What browser should I use for optimal security?

What browser should I use for optimal security?

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None

Firefox is the only good browser that respects your privacy.

>ask security
>answers privacy

Should I get any addons with Firefox?

Safariā„¢ prevents cross-site tracking in your computer.

>right click a tab
>read drop down
>duplicate tab
there is LITERALLY no reason that anybody should use chrome now that firefox quantum has duplicate tab

Ublock origin, https everywhere, umatrix (if you are serious about security and privacy), decentraleyes

firefox + privacy badger + noscript + block coin miners + https everywhere + ghostery.

to remove ads get Ublock Origin

to get more privacy add disconnect.

privacy != security

Lynx

You can't disable websockets in Chrome.

too bad it doesn't run on computers, just overpriced child playthings

Netcat

Why does privacy matter? What even is privacy on the internet? Can't companies have the right to view what you're viewing on their internet?

Not with that attitude

links

Build a PC without a network card

Hello reddit!

fpbp

uMatrix > NoScript.

haven't heard of it before, took a look, how is it better than noscript? Admittedly you don't have to dig a layer deeper for toggles which is nice, but the UI is so ugly. Am I missing something?

emacs of course. if you cant figure it out then neither can malware

isnt ghostery a botnet?

is it, was recommended to me by a freind so I didn't dig into it as much as I maybe should have. There are some interesting company ties, but There is also an opt out for the tracking
>pic related
As far as I know if you disable that Ghostery is fine, but you have to be aware that's there and switch it off. That said I don't necessarily trust them, but they do catch a lot of trackers that other extensions seem to miss.

Brave

Firefox
>install uBlock Origin, enable more filters in it
>disable telemetry, disable safebrowsing
This is probably enough. From here you can add more to security by tweaking settings in about:config and installing uMatrix.

>privacy badger
Not needed if you have NoScript/uMatrix and third-party cookies blocked

>block coin miners
>ghostery
>disconnect
Unnecessary when you have uBlock Origin

>install a distribution of gnu/linux if you're not already using one
>install the linux-hardened kernel or better compile it from source
>download source code for firefox
>add ac_add_options --enable-pie to mozconfig
>compile with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -fstack-check -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now,-z,noexecstack (these are for hardening you can add other flags for optimization)
>install firejail or better compile it from source so you can add additional hardening flags
>launch firefox inside firejail using the default profile or even better create your own more locked down profile
>recompile firefox once in a while, I do once a week because I use nightly probably same for beta but if you use release it doesn't get that much code added daily so in that case either once a month or just follow release schedule

Alternatively you can just do all your web browsing from within a virtual machine since it's more isolated from your real system than what can be achieved with Firejail

/thread

>Ghostery
>not uMatrix

Fucking Winter Sup Forums is worst than Summer Sup Forums

wget or curl

Yet there isn't a default "View image in next tab" option for some reason.

I'm getting an issue on Chrome where if I start a youtube video while wearing headphones and start browsing other tabs while it's playing, the audio will become unsynced when I return. The only way I can fix this is if I clear my browsing history but it happens again when I next turn on my pc and I have to again clear the history. As far as I can tell this only happens in Chrome (issue didn't seem to happen while using Microsoft Edge).

Has anyone here had this issue or knows how to fix it? Re-installing Chrome didn't help. I would just switch to using edge but it doesn't play all the webms I come across on Sup Forums.

Middle click the "open in new tab" option.

What's the big deal? What do you even need that feature for?

Not an argument. NSA can still listen to your CPU whine and eavesdrop on you.

Pale moon with:
ublock origin
no script
https everywhere

There's no escaping governments with all the backdoored hardware. Just minimizing data mining by private companies

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

Checkmate
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

SECURITY: Chrome
PRIVACY: Firefox

/thread

>No right click translate page

Firefox in a sandboxed environment

Thank you.

if you were gonna use edge then just use firefox.

maybe its the hardware acceleration? have you tried disabling/enabling that on chrome?