Sorry to drop a truth bomb on yall...

Sorry to drop a truth bomb on yall, but the Edison bulb is the most aesthetic bulb shape and nothing can match the light quality of incandescence.

LED a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest-lasting_light_bulbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_gVUDGEI0w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay.

Are you just asking for links to the Edison style retro led bulbs? Fuck off and do your own searching.

U caught me

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest-lasting_light_bulbs

You're right.

LED filament bulbs don't look anywhere near as good.

Aren't this type of LEDs very prone to flicker?

LEDs just really suck at dimming in general. And the quality of light they put out just pales in comparison. Those phony squirrel cage bulbs are dildos.

I fucking love the warm light they give off compared to most led lights these days.

That's why I ran halogen in my old apt. But then I found that yuji company that make fucking Ra98 chips.
I run that straight from a lifepo4 battery, since voltage matches perfectly on some voltage binnings, so no flicker.

That's 'cos they're driven with shitty pwm, that lack enough smoothing caps.

It's not a problem with the LED technology.
If you give an LED clean DC, it won't flicker at all.

It's a power supply problem. LED mains bulbs need to convert AC to DC and step down the voltage and all that shit needs to fit into the tiny Edison screw.

>the light quality of incandescence.

what do you mean by this?

You can just get smart lights and have the best of both worlds though. Right now my room is a dark orange, but in the morning it's nice and blue.

When you look at something illuminated by shit light (LED, CFL) you're only looking at a fraction of the colors that you'd see if it were lit up by incandescence.

Get a full spectrum led lamp if you need all the colors for some reason.

this will flicker

dumb teslaposters will debate this

this kind won't flicker

leds are getting up into the high 90's for CRI these days though

>LED
>shit light
Just get the ones makred as "daylight" lamps and you won't have any problems with colors.

I'd rather pay a few dollars more per month in electricity and ensure that everything I look at is in natural color and I don't get blasted with brain fucking flicker 24/7

You're confusing color temperature with color rendering.

>natural color
most of the power is wasted on a wavelength nobody can see

>confusing color temperature with color rendering
There's probably a reason why warm-light LEDs are not in the same shelf as daylight LEDs

Talk for yourself, visionlet

Everyone knows that flourescent tubes are the best
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_gVUDGEI0w

>there is a skull in the center pic to the left of the rainbow

>AiShi
>碍事

Most bulbs are shit with a shit PSU but if you like to DIY you can get some 97CRI LEDs and have a proper PSU on them.

>people used to be able to afford running warm 100w light bulbs.

>can barely afford to run cold 10w equivalents now.

what happened?

iShit

Bring back Nixies.