Why even bother learning a programming language in 2017?

Why even bother learning a programming language in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

joelonsoftware.com/2002/11/11/the-law-of-leaky-abstractions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why not?

I hate how people like this can even be praised for their shitty startups.

kek, she runs a blog giving startup advice now

apparently a couple years with a failed startup under her belt makes her an expert.

a sabbatical refers to a break from one's work to go do research or something

what the fuck is she doing?

Learning to "code"

So, how did she do it? A platform like Bubble + freelancers?

By being a female in technology. The latest craze is getting girls into technology no matter how shit they are just for diversity's sake.

I'm asking about the particulars. Where does the software powering her startup come from?

Yes, Bubble.

boilerplate

Did she use Axure to create the UI and called it a app or something?

Damnit people like OP's pic anger me so much.
>use shitty poo-in-loo "app creator" you found on the appstore with no reviews
>throw together a heap of shit using the app
>cant fix bugs because pajeet doesn't offer compiled source code of your app
>LOOK GUYZ I MADES MY OWN APPZ U CAN TOO!!!!!!!
>ITZ A LITTLE BROKE RIGHT NOW BUT WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE WE CAN FIXZ IT!!!!!
>captcha: mexico calle

When will females realize that they are judged at the level of a small child's artwork.
>child your shitty stick figure drawing is so wonderful we will display it on the fridge
>female your low iq shitty idea is so wonderful we will write news articles about you and spend money on female only bootcamps

at this point you just know they're just desperately trying to get a name for themselves in the tech field

Learning how to run a business.

Today write blogs on medium is high level status on circle jerk start up fail most basic errors.

>a failed startup under her belt makes her an expert.
Just like 95% of "experts". In media if you don't have any credentials and they don't have anything to back you up, they will always say you're an "expert".

It's because they've started a company. In the neoliberal narration making companies is always an unquestionable good, so even if you fuck up repeatedly and you're just unfit for it, it's still somehow being considered better than not doing it. Even if all you did was just wasting time and resources.
In any other circumstances a person like that would be called a failure, but in this case they somehow get a "you've tried" award, which is taken morbidly seriously by people.

>people
What do you mean "you people"?!!das raycist!!!

> neoliberal narration
I agree that not everyone is fit to run a company, but you should keep that /leftypol/ speak to yourself.

I dont know if thats a leftist thing, but I do agree that starting a company, no matter how horrible it does, is the cool thing to do these days. Cant find work? Start a company.

I know what you mean, I have seen some local businesses pop-up that are just doomed to fail in the first 2 years, whilst incurring a huge debt.
I don't understand why people half-ass something as important as getting an income.
In my case, it's local businesses that do no market research what-so-ever before buying in. I have 4 shops in the same stretch of road in my local shopping district -- all predominantly sell low quality vape gear at premium prices. Honestly they deserve what they get, for being so goddam lazy & stupid.

>I have 4 shops in the same stretch of road in my local shopping district -- all predominantly sell low quality vape gear

That's literally something you can find out with QGIS and OSM data for free in a hour or so, what a bunch of morons.

Because you may not necessarily need to know coding to come up with a good idea, but it will certainly give you the opportunity to build something expandable and robust.

I concur, that app is essentially stuck in its current state. What happens when there is a shift in the market and peoples expectations, do you modify your application with non-standard features in order to attract customers -- no, because you don't have the ability to.
So what does a person do? drop that (potentially profitable) app and move on to the next get rich scheme.
Its the mark of a mediocre entrepreneur.

Because nobody hires pic related

Read your fucking image again you dumbass.

They are talking about "coding" and "apps".
To write real programs and not (((apps))) you still need to know programming, not (((coding)))

Well deserved digits, made me kek

Reminds me a study done in Australia. They removed the name of job applicants so that more diverse people can be invited to job interviews just based on their merit. Turns out that they invited more white males not less

>kek, she runs a blog giving startup advice now

So she's a bullshit artist?

Getting gangbanged by a bunch of blacks.

Ha.

Obviously you can take a couple of conclusions from this and pick the worst.

joelonsoftware.com/2002/11/11/the-law-of-leaky-abstractions/
/thread

>kek, she runs a blog giving startup advice now
> apparently a couple years with a failed startup under her belt makes her an expert.

Yup.

googling "bankruptsy"

It's the grown-up version of a participation trophy I guess.

the only thing that made me chose aerospace engineering over computer science is the awful experience of having to go through the pages of text seeking for typos so i couldd correct : to ;

Why wont they make blueprint-style compilers for popular programming languages?
I loved drawing visual representation of programs and fuvking hated to axtually code it.

Because you can't make anything serious in something like scratch.

>scratch
Why not make a more advanced scratch that graphically represents C++ and compiles it into binary?

The whole problem is havint to work with walls of esoteric text and syntax

Other than you they have something to offer besides being autistic losers.

>go through the pages of text seeking for typos so i couldd correct : to ;
Pretty sure this is why compilers output line numbers for syntax error there, chief.