the code contributed to the kernel is by paid developers and engineers.
If I pay someone to have sex with my friend, they're still a whore, even though their sex partner didn't pay them.
>since most people don't strive for more than having their code go towards a proprietary black box.
That's a very high horse you're on, user. It's too bad that it's swaybacked and knock-kneed.

>using github

Commit to git more often I suppose?

You must be new if you're not using some sort of version control and committing often.

>Having a blackout in the first world

>coding

commit is a local operation. you need to push to a remote which is actually on a different machine